What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Bloody Speakers

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Bloody Speakers
Author: Message:
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Bloody Speakers
Hey er anyone help with this my speakers just randomly stopped working they play NO sound at all thru my computer, i have a PCI card and everythings installed correctly. They were working yesterday. My windows says that everythings fine.

Ive tried all sorts of formatted songs with all the audio programs on my computer, i tried an Audio CD too... My "Audio Demo" the test thats on here i tried to use and i got a variety of error messages the first time but after restarting the demo worked except that i still didnt hear anything. I havnt installed any new hardware scince they have stopped working or done anything that could possibly prevent them from working.
07-29-2004 08:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Bloody Speakers
try a pair of headphones to see if its a hardware problem or not, if headphones dont work either then either the speakers are bust, or the wire is fucked.
07-29-2004 08:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
Try less drastic methods like Kao's headphone idea first before considering this;
Try putting the PCI card into another PCI slot, my old PC had the same problem and that always fixed it.
Also it messed up my dial up connection; if you use a dial-up connection (non-broadband) check if that's still working...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
07-29-2004 08:58 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bloody Speakers
I cant be bothered to take apart my computer but i will if i have to. i tested the speakers in my iPod and they worked fine so its not them looks to be the hardware ill test headfones..No i use broadband...Testing headfones now..P.S the volume ISNT on mute... anddd headfones..failed..looks to be the PCI card...
07-29-2004 09:11 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
I cant be bothered to take apart my computer
Its a 2 minute job...although I do know someone who got a small electric shock off his PCI graphics card when the dumbass took it out without unplugging the computer...

Just simply take the lid off your computer, take out the PCI card and place it in another slot...take your pic...you're hardly "taking apart your computer", lol
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
07-29-2004 09:29 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
lol my computer has like 99999999999 screws in the back of it its going to take ages...
07-29-2004 09:44 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

THats holding all of the attachments on, it should be a simple slide out,  so it shouldn't take long.
07-29-2004 09:52 AM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
I did it, i switched the PCI card into the 2nd slot and yes its in properly but it still dosnt work..any ideas? is it possible that my PCI card is entierly broken and i need a new one? :| It is five years old

Edit: I installed the lastest website drivers and everything worked until i played an MP3 in winamp...windows media player had no probs (that was a .wma file btw) so maybe its a conflict between my PCI card and Winamp or my PCI card and MP3's? Any ideas?

This post was edited on 07-29-2004 at 11:13 AM by Pyroteq.
07-29-2004 10:30 AM
The Napster

I seriously need to change this pic

– / Male / –
I have something like that:
i use Sunrise MP to stream Swiss Radio stations, when i launch winamp while it is playing theres no sound anymore, maybe u got a proble like it?
[Image: globesig2.png]
07-29-2004 12:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
maybe...im going to reinstall later tonight and try not using winamp and play the MP3's thru WMP and if it works i might just have to avoid Winamp
07-29-2004 12:44 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: