What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger Discovery Question

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Messenger Discovery Question
Author: Message:
Jessica

43 / Female / Flag
O.P. Messenger Discovery Question
Hi, I downloaded Messenger Discovery. I also have Messenger Plus. I just noticed that my discovery told me my friend, Jonah had just signed off but yet her name didn't appear coming online/offline in Messenger Plus, does that mean I am blocked? I know some of my people on my list like to blocked everyone on their list sometimes cos they get busy and even if they are on busy, away. People still im them..
10-31-2004 09:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Discovery Question
Messenger Discovery is known to make Plus not work properly. If Plus isn't showning your contact coming online/offline then MsgDiscovery may be the problem.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
10-31-2004 09:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
effekt

Choli that is a load of crap. MessengerDiscovery is designed to work with Messenger Plus! (if it is installed). There's no way in hell MessengerDiscovery wouldn't interfere with Plus! without being done on purpose, which would defy the point of making it work [better] with Plus!.

You probably get that alert because they have signed in offline or some other circumstance Plus! doesn't detect. Due to the completely different way Plus! and MessengerDiscovery work, MD detects contacts going 'offline' differently (and more accurately).

This post was edited on 10-31-2004 at 09:46 PM by effekt.
10-31-2004 09:44 PM
Jessica

43 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Discovery Question
Yeah, MD doesnt associate with MP cos all my other contacts have signed on and off in both places, this is only the first time that MD told me my friend, Jonah had signed off but yet MP didn't pick it up.
10-31-2004 09:49 PM
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
I have both msgPlus and msgDiscovery on at all time and i never have any problem
Cow juice...
10-31-2004 09:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user35870
Disabled Account

I had the same problem i just removed md.
10-31-2004 09:56 PM
Jessica

43 / Female / Flag
Yeah, I'll think I'll remove it
10-31-2004 09:59 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by effekt
Choli that is a load of crap.
Measure your words, please. If I've said that MD causes problems to Plus is because we've had lots of people who have had problems with Plus when they installed MD. That's something that I didn't invented. Feel free to search these forums and you'll find several threads about that. If MD works fine (and lets Plus work fine) inyour computer, good for you; but that isn't usual.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
10-31-2004 10:51 PM
eckocomplex

– / Male / –
It works fine for people that understand what it is doing. Not one beta tester (out of 30) had troubles with Plus! but actually commented on how good Plus! compatibility was. I think the people having issues are seeing behaviour that they normally wouldn't see and call it weird. MessengerDiscovery just doesn't make up contacts going offline. Like I said, it would be under a circumstance that MessengerDiscovery detects and not Plus! due to Plus! running on the Messenger API and its' events. It's simply because the API events differs to stop 'bugs'.

Example;
Client receives a "FLN matt@effekt.com". Messenger API checks if that contact is online, if is then calls the API function UserChangeStatus (or what ever it's called). MessengerDiscovery sees the FLN and alerts anyway.

I can't put it any more simple than that.

Jessica, you would be making a mistake in uninstallling it because there is no real problem. In fact you wouldend up geting no information about what is REALLY going on ;).
11-01-2004 04:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jessica

43 / Female / Flag
I had no problems with Plus or Discovery when I had both. But today Discovery told me Jonah signed off when she didn't show up on my list and Plus didnt detact it. It did it to my friend Loz too. I don't really Discovery, I only had it to see who blocks me but that doesnt really work. When people block me, they block everyone on their list cos they dont wanna be bothered but they will talk to me soon. Sorry but I just dont want a add on thing when Jonah or Loz aren't really online. Rather stick with Plus.
11-01-2004 04:22 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: