What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Cannot view Contact Cards

Cannot view Contact Cards
Author: Message:
MikeTheThug

O.P. Cannot view Contact Cards
Hello,

I recently haven't been able to view people's contact cards. The problem just occoured, I didn't download any add-ons or whatever. When I click the button to view there contact card, nothing appears.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks in advance

-Mike (The Thug)
06-18-2005 06:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Cannot view Contact Cards
check your about and tell me the exact code of your msn messenger....maybe its 7 but an old build...also maybe its just server maintenace in your area...I dont have trouble...

text in navy has been edited

This post was edited on 06-18-2005 at 07:28 PM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
06-18-2005 07:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
also maybe its just server maintenace in your area...I dont have trouble...

I don't think that a contact card not appearing would be anything to do with server maintenance. If he could see the contact card, but nothing appeared on it, then maybe, but as the contact card won't appear, it's probably something wrong with the actual program.

Try uninstalling through control panel, add/remove programs, MSN Messenger, Remove.

Then download and install from messenger.msn.com.

Also, is anything else not working properly, or is it only the contact cards.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
06-18-2005 09:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

35 / Male / –
It does that to me sometimes, some people's cards will load and some won't. Usually, if I go to that contact's space straight in the browser, it says, "This space is temporarely unavailable". So probably that's why MSN can't download anything to put on the card.
06-18-2005 09:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jren207
It does that to me sometimes, some people's cards will load and some won't. Usually, if I go to that contact's space straight in the browser, it says, "This space is temporarely unavailable". So probably that's why MSN can't download anything to put on the card.

Are you talking about Spaces loading on the contact card or the contact card not appearing at all?

I think MikeTheThug was saying that nothing appears at all when he clicks the button. Well, that's what i got from it.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
06-18-2005 10:02 PM
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

35 / Male / –
ahh, if it's just the spaces info not loading then, well server problem, but if a dp and name etc doesn't show, then what monster.rat said earlier on in this thread...
06-18-2005 10:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
daredavid

im having a similar problem too, i try to view the msn profiles of the people from my contact list, but the sites from messenger.msn.com dont seem to load anymore. they were fine last week ...
06-19-2005 02:16 AM
MikeTheThug

O.P. RE: Cannot view Contact Cards
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
check your about and tell me the exact code of your msn messenger....maybe its 7 but an old build...

Its 7.0.0813

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
I don't think that a contact card not appearing would be anything to do with server maintenance. If he could see the contact card, but nothing appeared on it, then maybe, but as the contact card won't appear, it's probably something wrong with the actual program.

Try uninstalling through control panel, add/remove programs, MSN Messenger, Remove.

Then download and install from messenger.msn.com.

Also, is anything else not working properly, or is it only the contact cards.

I tried that and it still doesn't work. Its just the contact card thats not working.

And to clear up what the others were saying, the contact card does not show at all. I can still get to MSN Spaces via the MSN Spaces button at the top (beside MSN Today). Its just the contact card that isn't showing up. Thats my only problem.
06-19-2005 02:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: