What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Printer is pissing me off

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Printer is pissing me off
Author: Message:
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
O.P. Printer is pissing me off
Hi,

I have an HP printer Deskjet 656C and it's pissing me off, :( I've been trying to print out a PDF document out for the last 10 min and it starts out fine then stop half way thru the printing process and stops.  I've reinstalled the drivers and re-installed the software and the same thing keeps happing.  What the hell is going on? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
02-14-2006 07:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ghost_Stalker

I will eat your unhappiness!

40 / Male / –
RE: Printer is pissing me off
Check your printer settings (NOt through Adobe, but through Windows itself) and make sure that Windows spools the document BEFORE sending it to the printer. Your printer might not have enough onboard memory to print the entire document.

What OS are you using? Is the printer connected via Parallel or USB? Is the port on the PC USB 2.0 (How old is the PC) and how big is the PDF file?
.:. \"Of course I thought it was a terrorist threat.\" - MacArthur Airport worker Kimberley Edwards describing a suspecious device flagged by x-ray inspectors that caused the west wing of the Long Island airport to be evacuated  It was an XBox 360 .:.
02-14-2006 07:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
any error messages?

faulty cable?
02-14-2006 07:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Printer is pissing me off
I've checked and played with all the settings and everything is fine it's spooling it.  I'm have 512mb or ram, Windows xp SP2 installed.  Iv'e done:

2) Upgraded Driver
3) Played with printer settings
4) cleaned out printer of dust
5) unplugged and plugged back in.

It's connected via USB it's a Compaq Deskpro PC, running XP SP2, 512mb RAM it's a 9kb 1 page document, the printer is mabye 4 years old. 
02-14-2006 08:12 PM
Ghost_Stalker

40 / Male / –
Is it USB or Parallel? And have you tried printing off the same document somewhere else? Or tried printing off another PDF document on the printer? (Sorry for all the Q's I've worked in tech support for a while >.< )
.:. \"Of course I thought it was a terrorist threat.\" - MacArthur Airport worker Kimberley Edwards describing a suspecious device flagged by x-ray inspectors that caused the west wing of the Long Island airport to be evacuated  It was an XBox 360 .:.
02-14-2006 08:15 PM
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
It's USB I can print the document on another printer that I have and it prints fine, I think the printer is a piece of junk  HP Deskjet 656C

This post was edited on 02-14-2006 at 08:19 PM by YourNeibour.
02-14-2006 08:17 PM
Ghost_Stalker

40 / Male / –
Ya, I'd have to go with it being the printer. When the document gets stuck, does a light flash on the printer?
02-14-2006 08:20 PM
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
Yes  both lights.
02-14-2006 08:25 PM
Ghost_Stalker

40 / Male / –
The printer could be spooling... Have you tried pressing the resume button? It might be time to replace the printer! I suggest a nice new Canon printer!
02-14-2006 08:29 PM
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
yeah when I pressed it, nothing happened.  I bought this printer 3 years ago and it was fine.  It's funny I have a Deskjet 697C printer that I've had for over 6 years and it works great.  that one is my dad's this one the 656C turned into a totally crapper in 2 years lol
02-15-2006 02:10 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: