What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Joke] [Release] Open Window Notification

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
[Joke] [Release] Open Window Notification
Author: Message:
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: [Release] Open Window Notification
You fell for it big time. Now what I think about people wanting the WON feature is true. It was proven!
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
07-04-2006 11:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Open Window Notification
Linx05: he did :)
07-04-2006 11:39 AM
emeed

– / Male / –
RE: RE: [Release] Open Window Notification
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
You fell for it big time. Now what I think about people wanting the WON feature is true. It was proven!

The only thing proven is the mental age of some anti-WON ppl.
This is just sad.

07-04-2006 12:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
:lol: i thought the script might be dodgy, so i checked the source straight after i downloaded it :P

Love the joke stiggeh <3

quote:
Originally posted by emeed
This is just sad.
Why's it sad, are people not allowed to have a joke?
Just people you people fell for it <3

Also, i wouldn't define it into pro-WON and anti-WON, i'd say more "people who want an unreliable notification" and "people who realise its unreliable and realise that it is pointless because it is unreliable"
07-04-2006 12:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
quote:
This is just sad.
It proves to me that you WON fanboys (I like to call them fanboys) will think it is 'working' even when the errors are done on purpose.

One of the funniest threads ever! Now every time someone asks for the WON feature I will point them here.
End Darko
My blog about my film

07-04-2006 01:11 PM
tacos_burritos

How about instead of wasting time making a fake WON, you actually spend that time wisely and create a real one that works...
07-04-2006 01:22 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by tacos_burritos
How about instead of wasting time making a fake WON, you actually spend that time wisely and create a real one that works...
Because as has been discussed a bazzilion times, currently there is no way to make one that is reliable

If you want it so bad code it yourself, what anyone else does with their time is up to them.
Coders arn't slaves, they code what they want, not what you people demand.
In short, code one yourself or stop bitching!
07-04-2006 01:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
emeed

– / Male / –
I'm not going to argue this, it's been said before and if you don't want to understand then there is nothing I can do about it.

It's been stated before that the window notification is a bad name and that it is a session notifier. The commands for session open and close are in the protocol. Ppl want a session notifier.

And no, we are not fanboys. We just want a feature. There is nothing obsesive devoted about asking for something we once had. There is no stereotype.
Anti-won on this board however spend time making fun of ppl and undermine every topic on it. It's always the same. "unreliable, unreliable, ..." This is a stereotype.
It now even comes to the point that you're deliberatly give false information to ppl that don't know better. You're a real hero.

It would be so easy to make a session notification and educate ppl on the subject. Cookie is laughing with this? Wait till everyone comes to ask why their WON plugin won't work. The fun will be over after a few topics.

Edit: unless msn protocol makes random invites for sessions. Tell me, does msn make random invites to join a switchboard? Dare to tell me wrong.

This post was edited on 07-04-2006 at 02:27 PM by emeed.
07-04-2006 02:23 PM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: RE: [Release] Open Window Notification
quote:
I'm not going to argue this, it's been said before and if you don't want to understand then there is nothing I can do about it.
It seems like you are?

quote:
It's been stated before that the window notification is a bad name and that it is a session notifier. The commands for session open and close are in the protocol. Ppl want a session notifier.
Use MessengerDiscovery Live.

quote:
And no, we are not fanboys. We just want a feature. There is nothing obsesive devoted about asking for something we once had. There is no stereotype.
Anti-won on this board however spend time making fun of ppl and undermine every topic on it. It's always the same. "unreliable, unreliable, ..." This is a stereotype.
It now even comes to the point that you're deliberatly give false information to ppl that don't know better. You're a real hero.
Look at the source, it says it is a joke. I think it is funny because it does the exact same thing we've been saying and you all praised Stigmata for making the script.

quote:
It would be so easy to make a session notification and educate ppl on the subject.
What do you think Cookie and the rest of us are trying to do? We give out the facts proving it won't work but we still (yes still) get posts telling us that their way will work. Trust me, it won't.

quote:
Cookie is laughing with this? Wait till everyone comes to ask why their WON plugin won't work. The fun will be over after a few topics.
We're all laughing at you. And the fun won't be over for me anyway. I'll keep this bookmarked.
End Darko
My blog about my film

07-04-2006 03:23 PM
emeed

– / Male / –
Yes, keep circumventing the question. :)

The only fact there is is that the name WON was wrong. Don't talk about other "facts" because you don't know what you're talking about.

If i'm wrong you tell me where I'm wrong. Otherwise you're just jumping the bandwagon.

This post was edited on 07-04-2006 at 04:46 PM by emeed.
07-04-2006 04:44 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: