What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » COntacts cannot chat with me

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
COntacts cannot chat with me
Author: Message:
lrodrigues

RE: COntacts cannot chat with me
Oh my god... This is being really dificult to explain... Supose that you have my contact on your account. And supose that you want to start to chat with me. You click on my name, u start typing some stuff like "Hello...", and when you press ENTER or SEND you receive the following message "THE MESSAGE COULD NOT BE DELIVERED TO THE RECIPIENT" Peoply try to chat with me and they can't! This is my concern! BIG MESSENGER SERVER BUG, THAT'S WHAT I CALL IT!
01-23-2007 12:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
OK firstly can you calm down...and secondly it is none of your concern, if it happens at your contacts end then it's your contacts that should be trying to fix it not you. If you can start a chat and talk to them then it is NOT the servers (well for you anyway but for them then it's another issue).
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
01-23-2007 12:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lrodrigues

Well... Then let's think a litle bit about this question....
You have a messenger account that is working fine rigth? I'll bet with you that if you try to start a chat with me the that u will receive an error message.
01-23-2007 12:50 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
so then it's my problem to fix the problem...not your problem. It's been the same thing I have been telling you
01-23-2007 12:51 AM
lrodrigues

So all the world, all my friends chat with each other with no problems but none of them can start a chat with me and you still think it's their  problem?
01-23-2007 12:58 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
of course it is their problem.

Do you have any of the problems you describe? No.

Do they have any of the problems you describe? Yes

Do I have to make it any clearer that it isn't your problem?

01-23-2007 01:00 AM
lrodrigues

I give up....
01-23-2007 01:01 AM
Zazie rx

I have tested this with trillian as well, so it has nothing to do with my msn client. Its the servers... wish they would fix it.
01-23-2007 12:51 PM
illusionbg

I have the same issue, nobody can start chat with me. It's from 5 days already I create a new account and it's working fine.
01-23-2007 02:01 PM
lrodrigues

Same problem here! I am from Portugal, and so far the only Portuguese i know with this problem.
No matter what we do, the problem is allways the same and it's, for sure, related to our messenger accounts.
It seems that this problem, for what i have been exploring on blogs and foruns related to messenger, is reaching a few, very unlucky people, us :@!
It also seems that the majority of the bloggers and forum members are convinced that the problem is related with client problems and i am really loosing my patient with these people that the only advice that they can give us is to upgrade to the new Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.1.
A really strong bug is f...ing our accounts and my opinion is this:
Probably there are several servers that deal with 50 milion of messenger accounts! What servers do? Well, probably when you log in to messenger servers (log in to messenger) they give you your contact list to your client. These servers probably associate each account to the IP adresses of the clients that are online, so, when you click on a contact to chat, your client itinitiates a session with the IP and port that the messenger server gave you (you will never see the IP, only the contact name, unless you install and tun a "Network Protocol Analyser"), all data can be captured "off the wire" from a live network connection!

Now, our problem...
We have our accounts on one of the servers so, i can bet with you that our server is the same and it has a huge BUG. When some one tryes to chat with us get the error message and can't reach us (IP is not granted by the server???)
One of the methods to see if this is really the case is to run a "protocol analyser" on a machine running a "good" messenger account and try to contact with a "f...ed" messenger account... If the IP address of the "f...ed" account does no appear on the Protocol Analyser of the computer runing the "good account" it means that my theory is correct!
Does any one have time to try this!?
A am full of work to do and don't have time to test this...
Ethereal is a good network protocol analyser!
www.ethereal.com

Best Regards from Portugal!
01-23-2007 08:26 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: