Originally posted by DJVG
The hell with it: http://www.djvg.net/dl/pluswithoutadwarecrap.zip
Zip with all information included and a installer script.
Works on 7 x64, should work on other oses as well.
Have fun with it guys! (i did not modify any plus files!!)
No, it wont work on all OSs.
Mosty because you hard coded the installation paths in that batch file.
Since you need an existing installation, it is quite easy (and very recommended) to
1) check if there is an existing installation to begin with
2) get the user's installation paths from Skype and Plus! from the registry.
See how in my decryptAll.bat and encryptAll.bat command line tools for mass decryption/encryption of Plus! logs
But equally important:
3) The virtual cam driver will not be "updated
" by doing all this, since it it not located in the installation path of Plus! but in the driver repository of Windows.
4) You forgot to include the sounds and other additional media. Those are not installed in the installation path, but rather in the users application data repository. Not vital stuff, but still...
5) hint/tip: The 'settings' map contains the Plus!Network installer.
In other words, there is much more to it to let it (propery) work than simply overwriting files in the installation map!!!
Notes to others:
1) Note that this will not "install the latest" version per say
, but simply attempts to copy the program files contained within the zip over your already installed files. Hence the reason why you need an existing installation, because nothing get installed, no settings are created, etc. It would work more or less for now, but as soon as an update is present, this wont do you any good anymore.
2) In case you perform step 2 from the readme file and you're not carefull, "crap" can still be installed
3) This will not update/install the Plus! virtual cam driver
. Which may lead to all kinds of unexpected problems.
4) Less important, but still. This will not update/install the additional sounds or other possible media