What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Suggestions needed!!

Pages: (18): « First « 13 14 15 16 [ 17 ] 18 » Last »
1 votes - 4 average   Suggestions needed!!
Author: Message:
kasthor

9 Souls!

– / Male / –
RE: Suggestions needed!!
ok i have other suggestion....

is that posible that when u open a conversation with some one it puts back a few recent lines from the chat log?, useful also :D
05-30-2003 12:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Suggestions needed!!
quote:
Originally posted by kasthor
Actualy, i don't know if it's implemented i can't check right now (*), but i would like to know the version of the plus and ( if it's posible ) the version of the messenger, so i know if the other person is able to hear my sounds or view my colors, i think it's usefull, may be also to know the time of the other person, so if he/she is away we can know if he/she is sleeping ;) ( something like CTCP features )

I hope also that you can do the programing of MsgPlus for MSN6, a lot of people is using it, or may be adapting the new emoticons to the plus so we can use msn5 and understand the emoticons :P

First, compatibility for msn6 will 90% sure in the next version, so dont worry for now about that.

And the suggestion, it is sort of already available in plus, with the tag (!VER). Though, you only can type that tag to see YOUR versions, your buddie will have to type it (having plus) so that you can see his versions. And no, it won't be added the other way around.
05-30-2003 12:30 AM
kasthor

9 Souls!

– / Male / –
:O fast answers i like it!

another suggestion, i think it's hard but dunno if u like it

problem:

when i go home i put my computer away but some times my computer crashes, and i don't know if people leaves me some messages last night, ok what i do us to check the chat logs sorting them by modification date and then i check the more recents to see my msgs

suggestion:

when i go away it puts a stamp somewhere ( registry? ), and also may disable sounds, but when i come back next day, then msn will tell me that since i was away i have been contacted by ( a list of users ) then i can open the log ( with the log viewer already suggested by someone else ) and view the messages from my contacts

... i ask santa claus, dunno if i am a good boy
05-30-2003 12:47 AM
kasthor

9 Souls!

– / Male / –
ok some more suggestions... just ideas, that if you like, you take

a cool gaim feature is that have events depending on the person that logs in, so, when some one logs on, when some one logs out, when some one send a message, or start typing, it will perform an action, that may vary from sending this person a message, poping up a conversation window with that person, running a command, or playing a sound,

i think that's a really practical feature.
05-30-2003 02:24 AM
gigabit

2 much bandwidth will kill you :)

– / Male / –
Hi, people!

I would suggest making an option for Plus! to view user pictures.
I mean.. if the user is ofline then I 'd like to see his picture in MSN6  but I cannot...  and if possible, store the previous pictures of desired users (a cute girl or sumthin':) ).  and delete the unwanted ones.

keep on doing good work, Patchou! ;)
ERROR 00023612: file deletion failed. Disk is full.
05-30-2003 08:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fragged

Uber

RE: RE: RE: RE: Suggestions needed!!
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:
Originally posted by SMG
quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
whats (!UPTIME) do?

like in mIRC, it displays how long your computer has been on for:

eg)

you type "(!uptime)"

and "(!uptime)" gets replaced with something simular to "Windows XP up 1wk 1hr 56mins 29secs", depending on how long you've computer's been on for

(and yes, that's my actual uptime :p)

Ur uptime sucks;), this is mine:

14 days, 13 hours, 8 minutes, 35 seconds

:) ;)

That's cause he has XP

anyway,

1. Ability to modify what's in 'Tools' and 'Actions' ntm 'Plus!'

2. (!UPTIME) sounds like a cool idea but also (!ONLINE) ?

3. Get rid of the thing on the right of a convo window with "I want to..." and "Start talking"

Yay my E key is teh working
Regime Change
Starts with Howard

Learn to capitilise properly

<please do not take offence to the preceding comments>
05-30-2003 10:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Goofy

Goofy rulezz

– / Male / –
Cool  RE: Suggestions needed!!
I really like the idea of being able to put a password on the log files.
And of course msn 6 compatiblitiy.

These I think are most important.

Greetz
Goofy
05-30-2003 10:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Persephone

I'm in!

– / Female / –
Status
Hi everyone,

and thanks to Patchou for Messenger Plus!, which I hope it's compatible with MSN 6 a.s.a.p.

I've read the previous 18 pages making suggestions and I've learned that I am not the only who misses customizable status, or simply, more status to choose among.

Studying, reading/writing mail, surfing the net, watching tv, free for chat,  ... are more interesting status than the existing ones. Even more interesting it would be, if I could write in my own words my current status.

Provided that someone has said that it's impossible, (and I got shocked again when I installed MSN 6 and saw that there are still the same status than in previous versions), I ask 'why??'

Let's say that new status can't be added... isn't it possible to overwrite the existing ones? For example, if I want to go to watch TV... I could overwrite the Away status and make it "Watching TV". Just for fun! I want to make my contacts known where I am or why I am not available without expecting them to tell me something in order to find it out through an auto-message.

Another interesting point about status, this taken from ICQ, is the possibility to make someone see a different status without having to block them (to make them believe you're offline).

So, let's say that tonight I just want to talk with someone in special. I want everybody to see that my status is "Busy", but I want to override such an status for that person (or several people) in particular, so thet will see me "online" and won't know that the rest of my contacts see me as "busy".

I know these two suggestions had already been made, but these are the most important things I would like to have in a future version of Messenger Plus!

.... plus.... the compatibility with MSN 6!!!

I would also give anything for a kiss from Neo.
05-30-2003 05:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
RE: Status
quote:
Originally posted by Persephone
I've read the previous 18 pages making suggestions and I've learned that I am not the only who misses customizable status, or simply, more status to choose among.

Impossible. Sorry.

(Well, it's possible, but your contacts won't see them.)

Kasthor - both have been suggested before already a few times, the second one quite recently, so keep your fingers crossed ;)

This post was edited on 05-30-2003 at 05:35 PM by billywoods1.
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

05-30-2003 05:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
overke

38 / Male / –
the ability to have a personalised away message when you're locking msn
05-30-2003 05:56 PM
Pages: (18): « First « 13 14 15 16 [ 17 ] 18 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version