What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 2.10.36a

Pages: (12): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
1 votes - 2 average   Messenger Plus! 2.10.36a
Author: Message:
crazihouse

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.10.36a
quote:
Originally posted by Shaggie
I have two points I want to make. (The 2nd may seem a little off topic at first, but you will get the point.)

#1.  It is important to note that people often do not say anything when they are happy, however they are very "vocal" when they are not.
       Considering that a small amount of people are complaining and that many are saying they are happy & support you (include me in the support),
       imagine how many satisfied/happy users there are out there that aren't saying anything.

#2.  I saw "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" on the Movie Network today, and hearing about these complainers makes me want to
       quote the fictious post they did on the internet and direct it at those ignorant, hateful individuals.
       "make them eat our 'explicative deleted' which is made up of our 'explicative deleted' that they 'explicative deleted' ..."

Last but not least I want to re-iterate that I completely understand your decision to include these ad programs, and think it is great that you have made them optional.

Just another Canadian here saying keep up the great work.  I appreciate it.  No wait, WE appreciate it

Shaggie

amen to that
YOU GO PATCHOU! (Y)
[Image: wdz.gif]
06-10-2003 01:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
zappy004

Char Jaune!

35 / Male / –
Wink  DON'T GIVE UP
Hey Patchou you're the best!!!

Non mais tu viens de Longueuil fak tu doit surement parler francais?!? lol

téka...

Just to say you to don't give up and continue your great job.

But... will you update your pic when we type /patchou ?
ahahaha

Come on you're the best, you know you can make a Plus! for MSN6... YOU HAVE TO!!!
YOURE MY GOD!!!

Bon bin chow
pis continue ta belle job
Jo
06-10-2003 01:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blurz89

I su*k every time :D:D

– / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! 2.10.36a
plsplspls, pls help 2 make the Plus! available for MSN Messenger 6!!! I need it very much!!! I am using MSN Messenger 6 now... My friends send it 2 me...

The MSN Messenger 6 is fun, but there would be more fun with Plus! Pls continue 2 develop it, dun give up! Juz ignore those who r ungrateful!!!

Thks!! :D:D
06-10-2003 12:15 PM
Turge

Huh?  RE: Messenger Plus! 2.10.36a
I'm not sure I understand why you don't remove the checkmark to install the sponsor by default. If people support the Plus, and they don't mind having their OS hijacked by one of the most offensive programs out there, they could always put the checkmark themselves and install it. (From what I understand, a lot of users who support Plus won't even attempt this!)

From what I have seen so far, the sponsor program is something that is OFFENSIVE. If I included a default option to "Format C: drive" in my install but explained what would happen if the user did not unselect it, I think I would have to take some sort of responsibility for any formatted HDs.

At first glance, your sponsor install screen looks like a regular agreement. Who here has never clicked NEXT NEXT NEXT FINISH to install a software without reading the license agreement?

I'm glad these users are voicing their discontent with the sponsor program, and the way it was implemented. It prevents users like me from being tricked to install something I don't want by taking advantage of the users' trust. Wasn't Kazaa guilty of this last year?

This post was edited on 06-11-2003 at 05:11 PM by Turge.
06-11-2003 04:59 PM
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Turge
I'm not sure I understand why you don't remove the checkmark to install the sponsor by default. If people support the Plus, and they don't mind having their OS hijacked by one of the most offensive programs out there, they could always put the checkmark themselves and install it. (From what I understand, a lot of users who support Plus won't even attempt this!)

Does he really need to?? There's a whole forum here explaining it to ten people a day. There's a huge licence agreement (which you skipped past because of what...?)

quote:
From what I have seen so far, the sponsor program is something that is OFFENSIVE. If I included a default option to "Format C: drive" in my install but explained what would happen if the user did not unselect it, I think I would have to take some sort of responsibility for any formatted HDs.

Tiny bit unfair? Patchou is not formatting your hard drive. He's not even giving you spyware (which, when you think about it, is pretty pathetic anyway). He's giving you the option to install ADWARE. It's harmless and you should've read the licence agreement.

quote:
At first glance, your sponsor install screen looks like a regular agreement. Who here has never clicked NEXT NEXT NEXT FINISH to install a software without reading the license agreement?

I don't read the stupid things anyway, but I do glance at them. Besides, why would Patchou (an individual developer, not in a company) want to license his (completely free) software?

quote:
I'm glad these users are voicing their discontent with the sponsor program, and the way it was implemented. It prevents users like me from being tricked to install something I don't want by taking advantage of the users' trust. Wasn't Kazaa guilty of this last year?

Now this is where the people who like to think they know about computers speak out.

Kazaa is rubbish. Kazaa is littered with spyware and trojans. But Kazaa is NOT TECHNICALLY ILLEGAL. It doesn't involve any files stored on some server somewhere. It's simply users swapping files. So it's the users that are doing illegal things. (Also, I'm inclined to mention, there is a spyware-free version which also has about ten other features at http://www.k-lite.tk.)

Plus is not rubbish. Plus has adware, which is optional. Plus is not illegal either, it doesn't involve any illegal action, and no other software can match it.

So why does it take advantage of the users' trust? What the hell is the point of coming on here and complaining? You're saying "I didn't read the licence agreement, it's your fault! I want this sorted out!" Once it's put that way, does it sound fair to you?
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

06-11-2003 05:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
quote:

Did you ever take a second to think that Patchou may need money just to give you the software.  He is PAYING for the FREE SOFTWARE you get, and your being ungreatful to him for that.  Now the software DOES NOT HiJack your computer.  Also, If you have problems with it, why dont you just pick up the entire bill for Plus!, Rather then patchou paying to give it to someone like you.

quote:

Why would patchou want to format your C:\ drive.  Why Would ANY Software want to?  The only software that could benifit from formatting your Drive would be Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, etc.)

quote:

Well...As it says, Its your fault if you accept the agreement and pass, You are 100% liable.  And most people Skim through agreements, taking chances that it may do something that they may miss, thats those users faults though.

quote:

The users that are voicing there discontent are the stupid users who dont understand, UNCHECKING THE AGREEMENT DOES NOT INSTALL THE SPONSOR.  I have a personal word from patchou, he said he must've checked it a dozen times, And if you cant trust patchou then how can you trust Plus!.  The difference with KaZaA and Plus! is that KaZaA included Spyware Packages, Plus! includes ADWARE.

In Closing:If your here to complain about the sponsor, you might as well just Shut up and go away.  Its optional!!!!
06-11-2003 06:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
phatboy88

Cool  RE: Messenger Plus! 2.10.36a
Howdy Yall :D

Hey Patchou I Know this Has got nothing to do with MSGPLUS which i have to say i love :D but u were saying about msn 6 now i got the Beta version of it ( i think thats the unofficial one) but if u have a different version or a better version than i have now can u send me the link.

And i wanna be on the list i don't wanna be the loner sittin on the tricycle down in the basement :'( .

Btw id love to see that msn 6 version of msg plus cause then i can talk a load of bulls*** to girls on the net :P ;) 

cheers.

Mina.
06-11-2003 08:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Turge

RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.10.36a
quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
quote:

quote:
Does he really need to?? There's a whole forum here explaining it to ten people a day. There's a huge licence agreement (which you skipped past because of what...?)

10 users out of 4,000,000. I would hardly think he doesn't need to.

Bottom line is this:

I am in the field of supporting users and their PCs. I support 1000 PCs at work, and about 20 outside of work. (friends and family). It is a fact that a large percentage of the population doesn't know what a sponsor program is. If it was said that the sponsor program was going to take over your browser and annoy the SH*T out of you, you wouldn't install it. There's a reason the checkmark to install the sponsor exists. It is there to get more people to install it. If it was removed, less people would have installed it. The right thing to do would be to leave the checkbox blank and explain what the sponsor program is. That way, users could then elect to install something which they UNDERSTOOD what it would do to their browser.

What do you think the odds are of any of our parents, for example, removing the checkmark? Honestly, I feel bad for the many users who have installed it and don't have anyone around to help them remove this.

How many users installed Kazaa 1-2 years ago and became part of a super-node? It wasn't right then, and it's not right now.

By the way, contrary to what you people think, the users who don't agree with the sponsor program and the way it was implemented are not STUPID. They are voicing an opinion. One which most of you have made clear is completely unwanted here.
06-11-2003 10:16 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 2.10.36a
quote:
10 users out of 4,000,000. I would hardly think he doesn't need to.
The setup explains it enough. It's not his fault if people don't read what they sign.
06-11-2003 10:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wildouin

Wink  RE: Messenger Plus! 2.10.36a
Hello Patchou,

I just want to thank you and congratulate you for the excellent freeware that you have compiled. Honestly you are an excellent person because it is very important to share your work with others! Once again I want to thank you and encourage you to keep up the excellent effort and work! Pay no attention to those as*holes, who don't appreciate the work of others!

I look forward in the plubishing of a newer version of Messanger Plus for MSN 6 !

WiLdOu|n^x !
06-13-2003 09:06 AM
Pages: (12): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 12 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: