What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » The rules...

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
The rules...
Author: Message:
D:Frag

Forum d:Fragment0r

– / Male / –
RE: SPAMMING RULES...
quote:
The one-emoticon messages, although sometimes pointless, seem to be useful at times, e.g. ':lol:' for your appreciation for a joke... and even the admins/mods do this.

"Short messages", such as 'Hi!' or "Hello." are practically all you can do in 'introduce yourself' or 'new member' threads...

Messages posted more than once, would you believe, I can argue too! My computer, and indubitably others too, sometimes post messages twice, or if I think my computer didn't recognise the click (which often happens) and really the status bar's just frozen, I wait a bit and click it again, and it posts twice. It has happened - not often, but it's happened.

Abbreviations? Misspelled words? Come on! Most of us (and you) can't spell anyway!

Doesn't it seem like these are the ones that get the most views? I'm not saying it's a bad rule, but still, it's pretty useless since they're the most often posted and viewed.

Such as those people merely asking 'what's so great about Messenger Plus'? There have been a few and it seems like my post is the only one not insulting them or assuming they're mad or something... and I have OCCASIONALLY noticed one or two of the admins/mods doing just that...

Large dimensions compared to what? I personally use 640x480 (yes, laugh, I don't care, my computer's stuck in it :P) and so some signatures take up nearly a whole screen (e.g. Muss's) and some avatars are just as bad, because a huge avatar means the whole left panel is that size.

(And in case you didn't realise... some are saying the rules are stupid, but some are just saying how they're never obeyed.)

Darn... those are good spamming suggestions, good work, Billy :D now, go to sit on t&t until you learn the rulez :P

[Image: style5,d-dp-Frag.png]
Respect to the man in the ice cream van!
06-26-2003 07:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: SPAMMING RULES...
quote:
Originally posted by D:Frag
quote:
The one-emoticon messages, although sometimes pointless, seem to be useful at times, e.g. ':lol:' for your appreciation for a joke... and even the admins/mods do this.

"Short messages", such as 'Hi!' or "Hello." are practically all you can do in 'introduce yourself' or 'new member' threads...

Messages posted more than once, would you believe, I can argue too! My computer, and indubitably others too, sometimes post messages twice, or if I think my computer didn't recognise the click (which often happens) and really the status bar's just frozen, I wait a bit and click it again, and it posts twice. It has happened - not often, but it's happened.

Abbreviations? Misspelled words? Come on! Most of us (and you) can't spell anyway!

Doesn't it seem like these are the ones that get the most views? I'm not saying it's a bad rule, but still, it's pretty useless since they're the most often posted and viewed.

Such as those people merely asking 'what's so great about Messenger Plus'? There have been a few and it seems like my post is the only one not insulting them or assuming they're mad or something... and I have OCCASIONALLY noticed one or two of the admins/mods doing just that...

Large dimensions compared to what? I personally use 640x480 (yes, laugh, I don't care, my computer's stuck in it :P) and so some signatures take up nearly a whole screen (e.g. Muss's) and some avatars are just as bad, because a huge avatar means the whole left panel is that size.

(And in case you didn't realise... some are saying the rules are stupid, but some are just saying how they're never obeyed.)

Darn... those are good spamming suggestions, good work, Billy :D now, go to sit on t&t until you learn the rulez :P

T&T :banana: wonder if DFRAG realised he was spamming making two posts in a row :rolleyes:
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
06-26-2003 08:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: The rules...
WDZ has written and put rules in effect to make the forums more organised and lessen the spam and un-necessary posts.

If you think the rules are stupid, then why are you here? if you cannot contend to the expectations of this community then you should leave or stop questioning the rules of this community. Oh and btw those rules that WDZ wrote, are general forum rules, they are the rules that excist in almost every forum.

Rules are EVERYWHERE, the law is/are rules and yet, i don't hear you complaining about them? Surely you think some of the rules are stupid? If so, why don't you complain about them? why? because you will get into trouble, whereas here, you think you will not, but considering you have successfully pissed off an admin, irritated a mod and roused some of the high posting members, you are not far away from trouble.

It pisses me off to see so many users revoking against this community, first the idiotic (smart-seeming) posts against the sponsor program, WHICH i must add, Patchou has FULL rights to do so if he chooses, to be honest he may even choose to stop producing Messenger Plus! and you wouldn't be able to do a THING about it.

Now this, a user complaining about the rules. Completely unacceptable and un-needed. The rules are well written and need little-to-no adjustment what so ever. If you think the picture dimension rule applies mainly to you, and your screen size would matter the most, think again. There was no need to go and argue about these rules, rules are made to FOLLOW, NOT BREAK. All you are being is an annoying user, whom will not be liked by many of the staff members if you continue making posts such as this one.

Regards,
EvilSeph
06-26-2003 02:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hova

In Limbo

40 / Male / –
He is allowed to post an opinion you know ;)
06-26-2003 03:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
yes indeed, but considering he just shunted almost all the rules, he is technically stating he doesn't want rules.
06-26-2003 03:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: The rules...
Don't you see what I mean yet?

D:Frag has already broken one of the rules...

Most of you have broken another one by making these 'derogatory' comments.

And D:Frag, I had (and have) no problem with the rules. They're just unclear ("not enforced as strictly in Testing and Trashing"), ignored (the two posts in a row one, as already demonstrated, thanks to you :gfdrin:) or plain stupid (no bad spelling). I have always (I think) adhered to the rules, even though I'd never read them until yesterday-ish.

And Muss: you just don't like me anyway. :rolleyes:

(By the way: thanks for the support, GFD :gfdrin:)

This post was edited on 06-26-2003 at 07:39 PM by billywoods1.
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

06-26-2003 07:37 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: The rules...
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
If you think the rules are stupid, then why are you here? if you cannot contend to the expectations of this community then you should leave or stop questioning the rules of this community.

You know, the rules really aren't that great. If someone thinks they can be improved, they're welcome to post suggestions.

I just wish someone would re-write the "unclear" points for me, because I don't know how to word them. :p
06-26-2003 08:16 PM
Hova

In Limbo

40 / Male / –
Some of the rules could be expanded more, to express the nature of them. and to point at them when someone goes against it. I think its a good start, but additions to it would do the forum a lot more justice :)
06-26-2003 10:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: