What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » MSN Proxy plugin

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MSN Proxy plugin
Author: Message:
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
O.P. Cool  MSN Proxy plugin
I'm thinking of making a plugin which integrates my MSN Proxy with Messenger Plus!.

What MSN Proxy does:
A proxy for MSN Messenger. This proxy has plugin support to enable you to make auto responders and/or interactive agents. Besides this you can select your initial status when signing in (online, away, etc...) and send pings each xx seconds for keep-alive.

An auto responder for MSN Proxy can parse anything that is received from a remote user and send a response in a chosen font/color.

No you probably start wondering: "What's the big difference between Plus's plugin features and MSN Proxy's plugin features?". Well, the most important one is that there are no special characters needed for message-parsing, it can parse any text that has been received. Another thing is that you can auto-respond without displaying a conversation dialog.

Let me give you an example:
I have built a plugin which can determine if I'm playing Unreal Tournament and, if yes, on which server I'm playing. This plugin is triggered when someone sends me a message beginning with the text '!wut'. It will then send a message back to that someone saying wether or not I'm playing, and on which server. As you see, the remote user doesn't have to install my plugin to query my UT status.

Let it be VERY CLEAR that I'm NOT trying to make people use my MSN Proxy in stead of Plus' plugin interface. It's merely an extra functionality.

To Patchou: If you're interested in integrating proxy functionality in Plus!, please let me know, I would be very happy to help you out.

You can download my MSN Proxy here to have a look at it's functionality. When you want to view the source you can go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/msnproxy from where you can see how to checkout the source from the CVS tree. I haven't documented the proxy source, but there is some documentation inside the file Plugin.h on how to create a plugin. To view some screenshots of the setup click here.

Comments/suggestions are more than welcome!!!

This post was edited on 07-06-2003 at 10:12 AM by mrhuge.
07-03-2003 08:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
opdude

Nev!!!

35 / Male / –
RE: MSN Proxy plugin
is there any way that you chnage this so that i can use it for when i am playing quake III arena
07-05-2003 10:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: MSN Proxy plugin
quote:
Originally posted by opdude
is there any way that you chnage this so that i can use it for when i am playing quake III arena

If there's a way to detect if, and on which server you're playing, then it's no problem :)
07-06-2003 10:11 AM
Verdugo

I guess it is small change to also let it work for Tactical Ops ?
Isn't it ?
I gues I miss you beautiful
07-06-2003 07:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Verdugo
I guess it is small change to also let it work for Tactical Ops ?
Isn't it ?

I guess so... :P I've never played TO, so dunno how it works, but I guess that if it's possible for UT, then it will also be possible for TO as it uses UT's engine...
07-06-2003 07:38 PM
kasperl

any change to use this for AA (americas army)?
07-06-2003 07:50 PM
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by kasperl
any change to use this for AA (americas army)?

Yeah, of course, it's originally made for Unreal Tournament :)
07-07-2003 06:35 AM
qt_4_lyfe

i downloaded this program called MSNproxy and didnt like it so i deleted it and now i cant get on msn with out it... how do i change it back to my original settings?
07-09-2003 09:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
glycerine

i would love to see the keep-alive in Plus!, the game thing would be better as a plugin.
07-10-2003 03:34 AM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
mrhuge: I have added a download of MSN Proxy on The MSN-Programs.co.uk Official Forum, if this is a problem in anyway, just inform me and I will remove it. Please register on the forum and provide support for your plugin, as I am not very experienced with it :)
07-17-2003 11:36 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: