What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » @msgplus.net Email Support

Pages: (21): « First « 10 11 12 13 [ 14 ] 15 16 17 18 » Last »
@msgplus.net Email Support
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: @msgplus.net Email Support
errrr... When using the blueshore SMTP server I get this error when I send an email to domain @yucom.be:
"An Error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1). Please check the message recipients and try again."

BTW: there nothing wrong with 'yucom.be'...

BTW: the server doesn't need autentification, so this means that anyone can use this SMTP server? Then it wouldn't live long I guess... There are anonymous SMTP-server sniffers used for spamming... Once a anonymous server is discovered it has a short life-span...

This post was edited on 11-02-2003 at 06:05 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-02-2003 06:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
BTW: the server doesn't need autentification, so this means that anyone can use this SMTP server? Then it wouldn't live long I guess... There are anonymous SMTP-server sniffers used for spamming... Once a anonymous server is discovered it has a short life-span...
I asked myselft that too. I tried to send an email without autentificating and I couldn't. I think that the fact that the server doesn't need autentification means that you have first to to "sign in" in the pop3 and then the smtp server works ok
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
11-02-2003 06:20 PM
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
Works great for me :D

Do what are the limits on file size send on the STmp does anyone know :D:)
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
11-02-2003 07:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: @msgplus.net Email Support
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
I asked myselft that too. I tried to send an email without autentificating and I couldn't. I think that the fact that the server doesn't need autentification means that you have first to to "sign in" in the pop3 and then the smtp server works ok

Don't think so, whenever you send an email, you don't have to have a POP3 server. And when you don't need to have one, you can't log in to one. Besides, it seems very unlogic to sign in into a POP3 account first before you can send with SMTP (two diff. protocols) That's the same reason why you could use the blueshore POP3 and the SMTP from your ISP....

BTW: and you could not send an email without autentification? I just thought you must disable autentification to send one with blueshore? I can't send an email when autentification is enabled....
Oh and it also seems that blueshore doesn't except certain recipient domains (which is an even stranger limitation)......

This post was edited on 11-02-2003 at 07:30 PM by CookieRevised.
11-02-2003 07:25 PM
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
my emails still tno wrking, ive sent an email 2 the address, nd it prob hasnt been added, but wat optins in outlook shud i change?
11-02-2003 07:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
BTW: and you could not send an email without autentification? I just thought you must disable autentification to send one with blueshore? I can't send an email when autentification is enabled....
nope. in outlook i made another account and put for smtp: smtp.blueshore.net and the others fields (pop3, user, etc...) I left them blanck or (it they are required) i put things like asdfsadf.
of course i have to disable smtp autentification to send mails :P
11-02-2003 07:46 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
my emails still tno wrking, ive sent an email 2 the address, nd it prob hasnt been added, but wat optins in outlook shud i change?

if u havn't recieved a reply (by PM or email, depending on how u sent the request), then u dont have an account. wait until u have gotten a respnce, and then u'll have ur details.
11-02-2003 07:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
nope. in outlook i made another account and put for smtp: smtp.blueshore.net and the others fields (pop3, user, etc...) I left them blanck or (it they are required) i put things like asdfsadf.
of course i have to disable smtp autentification to send mails :P

Aha, in Outlook, but outlook *beeps* big time and doesn't work like it suppose to... This proves that MS *beeps* things up when it comes to this. Question: Why would outlook check/login to a POP3 while the only thing you'll ask is to send a mail with SMTP??? In mozilla (hence any other client) I can do exactly as you discribe without a problem....

This post was edited on 11-02-2003 at 07:58 PM by CookieRevised.
11-02-2003 07:54 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
CookieRevised: I understand...
Well, the fact is that that should be fixed, shouldn't it? There should be autentification for smtp
11-02-2003 08:07 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
i'm up, but i dont use their SMTP.... so POP3 is working perfectly