What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Audiator v2.0 BETA

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Audiator v2.0 BETA
Author: Message:
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
RE: Audiator v2.0 BETA
I have spent the past week (well I finished it mid-weekend... ;)) creating an Audiator INI Generator website.
When I first thought about creating a soundpack I realised that creating the INI file for it would be the most labourious part of the process so instead I created a website so that anyone else who decided to make a soundpack could easily input the details into this page and receive an .ini file that can be used in the soundpack.

Unfortunately, due to Optimism_'s hosting troubles (etc.) I have hosted it on my webspace so the address isn't anything Audiator-related and the pages aren't integrated into Optimism_'s themes, either.
However the rest of the code works fine. All the problems are small and aesthetical.

Not only will this page create the ini file for you but it will also check if the sound indicies you plan to use are already being uesd by another sound pack, at a press of a button!
The message field in the form can also have the Messenger Plus! format tags easily entered into it. And, if you're running IE 6, will popup a standard colour-selector dialog box to allow you to choose a colour quickly and simply.

To access the site simply click this link [this is a brief redirect so that it points to the page, wherever it's hosted]

PS: Once you've created your soundpack be sure to send it to optimism (optimism_ [at] osnetwork.sytes.net) for use in the upcoming SoundPack Database!
12-02-2003 06:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
simbo

MoRiA - have managed to create a soundpack using your site, but when i've sent it to my mates they cannot install it, saying the ini file is either corrupt, or trying to install zero soundpacks.  is there a specific (and idiot-proof) way or sending an ini file?  does it need to be compressed for example - i sent through msn initially.

thanks for your help
03-08-2004 02:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
An INI file is just a plain text file with a specific format:
[GroupName]
Item1="Value 1"
Item2="Value 2"

Compressing the file etc should make no difference as long as it's decompressed at the other end.

I may need optimism_'s help in solving this particular problem, however if you can either post/PM/email me the INI file in question I can have a glance over it and see what the error is. It's quite possible that I've not sorted the INI file output correctly...
03-08-2004 04:02 PM
simbo

thanks for the offer - optimism has given me something to have a look at - will try that - i think inadvertently changed the format of the ini file - will let you know how i get on
03-08-2004 09:28 PM
simbo

thanks - sorted now - for future reference for anyone else who may encounter this problem, the error message was because i had altered the first line of the ini file.  swapping it back to [Header] and reinstalling the soundpack solved the problem.
03-08-2004 09:47 PM
MoRiA

Web2Messenger Creator

37 / Male / –
I would imagine that changing that first line would be fine as long as you don't actually change the content of the INI file. Thus you can place a comment (anything after a #) on that line but not anything in []s or anything NOT preceeded by a #..
03-08-2004 09:50 PM
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Audiator v2.0 BETA
hang on a tick... you changed the first line... what exactly were you trying to do..?
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
03-08-2004 10:10 PM
simbo

Nothing major - only trying to distinguish my sound pack from yours so my mates would be able to tell the difference if they were then going to forward it on - being a few sandwiches hort of a picnic, i didn't hink it through, and realise the importance of the [Header] entry
03-09-2004 10:07 AM
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Audiator v2.0 BETA
If you want to add comments to the file, since this is nothing more than a standard ini file format, just add a line starting with a # character to indicate a comment..
eg

code:
#This is my ini file, made by me
#it contains some sounds from my favourite tv shows
#etc
#blah
[Header]

etc
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
03-09-2004 06:02 PM
simbo