What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » TechTV

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
TechTV
Author: Message:
volkl

Haro

– / Male / –
RE: TechTV
whats trillian? :-/
Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.5.0324
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.63.0148

[Image: mininana.gif][Image: cownana.gif]
12-07-2003 08:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Trillian is a multinetwork chat client that currently supports mIRC, AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo Messenger. It supports docking, multiline edit boxes, buddy alerts, multiple connections to the same medium, a powerful skinning language, easy importing of your existing contacts, skinnable emoticons, logging, global away/invisible features, and a unified contact list. It has a direct connection for AIM, support for user profiles, complete type formatting, buddy icons, proxy support, emotisounds, encrypted instant messaging to ICQ and AIM, AIM group chats, and shell extensions for file transfers.
12-07-2003 08:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Trillian is a multinetwork chat client that currently supports mIRC, AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo Messenger. It supports docking, multiline edit boxes, buddy alerts, multiple connections to the same medium, a powerful skinning language, easy importing of your existing contacts, skinnable emoticons, logging, global away/invisible features, and a unified contact list. It has a direct connection for AIM, support for user profiles, complete type formatting, buddy icons, proxy support, emotisounds, encrypted instant messaging to ICQ and AIM, AIM group chats, and shell extensions for file transfers.
This translates to an IM client that pisses M$ off, is not as good as the combination of MSN and Plus, and costs about $25 per year, and you get maybe 1 update. :undecided:
12-07-2003 08:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
just to tell you all, i sent out a message to Cat Shwartz and Sarah Lane of TechTV fame asking them to consider Plus! as a free file/Download of the day heres the basic body of the message i sent to Cat (the one to sarah wan't much different, just changed a little)
quote:
Cat-- first off, I love the show, and read your blog regularly. its really interesting. keep up the good work. but i have a suygestion for a free file that adds alot of functionality to the MSM Messenger Client. an earlier version was featured on call for help maybe a year ago, when Chris was still the host, but was away at comdex (last aired 11/18, which i assume is 2002). the link to the old story: http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/freefile/story/...30,3407633,00.html but it has come  A LONG way since then, and has turned into a highquality product. i now has the ability to add colors to an IM, and has Boos Protection, Instant Lock, Personalized Status, quicktext, a quickicons panel that lets the user have as many Custom emoticons listed as they would like, sound comands that play a sound on both ends of the chat, quick recall a la IRC, custom Naming of contacts, and so many more features that i dont have time to mention in this email. i think it would make a great Free File of the day. it does have an optional sponsor program (you have to explicitly tell it to install the sponsor), which is a VERY watered down version of LOP.com. the sponsor can be uninstalled by simply uninstalling Plus!, and then Plus! can be reinstalled without the sponsor. it also has a very good support forum at http://shoutbox.menthix.net (i'm a member). the offiecial site of Plus is http://www.msgplus.net, and the author (Patchou) can be contacted at mplus@patchou.com. i'm also gonna send this to Sarah, so you two can fight over which show it'll be on :-p

hope you like the program. from all of us in the messenger Plus! community, we hope you like the program

lets see what happens!!
12-07-2003 10:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
hope it works :)

RB off to email some mags :)
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
12-07-2003 10:32 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by reisyboy
hope it works :)

RB off to email some mags :)
we should have a section in msgplus.net like mess.be (used to) had with pictures from magazines where msgplus appears, links to rare download sites (localized ones, for examples), reviews, etc. What u think? Something like an Reviews & Awards page. Hopefully, techtv could be there too :P
12-07-2003 10:45 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
ya. i mean, i sent it to two shows and told the girls to fight it out (i wish i could see THAT cat fight[no pun intended]). it shud be on at least one of them!!!
12-07-2003 10:47 PM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
we should have a section in msgplus.net like mess.be (used to) had with pictures from magazines where msgplus appears, links to rare download sites (localized ones, for examples), reviews, etc. What u think? Something like an Reviews & Awards page. Hopefully, techtv could be there too :P
I think this would be a good idea. What we need to be sure of, is that Plus gets around enough so you will have some good awards to add to that page! For anyone using Messegner, it should not be too hard to convince them :)

I have dropped a line to PCPro in the UK, which is the biggest mag we have here. Fingers crossed that the man in charge of this stuff (Davey Winder for those interested) likes what he sees :gfdrin:
12-07-2003 11:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ecko_complex

Stop reading my info

O.P. RE: TechTV
Hmmm, make sure you tell us as soon as she replies bach_m :).

Hopefully we can start a whole chain of press attention on Messenger Plus :). Ill e-mail the magazine over here tonight.
This isn't a signature.
12-08-2003 09:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Woudl eb very nice are u up2 making it though GFD:P
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
12-08-2003 09:25 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: