What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » EmoInstaller has been Created!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
EmoInstaller has been Created!
Author: Message:
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
RE: EmoInstaller has been Created!
:undecided: dude, if you dont like it, dont install it, its simple
12-25-2003 10:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

38 / Male / –
I just think is fair, for other people to know that this is not a clean software.
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
12-26-2003 12:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mat128

That's where I got nCASE!!!!!!! Using an installer for emoticons pack... Seriously I don't care if they take personal informations on me but HELL DON'T RUN A 20megabytes PROCESS TO DO THAT!!!!

:@

Mat
12-26-2003 02:18 AM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
well, read the disclaimer before you mindlessly click next time, its your fault, not theirs, they need money, they slave away making fucking things to make OUR lives easier, and they get fuck all for it. a simple advert every couple of days is fuck all! so fucking what if they show ads due to sites u comonly visit, these packs are completely free, it saves you adding them one by one, or paying money for some fucking emotes, IMHO i'd rather have ncase than add them myself or pay for them.
12-26-2003 02:42 AM
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

38 / Male / –
If that's the point, they shouldn't try to hide in the license n-Case, I know they need money, but hiding things is not the
quote:
Originally posted by Kao
fucking

WAY!

And mat128 using adware, you can "disable" n-Case. I said disable because the you should make some steps manually after.

This post was edited on 12-26-2003 at 03:27 AM by leito.
12-26-2003 03:25 AM
king_of_cool_kids

Im a Cat fan.

– / Male / –
yip. It contains spyware. I dialed up and it lead me to some site about education. Yikes.
See this thread please:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?action=lastpost&tid=29609

I am running:
Windows XP Pro
MSN messenger: 6.2.0137
MsgPlus!: 3.01.94
12-26-2003 03:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
lmfao, hiding? its blatently in the liscense agreement, and legally, you agreed to it, you installed it, if you didnt read what your agreeing to, thats too bad, what a shame, eh? poor you. Now, either dont click next so mindlessly, or carry on and install shit you dont want. the decision is yours my friend, all yours.

yes, they have a right to know, and they have that right, its in the installation but wait, you didnt read that, did you?

i rest my case.

EDIT: Quoted as "Lawyer Style" by a friend :chrongue:

This post was edited on 12-26-2003 at 04:10 AM by kao.
12-26-2003 03:48 AM
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

38 / Male / –
Two things, I read the license, and installed the program just to post all this things I  have post, and do you thing this long license agreements aren't used to "hide" information. If they want everyone to know they would put it like Patchou!, But they don't that's a shame. If you like that, cool "the decision is yours".

Edit:
If we keep posting about this, is just SPAM. You like it, I don't, we won't change minds here. I just want to alert some guys that hate this spyware and adware.

Edit 2 (In response to Kao's post located down):
I won't keep posting about this thing (I dont't want to increment my number of posts, spaming.), I never said i knew everything about this program, but nevermind. And I use Patchou as an example because he makes free stuff also, but in a good way. And since this is a Forum of his program Plus, its a good example everyone knows about.

This post was edited on 12-26-2003 at 05:10 AM by leito.
12-26-2003 04:15 AM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
one thing, i dont mean to diss Patchou here, but why do you compare everything to Plus! and all authors to him? yeah, he made it optional, and good for him, it was a very good decision, not all authors have the choice though. n-Case is not spyware, its adware, all it does is show an advert which has some relativeness to websites you visit, yes, its classed as "spyware" because it sends them info on sites its users visit, but tbh, its not, all it does is show an advert once in a blue moon. whats wrong with that for a full installation of over 30 emotes easily and most of all, free. i had it installed for like 2 weeks now, and i see an advert once a day, sometimes not even that in fact. and another thing, the liscense agreement is so long because its giving you full information on the product, people like you cant decide, its either too much info, making it awkward to find out weather it installs adware, or its too short, and doesnt even tell you!

yes, infact, this is spam, and it can be split/moved all it wants, im simply telling you facts about the software your claiming to know everything about.

This post was edited on 12-26-2003 at 04:24 AM by kao.
12-26-2003 04:23 AM
Dice

DiCe

O.P. RE: EmoInstaller has been Created!
Honestly..you guys are making toom uch of this...who cares...I dont see nothing. If you dotn wanna download then dont. No ones forcing you,
12-26-2003 04:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: