What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion: sex!

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Suggestion: sex!
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion: sex!
a plugin can't do that. that can only be done by Plus! itself :)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
01-06-2004 05:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
I mean a MSN Messenger Plugin...like Plus! Maybe if Will makes it Messenger Freedom!
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-06-2004 06:23 PM
lylesback2
Veteran Member

[lylesback2]

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: Suggestion: sex!
quote:
Originally posted by ranicx
quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
1 word: privacy...

its in ppls profiles anyway :undecided: im guessing that what ever program that did this would get the info from the msn profile, so if ya dont want ppl to know, just dont have anything in there for that 1.. 8-)  anyway, hows that a privacy consern, like i walk down the street and ya can see if there male of female, its not like sumthing ya want hidden from anyone :undecided:

umm... then check there profile or ask them... but when msgplus finds it out... i think it's a bad idea... its like a step up for perverts lol
<skanky>lylesback2</lanky>
3 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes, 56 seconds till the end of the world

01-06-2004 06:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ind3nt

i dont understand why youd need that ... if the person is on your contact list why would you need it to tell you their gender.. dont you kno if they're a guy or a girl already? and just check their profile if you REALLY want to kno
01-07-2004 05:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
lylesback2, _indent, you're missing the point I think....

The purpose is to make 2 buttons in the "Contact Information" panel:
[ ] male
[ ] female

The information is added by YOU ONLY, not by Plus! or any other means... So this hasn't anything to do with privacy. It is just an addition to the "personal notes". YOU have to find out (by asking or whatever) if the contact is male or female, then you can tick the right box.

The purpose of this could be to quickly view if someone is male or female. For example, I have many people in my contactlist which I only know by nick. To be honest, I don't know the gender of some (and I don't have to know it). But once asked, I could remind myself with this. This can also be done with the "Personal Notes" but =>

Plus! can also use this information (the ticked boxes) to determine the contact's gender and can use it to alter the display of some MSN Messenger messenges like "Jennifer may not reply because his or her status is set to away" to "Jennifer may not reply because her status is set to away"...

This post was edited on 01-07-2004 at 06:44 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-07-2004 06:01 AM
slipstream3d

O.P. RE: Suggestion: sex!
Yes, that's exactly what I mean, CookieRevised!

Now, as for the profile stuff that's been mentioned, it would be interesting if the local, personal contact information could have the option of being automatically set by the contact's profile, but it shouldn't depend on it because I have many contacts that do not have profiles at all.
01-07-2004 05:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by slipstream3d
Now, as for the profile stuff that's been mentioned, it would be interesting if the local, personal contact information could have the option of being automatically set by the contact's profile, but it shouldn't depend on it because I have many contacts that do not have profiles at all.
Well, that's going on thin ice in privacy land :D Because then Plus! uses an external source to gather its information. Although the information is public, I can see some people having a problem with this. Anyways, I don't know if it is possible at all to get that info out off the profiles like that....

This post was edited on 01-07-2004 at 08:00 PM by CookieRevised.
01-07-2004 07:49 PM
lylesback2
Veteran Member

[lylesback2]

38 / Male / –
i still think it's a waste of time... and pedafiles can click female and really be a 40 year old guy.  I think it's better not to add this.
<skanky>lylesback2</lanky>
3 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes, 56 seconds till the end of the world

01-07-2004 10:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
i still think it's a waste of time... and pedafiles can click female and really be a 40 year old guy.  I think it's better not to add this.
I think you're still missing the point of this...^o) Try to reread the thread a couple of times... :S

This post was edited on 01-07-2004 at 10:44 PM by CookieRevised.
01-07-2004 10:37 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
This request has nothing to do with privacy..it's all a matter of preference. If you are against this, then you HAVE to be against custom names and contact notes, as it is basically the same thing.

You're contacts will not see what you have labeled them as, and if they don't like it? too bad. You have a right to go around labeling things you own, whatever you want. No one can stop you. But once you invade their privacy, a whole new story begins.

In conclusion, this has nothing what-so-ever to do with privacy. But I do recommend that, if this feature IS implemented, it be allowed that only your contact may set their gender. As well it may lead to certain contraversial debates and discussions -- even though most things do anyway.
01-07-2004 10:54 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: