What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » MineSwee++ 3: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer

Pages: (14): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
MineSwee++ 3: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer
Author: Message:
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225
:O

Oh yeah, currently it's "Click OK will create a new game"
Two verbs, I see:P

Thanks
01-11-2004 01:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225
The first one is telling you what clicking ok will do... the second one is instructing you to do so, but atm the msgbox is "Click OK will create a new game" which means nothing :P
01-11-2004 02:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225
I just noticed a strange piece of logic in [o] which may sacrifice a lot of his chances:

[Image: randimage.php?id=175]
In that screenshot [o] was the last to move, and I had opened up that corner square bordered in red.  Surely that square to the south-west of where I went would have a much greater chance of being a mine than where [o] went, because it would satisfy 4 of the 9 effective statements made by the 4 already-revealed squares (each one being "there is a mine next to me".  Instead [o] always tries to open a square which has as few opened squares touching it as possible, as in the screenshot.  Now unless there is a huge gaping gap somewhere else on the field, it is less likely that each of these 4 squares have mines adjacent to them that aren't shared by other squares, because it means there are more mines.

I'm too tired to figure out the exact math that needs to go in, but to successfully account for the combined probability of each of these squares, the entire situation would have to be supposed.  For each entire theoretical situation in which all the shown squares are satisfied, the number of squares without mines must be compared to the number of squares with mines, and then compared to the average number squares to every one mine, which is 256/51 = 5.0196078431372549019607843137255 .  I think that the probability of each combination of mines and non-mines would then be given a deviation from that 5.01... and the standard deviation worked out, then each deviation translated into a standardised score, which is the comparitive value of each combination, and then for each combination the standardised score being applied to each square involved in it, and for each square its probability in relation to an adjacent square such as a "2" being multiplied by the standardised score.  If all this hasn't already completely confused me, the average standardised score * probability across all the combinations would be found for each square which would result in a true probability.

Hope that's at least vaguely understandable... incidentally neither the square I thought was more likely nor the one [o] thought was more likely was a mine :P though as a general rule it is.
01-11-2004 03:59 PM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.225
You get the point...currently [o] calculates as the cases are HALF (note I say half, because it's coded as half)-independent events. Hmm...

I will have to study Probability in the next semester (it'll be in the official lessons), by then you will have a smarter [o] :rolleyes:

Say no if you don't understand me:P

Oh btw, has there anyone opened the easter egg yet..:(

This post was edited on 01-12-2004 at 06:40 AM by Mnjul.
01-12-2004 06:39 AM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Nice thingy!

(just needs some better design ;)) but very good

[edit] It doesn't have the bomb feature :refuck:

This post was edited on 01-12-2004 at 06:47 AM by Guido.
01-12-2004 06:45 AM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
just needs some better design
Guido has all the rights to say that, but it's harsh :dodgy: :tongue: :cough: I did the designs by my self :cough:

As for the bomb, [o] is not smart enough for you to have a bomb :refuck: And when bomb is added, [o] should be able to use it too...
01-12-2004 06:57 AM
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
Heh that could be some seriously interesting probability work figuring out when it's best to use the bomb :P
01-12-2004 07:53 AM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228
Even I myself don't know when is the best time to use the bomb...when I have no thoughts, it becomes harder to code it for [o]. :)
01-12-2004 04:08 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228
where can i get 'minesweeper;
01-12-2004 06:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.0.228
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
where can i get 'minesweeper;
The one with MSN Messenger 6?
Open a conversation window, click Launch Site and select MineSweeper Flags
01-12-2004 06:20 PM
Pages: (14): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend