What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » .net support??

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
.net support??
Author: Message:
BWDuo

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: .net support??
well 20 MB THATS NOTHING!!. 20MB gives you ALL the stuff. I am happy VS uses a .net framework cuz i prefer one 20MB pacage above 200 1Mb-Applications. .net IS the future. If Micro$oft sais it will be it will use it$ minopolic po$ition to enforce it. I wouldnt be suprised if the .net frameworks are included in windows. cuz they will, eventially be made with and for the .net framework. Even more conserning is the fact that .net isnt a simple runtime library. But a assembly. This will also mean micro$oft can enforce people to buy certain Processors which use that kind of assembly as their standard, (so effectifly removing the Just in Time-stuff). I don't think they'll strike now or if they'll do it in the near future, but the smell for power is too big for Micro$oft.

Concluding: .net should be at least posible with M$N-Me$$enger

This post was edited on 01-30-2004 at 05:32 PM by BWDuo.
01-30-2004 05:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: .net support??
quote:
Originally posted by BWDuo
certain Processors which use that kind of assembly as their standard,
no no :P Processors have thier assembly code and mothing more. No processor will include the .net.
quote:
.net isnt a simple runtime library. But a assembly.
.NET is the same as Java but done by M$.
quote:
.net IS the future
well, I won't say no, but if it's the future it isn't due to its goodness, but to the money of M$.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
01-30-2004 07:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BWDuo

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
no no  Processors have thier assembly code and mothing more. No processor will include the .net.

That s a matter of opinion. MSIL can be used as a assembly for a processor especially now when the bytes go up (16->32->64)
And there is no processor with MSIL yet or any plans of that I know. but MSIL remains a assembly and it is clear too slow with the JITD. And it is the only framework M$ is working on on this scale as far as I know.

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
.NET is the same as Java but done by M$.
... JITD concept was indeed made by Java. But why tell?
if you meant dotnet isnt a assemnly: That depends on your position of view; The M$IL-solutions are called dotnet and the libraries used to JITC these assemblies are those of the dotnetframework. The difference between dotnet and VB6 is that VB6 uses runtimes which are more like libraries of code. They Include a treeview as does the dotnetframework for instance. But they do NOT include a Just in time COM compiler :P. dotnet is a new assembly VB6 is a old one COM.

I have got  the feeling this is going of topic. :P

This post was edited on 01-30-2004 at 08:19 PM by BWDuo.
01-30-2004 08:10 PM
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
I may very well be missing the point, but isnt the key fact here that any plugin, to be usable by messenger plus! hs to export certain functions (and if it shares the same properties as VB, have a registry key defined to help messenger plus! find the exports)

I am aware of the existance of at least one c# plugin api loading around the net, so it you want to use c#, google it, im sure ull find it. VB and c/c++ we already have plugins for

There are several Delphi coders on the forums, and there is at least one plugin framework on this board, and short of that it should be possible to make a plugin in practically any other suitable language.

If a language can make dlls and thereby export the proper functions to messenger plus!, theres no reason u cant make a Plus! plugin in it.

But as i said, im probably missing the point of this discussion as i code in c/c++ :P
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
01-30-2004 09:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BWDuo

– / Male / –
Well you are missing the point:

Messenger plus uses API and C# uses .net only.
There must be a sort of API-Compliant stuff. but since the API must load the dotnet assembly and not reversed the API must be able to read dotnet (In other words the .net framework must be suported). And If i google I'll find stuff. But if msgplus doesnt have that stuff, its not worth looking for. The big problem is that I cant downgrade to VB6 or VC++6, cuz I program object orientated and not linear/modulair (whatever the oposite is called), which is extremely slow and barely supported in CS6.

(LP: Best: In the End / With You / Numb )

This post was edited on 01-30-2004 at 10:31 PM by BWDuo.
01-30-2004 10:29 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'm sorry I don't have time to read all the posts in this thread, however, Messenger Plus! totally accepts C# plugins... just use the COM Interop to produce COM entries in the registry, register your plugin in Plus! as if it was a VB one, et voilā!
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-31-2004 08:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Oh... and btw.. .NET rules and Java is /$%(*/$%*("/$(*)/&"$()*&"*(&CRAP/$%/$%*&/$%*&BS/$%/$%/$. If you have a higher opinion of this language, that's because you never tried developing any tool with it :p.
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-31-2004 08:17 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BWDuo

– / Male / –
Finally!

Thanks that was what I wanted to know!

But Jave does control all the satalites. and you see what happened with some Mars landers :)
01-31-2004 09:11 AM
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
8-) i do believe i made it clear u could develop plugins in c#.. some ppl never listen/read
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
01-31-2004 11:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BWDuo

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: .net support??
quote:
Originally posted by optimism_
8-) i do believe i made it clear u could develop plugins in c#.. some ppl never listen/read

Well that you said it can be done. Doesnt tell me how it can be done. BTW com-interop-classes SUCK.
01-31-2004 11:36 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: