What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » .net support??

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
.net support??
Author: Message:
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
RE: .net support??
Go google it and find the framework im thinking of and read it and see if that helps you then
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
01-31-2004 11:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
SilenceTi

39 / Male / –
.NET Managed Plugins (and Source)
02-01-2004 03:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
InsertBrainHere

I just wrote a .net version of the vb plugin, it works like the other code, but mine should have support for the notifacation dialogs, but im still testing it.
02-01-2004 03:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
InsertBrainHere

Regarding the notifcation support, just tested it and it works perfectly.

I will post a link or download as soon as i prepare it for release.
02-01-2004 04:19 PM
InsertBrainHere

Ok, the file is attached, it's a rar with two rar files in it, they are:

1.MessengerPlus.Plugin.VB.rar - Plugin Base
2.MyMessengerPlugin.rar - Sample Plugin

The plugin only does 3 things, 3 random quotes, shows a message box, and show a notifcation box that links to http://www.neowin.net

The plugin base was made under Visual Studio .NET 2003 and XP SP1

the commands that were in the MPPlusDefs file are now referenced as a variable called PlusUtilities

the COM stuff in the plugin are to over come a problem that surfaces when using com and inheritance, the compiled file picks up the Class ID on it's base, so those variables and atribute are so messenger plus can read more than one plugin of this type.

Please, if you use this file to build your own plugins, reference me. (my real nick is The_Decryptor, this forum wont let me register it)

Note: This was only done in about 1 hour, so if there are bugs, ill try to fix them

.rar File Attachment: MyMessengerPlugin.rar (23.82 KB)
This file has been downloaded 225 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-01-2004 at 04:57 PM by InsertBrainHere.
02-01-2004 04:49 PM
InsertBrainHere

There is one bug, i think if you dont put the plugin base in the gac, it  wont appear in Visual Studio if the file is updated.

This post was edited on 02-01-2004 at 04:56 PM by InsertBrainHere.
02-01-2004 04:55 PM
bws

Hehe,

I totaly agree with BW_DUO, c# is the future.. but c++ and managed c++ is the current..

It is easy to just write a little wrapper in managed c++ which will load a .net dll which is its own name .net

So the same assembly renamed to wee.dll will load wee.net.dll, and renamed to rrr.dll it will load rrr.net.dll..

That is the easiest way for n00bs to do it.. or just make the whole plugin in managed c++ (AND before n00bs get complaining!! NEVER USE MANAGED CODE IN THE DLL OFFSET FUNCTION (dllmain) (m$ bug ;)))

Ow and i think plugins should be revised

There can be a lot of enhancements:

• Dont use the stupid ->nBlah = 5 and then ->aBlah[1] = 3.. as used for example exporting the info about the commands of plugins.. But make a simple add function which takes care of that (and use a vector) so that you only have to use ->add(3, "blag", "gfgg");
  • Make it possible to put multiple plugins in one dll: In other words.. Let a module be a class which implements IMPPlugin class (which has all the virtual functions which have to be overwritten). And let there be only one function in the dll that has to be exported (except dllmain), that is getplugins(/*[out]*/ cPluginCollect PluginCollection); , where you just add plugins by using PluginCollection->Add(new SomePlugin);.. It makes things so much more easier (And the patchou doesnt need to keep all the dll`s loaded in the memory ;))
  • And a lot more, but i`m lazy, and people tend to just avoid the main issue by attacking 'a' little flaw in my concepts :P
02-02-2004 12:34 AM
InsertBrainHere

I know in my plugin stuff, you can have multiple plugins in one dll, but it's all com, not exports
02-02-2004 04:35 PM
bws

Read carefully ;) I use a BASE class IMODULE and a EXPORTED function which returns an array of IMODULE derived instances of plugin classes.. READ BEFORE YOU WRITE
02-02-2004 05:20 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: