What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » IMSecrue + messener Plus! = C++ runtime error

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
IMSecrue + messener Plus! = C++ runtime error
Author: Message:
WikingTOR

O.P. IMSecrue + messener Plus! = C++ runtime error
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/pro.../sku_list_imsp.jsp

Secure messenger and messenger plus aint friends..

when IM secure is installed it makes messenger gets rc++ runtime error and crashes...

is this a kown bug?
02-20-2004 10:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: IMSecrue + messener Plus! = C++ runtime error
Can you post a screen shot of the bug or detail it a bit more?
quote:
Originally posted by WikingTOR
when IM secure is installed it makes messenger gets rc++ runtime error and crashes...
Messenger crashes or Messenger Plus? and does that happen it Plus isn't installed? and when does it crash? just installed, when you sign in, when you talk...? Tell us the more information you can.
quote:
Originally posted by WikingTOR
is this a kown bug?
I've never heard about it. However. It can be Plus' fault however I see it unlikely.

Have you reported it to Zone Labs too?
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
02-21-2004 02:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
My opinion about IMsecure.

IMSecure being a new software, it's the one who should ensure compatibility with Plus! as Plus! is known to be reliable (if it wasn't, you would see a lot of posts about it). However, I thought it would still be a good idea to install IMSecure and check what was going on. So, I installed the free client available from ZoneLab's web site, it asked me to restart, I did and my Windows didn't restarted. It froze right after login. Even worse: Windows didn't even boot in safe mode!!! I've spent the last 30 minutes tracking down all the changes manually from a command prompt and after several attemps, Windows started back. To make everything complete, my network was not working anymore, I had to reconfigure my network cards myself and restart again. So, if I can give only one advise: don't install this product, the risks are just too big.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-21-2004 05:36 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
WikingTOR

O.P. RE: IMSecrue + messener Plus! = C++ runtime error
oops that did not sound good at all.

i have currently uninstalled Plus and now IM secure works perfectly.

it just made messenger crash with that C++ runtime error.

Seeing that the creator of Plus have had such trouble with IM secure i doubt he will touch it again.

damn,, not even able to boot into safe modus,,, thats very strange..

but i am using the latest version of everything.

if anyone have guts to try this thing, plz report here.

but remeber booting might take a while if you are unlucky.

02-21-2004 06:42 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, I tried to install the software again, in a virtual station, and it worked. However, everything seems to work fine. Are you using the free version or the Pro version? (I'm using the free one).
02-21-2004 09:00 PM
WikingTOR

i am using free one too. however it did not crash immidiatly could take several hours or it could crash right after reboot.

maybe it will work if i install plus again.

how long time did u run it int the WM?
02-21-2004 11:07 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Just 5 minutes :). I thought it was an instantaneous bug. I definitively suggest you to contact ZoneAlaram about the problem, you can give them my email (mplus@patchou.com) and tell them I'm willing to help.

Thanks,
Patchou
02-21-2004 11:16 PM
WikingTOR

ok ive contacted Zonelabs now,, lets hope they responds. please keep me informed if they do contact you.

Thank you for contacting Zone Labs Technical Support.

Your request has been received, and will be processed according to the following schedule:

Priority One : Licensed (paid) users of ZoneAlarm Plus, ZoneAlarm Pro, or IMsecure Pro receive the highest priority in our support queue. Trial users of Zone Alarm Pro receive the same level of service during their 30-day free trial period. You should receive a reply via email within 3-4 working days. (Please only submit one request; as duplicate requests will slow our ability to serve all our customers.)
02-21-2004 11:52 PM
WikingTOR

i got this for a reply, not sure if this means they will even read my letter or not?! :s

Dear valued ZoneAlarm or IMsecure User,

Zone Labs provides technical support for all our products via our support website:

http://www.zonelabs.com/support/

The support website includes our new Instant Support system - this is the quickest way to get most of your questions answered, often in seconds. The site also provides, for each Product, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), help files, and User Manuals. We also provide the ZoneAlarm User Community, where users of all our products help each other. You can access this Community at:

http://www.zonelabs.com/community/

It is likely that your question or issue has already been asked there, so we suggest trying the Search function first (please use the search box at the bottom of each Community page).

Current, registered users of ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm Plus, and IMsecure Pro are also eligible for technical support by email, a support feature not available to users of our free products.

If you are a licensed user of ZoneAlarm Pro/Plus, or IMsecure Pro with a currently valid license, please return to the Technical Support form, select the proper Product, and include either a valid license key or purchase order number:

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/form.jsp

Users of our free Products can upgrade to our Pro or Plus versions, and are then eligible for technical support via email.

** NOTE - There is no technical support offered by phone at this time; however, we are investigating possible ways to provide telephone support.

Best Regards,

Zone Labs Customer Care Team
02-22-2004 12:08 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
You're right, I doubt they will read it.. I guess your best shot would be to post your email on their forum.

Thanks,
Patchou
02-22-2004 12:45 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: