What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Handwriting Enabler

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
Handwriting Enabler
Author: Message:
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
RE: Handwriting Enabler
the mess.be one has the Ink stuff in it. its 2.5Mb
03-02-2004 01:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Gary

Web Developer & Designer

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Handwriting Enabler
quote:
Originally posted by V@no
so, what exactly is "Tablet PC" ? is it type of PC or type of hardware that anyone could connect to a PC? can we just install a software/driver that would let us use "Convert" feature?

Google for Tablet PC, it's like a laptop/palm pilot in the fact that it only has a big monitor where you can use a stylus to move things, click things etc.
// Gary
03-02-2004 01:03 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Islander

48 / Male / Flag
Hello, I have a question/suggestion, but I don't know if any of the developers of this plugin is here, anyway...

I really like the plugin, never thought something like that is possible. Still, I just a few minutes ago opened a window with a friend who was on an old computer at work, I don't know exactly but I assume it's something like Win98 and Windows Messenger 4.
So when I opened the windows I got a message that said

"xxx wurde der Unterhaltung hinzugefügt. Handschrift wird nicht länger unterstützt, da nicht alle Teilnehmer handgeschriebene Nachrichten sehen können. Senden Sie ab jetzt alle Nachrichten in Textformat."

which is something like "The user you talk to can't receive the handwriting messages". Fine until there.
The ugly thing came when I tried to press the handwriting button, it didn't activate, but instead the button for text converting. And soon after, my friend asked me what the hell I just typed. This is what he got:

"Islander hat Ihnen eine handgeschriebene Nachricht gesendet, aber Sie können diese mit Ihrer Version des Messenger nicht lesen.

Wenn Sie handgeschriebene Nachrichten lesen können oder andere neue Funktionen, wie das Austauschen von Hintergründen und Anzeigebildern nutzen möchten, laden Sie die neuste Version"

You don't understand it? Well, nor does he, because he doesn't speak german.

So here is the request... is it possible to deactivate this kind of messages? It's rather odd to send any "internal output" to another user than the one using the plugin. And I am sure this is not a unique case.

03-02-2004 04:04 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
That messages is NOT internal output, it is very logic and is meant for the contact...

You got a message saying: "use TEXTFORMAT", and yet you insisted in pressing "convert". So MSN Messenger warned your contact that he needs to install "Ink" if he wants to receive your messages.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-02-2004 08:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
is it possible to implement this into MSN Handwriting plug-in?

[Image: attachment.php?tid=21965&pid=208238]
03-02-2004 10:56 PM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Handwriting Enabler
No , I dont beleive so :). But if you will look on mess.be , recently choli created a tool (idea from mnjul) to change the color like that :)
03-02-2004 11:33 PM
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by NoName
No , I dont beleive so :). But if you will look on mess.be , recently choli created a tool (idea from mnjul) to change the color like that :)
Its very possible :P  infact it was/is being looked into..
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
03-03-2004 12:32 AM
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
Is the only way to get the Ink Redistributable through infopen.  What I'm asking is...is there anyway I could get it without having to wait out an 18 MB download.  Or is that even how you get it.  I've been confused about this for the last hour or so.
03-03-2004 01:29 AM
chris
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
Is the only way to get the Ink Redistributable through infopen.  What I'm asking is...is there anyway I could get it without having to wait out an 18 MB download.  Or is that even how you get it.  I've been confused about this for the last hour or so.
just download the 2.5Mb downlaod off mess.be it has everything u need as long as you got XP
03-03-2004 01:34 AM
Islander

48 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Handwriting Enabler
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That messages is NOT internal output, it is very logic and is meant for the contact...

You got a message saying: "use TEXTFORMAT", and yet you insisted in pressing "convert". So MSN Messenger warned your contact that he needs to install "Ink" if he wants to receive your messages.

I pressed the button, but I didn't write/send anything at all, so it does not make much sense. The actual way would be like myself pressing the button for remote assistance on my computer and all my online contacts getting a message saying that they need XP in order to make it work with my connection. They have nothing to do with any button I press, as long as I don't actually send something.

And the plugin assumes everyone on my contact list speaks the same language...

Sorry, I still don't see that function is correctly implemented *-)

This post was edited on 03-03-2004 at 12:12 PM by Islander.
03-03-2004 12:07 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: