What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Req: Notification events sent to MSN mobile

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Req: Notification events sent to MSN mobile
Author: Message:
Mykel

– / Male / –
O.P. Req: Notification events sent to MSN mobile
Heya

I want to request that the new MSG Plus!3 will support sending notifications to your own registered MSN mobile when certain events happen, like certain people log in or out.

Kind of like it is in the current version of MSG Plus!3 that enables you to define custom sounds to those events to people on your contact list.

Like this:
1) Joe wants to talk with Tom when he logs on, but isn't around the computer all the time, but had the cell phone with him.
2) Joe sets that the next time Tom logs on (or every time, as an option) that he'll get a text message on his cell phone.
3) Tom logs on while Joe is outside, and gets the notification on the cell, and can walk inside to chat.

I hope it is doable. Feel free to comment/ask questions in this thread if I've been unclear about some things.

Thanks!

Mykel

This post was edited on 03-03-2004 at 02:27 PM by Mykel.
03-01-2004 11:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mykel

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Req: Notification events sent to MSN mobile
Think it will be possible?
03-03-2004 02:23 PM
Federico

46 / Male / –
RE: Notification events sent to MSN mobile
Hi, I think it's a great idea, but I think it will be better, to send a mail to another Email address, than send a message to the address registered on MSN mobile, because, for example, my cell phone doesn't  receive message from MSN mobile, but I think that  all cell phones have an associated E mail address

Don't you think so?

Saludos a todos desde el Rio de la Plata!!
03-05-2004 10:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mykel

– / Male / –
My cell phone doesn't have an associated email address, unfortunately, which is why I am asking for direct MSN mobile support.

Long story, but general abuse and spamming made the mobile companies shut it down.
03-06-2004 02:44 PM
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
RE: Req: Notification events sent to MSN mobile
What the hell is wrong with these people??

Mykel made a perfectly feasible suggestion. It's people like you who are screwing up these forums with complete rubbish. MakaveliThaDon, you seem to believe you can just come onto this forum and start ordering the admins around, apparently... and what's with all your insulting? Do the words 'forum rules' not apply to you? xt0rt and yo dawg X simply seem to be talking complete rubbish, which is equally against the rules.
Edit: that's all been split now, so my post is largely irrelevant. Oh well. :P

Anyway... Mykel, sorry, I don't know much about this, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, but assume you were out some time, and one guy logged in and out 20 times (simply because he's annoying, or he was having computer trouble, or whatever). Wouldn't it get annoying? :P

Edit: could also cause a lot of server strain, unless there's some way of sending text messages from your computer, and I'm not sure if there is.

Edit 2: argh, that sounded stupid. :mipdodgy:

This post was edited on 03-06-2004 at 04:38 PM by billywoods1.
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

03-06-2004 03:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
The biggest problem is the fact that you need something to send sms from...

Option 1:This could be a plain mobile phone, problem: you need to have it connected to your phone. Even if you fix that, you'll need to find a way to make that mobile send the text you want. Beacuase every mobile is build different that's not do-able i think.
Option 2: Use an external SMS server... Like Patchou sets up his own sms server from where users can send their sms. But that costs alot of money, Patchou would need to earn that back by making you pay money for every sms you send :D
Option 3: Use some free webservice that allows you to send SMS for free... But site like that can dicide to stop their free services and when that happens Plus! sms wouldn't work anymore.

All with all it's just to hard to make this work right i think.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-06-2004 03:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
dont some phones have mail adresses attached tot them, and u send an SMS to that addy, and it goes to the phone??? htats how it works in Canada
03-06-2004 03:20 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Req: Notification events sent to MSN mobile
quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
dont some phones have mail adresses attached tot them, and u send an SMS to that addy, and it goes to the phone?...

Good point, but like you said... Some. I think only few people use it out here (i speak for the Netherlands). The biggest group of people who use email on their mobile is probally business people, who aren't excactly MsgPlus!' main users.

But the idea is nice.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-06-2004 03:40 PM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
yeah i'd like to see it. what i dnt like is idiot's like these messin up the forum. n wots wiv "no i cnt be done noe admin close the thread" stfu and get banned
03-06-2004 03:45 PM
Mykel

– / Male / –
What's going on? What is wrong with my suggestion since you want it deleted? More detailed feedback as to the reasons for this not being possible, please.
03-06-2004 03:53 PM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: