What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Banzaii!!! Ze Retour

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Banzaii!!! Ze Retour
This poll is closed.
Game Cube / GBA
8 34.78%
Play Station 2
12 52.17%
X-Box 3 13.04%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

1 votes - 5 average   Banzaii!!! Ze Retour
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
It's been now two years that I decided tyhat Iwould stop playing on a PC and I still don't regret it... with a console, you buy the game, you put it in the system and tada, it works, no hassle, you play, that's cool. With a PC, there's always a problem a patch to download.. that's very annoying. It was not like that some years ago, that's a shame.

Anyway, PS2 is pretty cool, X-Box is the most powerful but the one with the less interesting exclusive games, and Game Cube, well, I always likes the style of Nintendo games, I particulary love what they do with this system (and the GBA connection is a great idea).
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-22-2002 09:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
AI

Well the PS2 itself is outdated @ the moment, they're working hard on something like the PS3 :tongue:
Yes I am alpha-testing
:bow: Patchou :bow:

orkfia
http://www.istherenothingbetter.tk
11-22-2002 11:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Swaptor

erm.... empty?

39 / Male / –
But then again; will it ever stop?!

And even a bigger question; will all the new consoles be downward-compatible? So will it be possible to play all the old games on this new and better console?
I know Sony achieved it with the PS2, but will it in the future, or do you have to start all over again?  :huh:
Swaptor aka DJ Nucleuz
11-22-2002 11:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Bugz

the well known asshole

38 / Male / Flag
I only manage a pc, but I play PlayStation, GameCube and Nintendo64 a lot with my friends. Do I miss something by not having the abbility to play PS2 or X-Box?
11-23-2002 10:06 AM
user2319
Disabled Account

RE:
quote:
Originally posted by Morpheus
quote:
Originally posted by Swaptor
And even a bigger question; will all the new consoles be downward-compatible? So will it be possible to play all the old games on this new and better console?
As long as the PlayStation consoles keep using compact disks to run their games on, I don't think there will be a problem. Has anyone ever seen that article about PlayStation 9? It's kind of like being inserted into the Matrix... :shocked: It uses biotechnology. Of course, it's just a bunch of speculations. Let's just hope we live long enough to see it released. :wink:

hmmm.... lets better hope sony doesnt releases a new console soon. cuz if you bougt a ps2 you dont want a nwe console to fast cuz you just bought a ps2. btw NINTENDO says ngc wil not be replaced for atleast 8 (!) years which (i think) is very long!!
11-26-2002 07:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user2319
Disabled Account

RE:
quote:
Originally posted by Bugz
I only manage a pc, but I play PlayStation, GameCube and Nintendo64 a lot with my friends. Do I miss something by not having the abbility to play PS2 or X-Box?

Playing with friends is th most fun ofcourse!!!!! but maybve you should vbuy a console. its your choice
12-06-2002 07:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
s7a5
Veteran Member

RE: Banzaii!!! Ze Retour
I like Dandy :lol:
03-22-2003 10:45 PM
STMB

39 / Male / –
The Gamecube is the best one imo.  I always liked Nintendo's games, and I still love them on the NGC.  Plus, it's THE party console (4 players), and it's a big plus (especially with games like Super Smash Bros Melee...).  It has a good controller (not too big, like the Dreamcast and the X-Box ones) and there is even a wireless model.  Oh, and I never heard that the Gamecube will be there for 8 years, unless they add some kind of expansions to the console.  In fact, I heard that they were already planning another console...
The PS2 is not bad, but it interests me a lot less than the PS1 did.  If I ever get one, it'll be only for the Final Fantasy games... I liked the PS1 mostly for its RPGs, but now the Gamecube has some decent ones (Phantasy Star Online, Skies of Arcadia...), well, the PS2 is a bit less appealing to me.  Plus, a lot of games that comes out for the PS2 are also coming out for the NGC.  But I must admit that the PS2 is a very good system but I don't like the fact that they already want to release a PS3 (which could happen in the next year or two, three years at the most...), since a lot of people bought a PS2 already and probably aren't interested in buying another console not even three years later...
The X-Box... the only thing that I find good in this console is the performance.  Apart from that, I must say that they don't have enough exclusive titles (compared to Nintendo and Sony's consoles)...  most of the games that are coming out for the X-Box console are also coming out for the NGC, the PS2 and PC.  Of course it has its good games too, but it's not enough to me.  However, the fact that Rare migrated to Micosoft's console may make me buy one, only because of Perfect Dark...lol
In the end, all three consoles are worth trying, but I prefer the NGC, maybe only because I like the Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda games (and no, I'm not some 8 years-old kid, I'm actually 18 and I've been playing games since I was 2).  I actually like its design too, and since I have a GBA, the connectivity between both consoles interests me.  I'll probably end up with the 3 consoles, but for now I'll stick with the NGC...  I think that the three consoles has its advantages, and that choosing one is a matter of taste...  actually, someone I know prefer the Dreamcast...lol
When people says that you are not good at doing bad things, is it a good thing?
03-23-2003 03:56 AM
Web_Master

– / Male / –
i got a gba and its great, otherwise i stick wid da n64
--------------------------------------------------------
5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.
--------------------------------------------------------
03-23-2003 09:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
snoop dogg

43 / Male / –
n64 is good but they don't make wny more games so it sux(N)
:wall:
                                  Fërrï§
                                  :banana:
03-25-2003 03:39 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: