What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » you can report bugs now

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
you can report bugs now
Author: Message:
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
RE: you can report bugs now
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
The category start color alternates too...
:lol: Is this just an excuse not to fix it?

Anyway... for some reason when I logged on today I got the 'Earth' theme for the forums (which, may I point out, is bloody ugly). Why was this? I used to use myXP-Blue or something similar to that... can't remember why, I think the font was smaller and it looked generally more spacious... and now when I changed it back it seemed very slightly different, the margins round the sides of the white box were different on the left and right... any ideas what's wrong? :P

Edit: blah, and the colours are wrong. :'(

Nothing big, it's just annoying me.

This post was edited on 03-13-2004 at 03:58 PM by billywoods1.
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

03-13-2004 03:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: you can report bugs now
The upgrade script died when it got to the custom themes, so the users' theme settings got kinda screwed up. :-/ The themes themselves are exactly the same as in Beta 4 though. Are you sure you weren't using Shady and not myXP-Blue? I thought only Shady was changed to Earth... :-/
03-13-2004 09:32 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
In the Who's online list, you've added the "Viewing No Permission Page" line for guests, when they're looking at pages they need to be logged in for.

However, one can still see guests "Using Private Messaging System", while they're viewing a No Permission Page then too. Can you fix this? :)
03-14-2004 01:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
WDZ, possibly, I dunno, I'll have a look. :P I think this is the one I was using though... but the colours are slightly different.

Bad spelling: on the email changing page (after you type in your password/new email address), it says "sucessfully". Should be "successfully". :P

Edit: myXP-Blue seems to be the only one even vaguely similar to the one I was using. 8-)

This post was edited on 03-14-2004 at 04:52 PM by billywoods1.
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

03-14-2004 04:49 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
However, one can still see guests "Using Private Messaging System", while they're viewing a No Permission Page then too. Can you fix this? :)
Hmm... interesting bug! Fixed. Thanks. :p

quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
Edit: myXP-Blue seems to be the only one even vaguely similar to the one I was using. 8-)
^o)

Well, I copied and pasted all the themes straight out of the DB backup from before the upgrade. I also just checked the myXP-Blue and Shady themes, and all the data is intact. The only things that have changed are the templates, and maybe the usage of the colors.
03-14-2004 07:09 PM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
Small bug: When editing someones posts to fix bbcode tags, e.g. they forget to close them. If I click the close all tags button for them (I'm assuming this is on all edits) then it doesnt work, need to type them manually. :P
03-14-2004 07:28 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
Small bug: When editing someones posts to fix bbcode tags, e.g. they forget to close them. If I click the close all tags button for them (I'm assuming this is on all edits) then it doesnt work, need to type them manually. :P
the close tags button doesn't work like that. it only closes tags inserted with the buttons and drop.down lists. ie: go to the post reply page and write a tag, like [­code] then select a font and the tag [­font=Impact] appears. Then click close tags. only the [­/font] tag is closed.

edit:
oh!, and changing that behaviour is quite complex in javascript (well, the way i'd do it is complex, maybe there's an easier way)

This post was edited on 03-14-2004 at 07:35 PM by Choli.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
03-14-2004 07:34 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
Choli is right, and I'm not even gonna try to fix that... it's all javascript, and I hate it. :p
03-14-2004 07:37 PM
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
My point is: So even if they've used the insert buttons, I can't use the close button on edit?
03-14-2004 07:39 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
My point is: So even if they've used the insert buttons, I can't use the close button on edit?
no. the insert buttons just insert the tags into the text field and the fact that a tag has been inserted by the buttons is only stored by javascript while the user is posting. Once he clicks post button, the borwser destroys the javascript code and you can't say if a tag was written by the user or inserted with the buttons.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
03-14-2004 07:47 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites