What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Possible bug in PM system

Possible bug in PM system
Author: Message:
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. Possible bug in PM system
It could be I found a bug in the PM system. In fact, I'm pretty sure, but one cannot be sure here, for it might be a 'limitation' :rolleyes:

Anyway, I like to keep all messages, so I can always find out what PMs I sent and received a few months ago. Today I wanted to check for a PM I received last year, and therefore I went to the folder to where I move all PMs after reading: I named it "Saved Items" :)

In the Saved Items folder, I seem to have between 60 and 80 PMs stored; it will display 20 PMs at once, and I saw a
Pages: (4): « First   [ 1 ]  2  3  4  »  Last »
bar, so you can do the maths too :P

Now the message I wanted appeared to be on the second page, so I click the number 2 on the bar, and should be taken to the second page of that folder. The URL nicely points to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/private.php?folder=5&page=2 so that looked good (folder 5 is the Saved Items folder I created).

So I clicked the link, and I saw
[Image: attachment.php?pid=218351]

Yeah right.

For the record: this cannot even be my Inbox, as you can see I had one new message (in my Inbox), and it doesn't show any, so this would be a bug. Right?

.png File Attachment: PMinbox1.PNG (20.56 KB)
This file has been downloaded 213 time(s).
03-24-2004 12:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Johnny_Mac
Elite Member

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Possible bug in PM system
I remember when those page numbers at the bottom didnt even exist for your folders. :P

I don't see how this is a limitation though. If the folder just acts the same as an Inbox, then why would you not be able to see pages other then the first? Me thinks bug. :undecided:
03-24-2004 01:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Possible bug in PM system
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Right?
Well, I think it is your inbox, but you just don't have a second page of messages. :p

Anyway, the page link taking you to the wrong folder was a bug, and I fixed it.
03-24-2004 04:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: