What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Profile Patch

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Profile Patch
Author: Message:
Axiom

– / Male / –
RE: Profile Patch
Its annoying we (The people of the UK) keep losing more and more features of MSN and the internet because of 'Child Security' . What part of the internet ever claimed it was for children in the first place? Annoying...
I mean, now, if someone adds you that you don't know, you can't check their profile to find out about them, you have to start asking, and you can't tell me that is supposed to be more secure and 'child friendly' than being able to look at their profile and know if its someone you know.
Another thing, is that why is it the UK who gets these 'tests'? I'm sure the US has just as many, if not more, of 'those' types of people, but is it just because we found out how to find them out that we get these punishments? *sighs* I know this is kinda the wrong place to moan about this, just first its MSN chat gone, and now its profiles too, and soon it'll be MSN for people from the UK as a whole. I think rather than making the internet  experience more secure and safer, they should consider making getting onto the internet more secure rather than stripping away the things that give it such a large user base.

Okay, moaning ended now. 
04-18-2004 12:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
sparkymcg

– / Male / –
btw is there a patch for UK ppl to go on MSN chatrooms
04-19-2004 06:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

35 / Male / –
You can read some profiles but only members of msn groups. But, if they dont belong to a group, then thtz it... :S
My profile had my pic and everything but with an msn groups look.
I am from the UK btw.
(although this wont help you if you want to look from messenger)
04-24-2004 05:46 PM
sparkymcg

– / Male / –
Is there a patch for 6.2
04-25-2004 10:55 AM
Capo

– / Male / –
Grin  RE: Profile Patch
6.2.0133 Profile Patch

This wil re enable uk profiles on messenger 6.2.0133 ONLY. I just though i would knock this together till Timothy and Zero1 release an update. Make Sure You Close MSN before you install this.

Download Here

This post was edited on 04-25-2004 at 05:13 PM by Capo.
04-25-2004 04:00 PM
TedoDude

– / Male / –
If Microsoft did decide to close the profiles page they should have given us a decent page except a bit of Times New Roman saying "Closed".

I am not gonna patch it as there is all this stuff about patches and i don't really look... but we were told about the closure of MSN Chat Rooms by:

"Microsoft have decided to close their MSN chat rooms to reduce the number of incidents related to them... Hopefully more sites will do the same"

I thought it was worldwide, not just the UK :@
Asus Crosshair, 4GB Ballistix, 4600+, 7600GT Overclocked, RAID1 160GB + extra 160GB disk, HVR1100 DVB-T Tuner, 2xOptical Drives
04-25-2004 05:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Capo

– / Male / –
microsoft just doesnt like the uk for some reason where its little hamster it experments on.
04-25-2004 07:27 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: