What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Altering incoming text

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Altering incoming text
Author: Message:
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: Altering incoming text
quote:
Originally posted by RooJ
From there i found a huge string which contained the entire chat session, anything could be edited including names, it would then change on the chat window aswell.

presumably then this is where windows is storing the text for the rich edit control on the plus! window; as opposed to something in plus!?

This post was edited on 04-24-2004 at 09:38 PM by optimism_.
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
04-24-2004 09:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RooJ

O.P. RE: Altering incoming text
Choli: what dodgy thing did you do?

Heh, just altered the text via the debugger.

optimism_: presumably then this is where windows is storing the text for the rich edit control on the plus! window; as opposed to something in plus!?

Yeah its not in plus, Sadly the window text is a different address each break aswell so as i said before.. completely impractical to rely on it.

Choli: that sound weird , i think it's better to use the messenger apis (as plus does)

To be honest Choli i dont know much about the messenger api. Might have to read up on it.
04-24-2004 11:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
optimism_

Ctrl+Alt+Del - Tragically l337

37 / Male / –
RE: Altering incoming text
Rooj: yes the location of the text will change all the time, however
There will always be a pointer to this memory address (a 4byte integer in ram which contains the numeric index of the first character of the string)
And this pointer is likely to be in a fixed position RELATIVE to something else, *such as* the window handle
HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found
04-25-2004 03:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RooJ

O.P. RE: Altering incoming text
Yeah agreed.. might not need that though, i just altered text before it reached the window, infact before plus had even had chance to take the special chars out and the notifycode. I altered it and then it was placed in the chat window no problem. This could be useful when people keep sending plus sounds and stuff to annoy you.. i used it to edit a ping that was sent so that i didnt auto reply.. it worked. I know you can probebly turn the ping thing off but i dont care lol.

Depending on whether the plugins called before the text is sent to the main window, in theory you could add code to a plugin that would alter the real text just before it was sent to the chat window. If you wanted to edit it before plus does you would have to do it before that id imagine.

This would be ideal for an encryption plugin, not having to use msgbox's.

RooJ

This post was edited on 04-26-2004 at 01:36 AM by RooJ.
04-26-2004 01:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: