What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Small emot bug found, affects 6.2 only

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Small emot bug found, affects 6.2 only
Author: Message:
oticon6

35 / Male / –
O.P. Small emot bug found, affects 6.2 only
I upgraded to MSN Messenger 6.2 and downloaded the latest version of Messenger Plus! to support it. When I try to use the "noicon" or "noformat" commands, they don't display properly. For example "/noicon :D" should show the code to that emoticon, but instead it shows " ".

I checked to see if the people who were receiving the message saw it properly, one was using 6.2, the other 6.1, both said it didn't work.

I've tested it a bit and also found that:
- Typing "/noformat (!VER)" still displays all my version information, which it shouldn't.
- Any emoticons in a /me message don't show.
- Trying to accompany a custom message to a sound (eg "/sdoh I'm  a fool :(") worked, but again replaced any emoticons with a " ".

Incase it's of any relevance, my OS is Windows 2000 Professional, and I have the msnhandwriting.dll plugin installed.

Completely irrelevant, but whatever happened to the "Share" button? Since the beginning of MSN6 it seems to have disappeared and never returned.

One more thing, what language did you program it in?

Sincerely,
Jason Ride

This post was edited on 04-25-2004 at 12:20 PM by oticon6.
04-25-2004 12:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
RE: Small emot bug found, affects 6.2 only
he programmed it in c++
04-25-2004 12:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
Patchou is aware about the emoticons don't working with 6.2 and Plus!, it will be solved in Plus!3 :).

quote:
Originally posted by oticon6
Typing "/noformat (!VER)" still displays all my version information, which it shouldn't.
I think this will be solved in Plus!3 too, but I'm not sure if Patchou is already aware of it.

quote:
Completely irrelevant, but whatever happened to the "Share" button? Since the beginning of MSN6 it seems to have disappeared and never returned.
"Share" button? Do you mean "Send Files" button?

quote:
C++

04-25-2004 12:30 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
...also 6.2 has been unreleased and 6.1 has been put back on because 6.2 has been taken back for improvements...
quote:
You'll find it's still in Windows Messenger but I believe it was taken out of MSN Messenger because of compatibility reasons with the release of 6.0

This post was edited on 04-25-2004 at 12:32 PM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
04-25-2004 12:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
oticon6

35 / Male / –
O.P. Grin  RE: Small emot bug found, affects 6.2 only
I'm amazed at the speed of these replies, and that it actually answered everything i asked (not something I commonly find on other forums). Thanks! :D
04-25-2004 12:35 PM
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
The emoticons don't show because of a bug resulting from a change in 6.2.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hello everyone,

the public version of Messenger Plus! has just been updated to 2.54.75 to support MSN Messenger 6.2. Everything is working fine except for the fact that emoticons cannot be used in conjunction with commands or special tags anymore (because of the fact that MSN Messenger 6.2 replaces emoticon codes by emoticon graphics while you type your messages). Of course, this problem will be solved in Messenger Plus! 3.

Please post replies to this thread if you encounter any problem with the latest version. It is very important that I am being kept informed of any problem, and thus, as soon as possible. Due to the special "emergency" situation, auto-update has already been enabled and I don't want to cause more problems that I'll solve by updating my users .

Download Messenger Plus! 2.54.75 at: http://download.msgplus.net/files/msgplus-setup.exe

Thank you,
Patchou

You have actually never been able to insert the icons, successfully, in these instances...
But now, that messenger changes the text emoticons you type into emoticon icons, only complicates the matter.

This post was edited on 05-08-2004 at 06:27 AM by Patchou.
04-25-2004 12:58 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
and Patchou probably disabled the /noicon for that reason.

You may also try /text.

(I'm not using the new MP!2 release, but I'm just guessing.
04-25-2004 01:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
whatever happened to the "Share" button? Since the beginning of MSN6 it seems to have disappeared and never returned.
Because of limitations the "Share Button" was taken out. Since then the "Share Option" is located in the Plus! menu in a conversation window.

But, about the "Share Button" In Messenger Plus! 3:
quote:

The button will be back (sort of) in version 3.00, along with some other options.

quote:

Patchou programmed it in Visual Studio C++ v7.1 If I recall correctly...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-25-2004 02:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Yep, I'm using Visual Studio 7.1 and Messenger Plus! is developed entirely in C++ (and just a little bit of assembly).

As for /noformat (!VER), that'=s probably because you want to do /text (!VER). noformat only deactives text formatting attributes such as bold or color :).

I have solved the emoticon problem of Messenger 6.2 yesterday and it will defintiviely be a part of Plus!3. Don't worry, be happy.... laaaaalala lalala lala lala lalaaaaaaaaa
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-25-2004 08:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
quote:

I have solved the emoticon problem of Messenger 6.2 yesterday and it will defintiviely be a part of Plus!3. Don't worry, be happy.... laaaaalala lalala lala lala lalaaaaaaaaa

so do we beta testers get a new beta (A)
04-25-2004 08:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: