What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Reputation: users or posts?

Pages: (12): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Reputation: users or posts?
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Reputation: users or posts?
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
No, we are discussing the Reputation feature (that little square below your status). This can only be votes atm by Elites, mods and admins. so neither you, nor me can vote on posts individually. The "Rate" thing is the usual rating method: 1-5 for any user. But if the Reputation is widely implemented the old "Rate" thing will get deprecated (I don't know how WDZ will use the current ratings in the future).

It's also a good option to let you edit your ratings/reputation votes. :)

(Ok, I'll rate you, but do the same to me ;))

Hehehe sure, just tell me how..lol ;) By what u said above it looks like neither of us can :( aawwwwwwwwwww shame!

This post was edited on 04-26-2004 at 02:01 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-26-2004 01:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: Reputation: users or posts?
Well, you can get to my profile (clicking on my nickname) and clicking on [Rate] or use the shortcut in my sig (exceptionally): [Rate me!]

Edit: Look, someone (an elite, a mod or an admin) gave you a good reputation :)

This post was edited on 04-26-2004 at 02:06 PM by KeyStorm.
04-26-2004 02:05 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

38 / Male / –
Could the Reputation points be shown in the profile, to see where a member got a good reputation (and to see what were his/her best posts?).

Edit: (Thanks, same did I, I was doubting between 4 and 5, but I thought that only super-members deserve that 5th star ;))

This post was edited on 04-26-2004 at 02:11 PM by KeyStorm.
04-26-2004 02:09 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Reputation: users or posts?
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I would prefer voting on user though, first of all it's kind crazy to go vote on every post somebody makes (I know this is not the intention, but now on every post i read i kinda have the feeling "should of give this post reputation or not ?:o".
Yeah, I know... I kinda feel the same way... it's more possible work... though you're not forced to do it... :p

quote:
Also i like the idea that out will replace the member rating thing.
Me too.

quote:
But will we be able to chacge our reputation vote after we gave somebody one on voring per user? I mean, people can change their behauviour you know :).
If I implement the "vote on users" system, you will definitely be able to change your votes. Maybe I'll allow it with the post system too, in case you change your mind, or the post gets edited. I can't think of any disadvantages to vote-changing at the moment...

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
That can be avoided if the number of reputations a user can give to another is limited per thread, ie: user A can't give more than X reputations to user B in each thread.
That's one option... I thought of a slightly different plan after I posted this thread though: maximum votes per user per day. In other words, you can only vote for someone a certain number of times each day.

quote:
I think the future system should combine both. I explain myself:
I dunno, KeyStorm, your post confused me... :-/
04-26-2004 02:11 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
One thing: disable voting in T&T, no matter it's gonna be user or post voting. People want to vote negative to soon when reading crappy T&T posts :D.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
04-26-2004 02:17 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Reputation: users or posts?
quote:
Keystorm: (Thanks, same did I, I was doubting between 4 and 5, but I thought that only super-members deserve that 5th star ;))

I gave you a 5 star rating...see how happy i am with the lil things in life (next goal: become supermember..lol...if i ever can, considering i didnt grow up with comps)

:spam: I'll think i'll stop now...this could be considered spammin...oops...carry on guys! :D

This post was edited on 04-26-2004 at 02:23 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-26-2004 02:22 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Could the Reputation points be shown in the profile, to see where a member got a good reputation (and to see what were his/her best posts?).
Yeah, I'll add something like that. Guido had some really nice ideas/designs for the "vote on users" system... maybe I could adapt those to the post system... or just make something up myself... blah. :p

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
One thing: disable voting in T&T, no matter it's gonna be user or post voting. People want to vote negative to soon when reading crappy T&T posts :D.
Oh yeah, that's another thing I had in mind... (y)

I'm going to edit my first post if my internet connection stops acting dodgy... :dodgy:
04-26-2004 02:24 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I dunno, KeyStorm, your post confused me... :undecided:
Yeah... :s well, my dodgy English, you know:
Step by step.
  • Each regular member has max 1 point to give or take to one member (to avoid so rage-voters) (range would go from -1 to 1 per member)
  • You, as user can vote posts positively or negatively, affecting this vote to your personal average vote to that member (If I voted someone twice positive and once negative, the vote (in a range -1 to 1) is 1/3)
  • Post-reputation stays as it is now (it's showed somewhere which posts were voted and whether positively or negatively.
  • But the Rating of the user would vary as consequence of the post-Reputation, from -1 (worst) to 1 (best)
  • One member can vote as many posts by one member as s/he wishes, but the votes don't count separately, the average of all votes to one member does count as one "member-vote" (I'm repeating this to see if it gets clear :undecided:)
  • Showing the voted posts in the profile (or on another pforile page) would be also a good thing :)
That's all about it. If you want me to explain it clearer (I wish I could :'() PM me.

This post was edited on 04-26-2004 at 02:30 PM by KeyStorm.
04-26-2004 02:28 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
Hmm... I understand better now... I don't really see the point though... if you can only give 1 point to a user, it makes more sense to use the "vote on users" system. Also, I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement... it looks like you need every vote available when you do that calculation... I'm not good at math anyway. :refuck:

Right now when you vote, MyBB simply adds or subtracts a point from a user's overall reputation number. With your system, it would first have to load every vote you made for a certain user, do the calculation, then... uhh... :huh: How would it update the user's reputation number? It would first have to delete the previous reputation change you made, then add the new one... right?
04-26-2004 02:45 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Maybe what Keystorm means with keeping the per post thing is this:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=232456]

I like it too though that you can still see comment off why you have got a certain vote.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
04-26-2004 02:52 PM
Pages: (12): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: