What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Reputation: users or posts?

Pages: (12): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Reputation: users or posts?
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Reputation: users or posts?
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
It was a comment on the idea of giving ppl voting/ratingrights when past a certain amount of posts an valueing the points given more when reached another level (wich happens when u reach certain amount of posts).
oh well :P

about that: i don't agree. I think only current people allowed to give reputations (admins mods & elites) should give them. noone more.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
04-27-2004 09:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Ok, still the question remains do we really need a ratingsystem?
Meaning its still a i like u i dont like u thing..and it can cause wars amongst users of this forum an the ppl giving the ratings..an think of what a red card can make ppl think bout the person havin it to his/her name..afterall we're here to help eachother not to fight rite?

I'd say leave reputation in the middle after all its still everybody's own decision/responsibility to follow an advice or not.

This post was edited on 04-27-2004 at 09:56 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-27-2004 09:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Well, maybe there shouldn't be the RED card as it is, maybe there should only be gray and green.
nah... or the reputation system is complete (with green and red cards) or we don't have any reputation system at all... i don't get the idea of a user being able to be given a good reputation but not a bad one.
04-27-2004 10:13 AM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
Well, maybe there shouldn't be the RED card as it is, maybe there should only be gray and green.

Edit: Someone rated this post negatively. Reason: double posting. But Sunshine had deleted the post that was between, she told me afterwards. This is very :dodgy:.
Double posts should be reported, not rated, because maybe someone is sucking with reputations :dodgy:...
04-27-2004 10:16 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Reputation: users or posts?
quote:
Edit: Someone rated this post negatively. Reason: double posting. But Sunshine had deleted the post that was between, she told me afterwards. This is very :dodgy:.
Double posts should be reported, not rated, because maybe someone is sucking with reputations :dodgy:...

Talk about abuse of rating...nice example...this is kinda what i been trying to warn about all along.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-27-2004 10:22 AM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
There could be ways of improving the graphical representation, and remember: this system was only enabled a couple days ago... there haven't been enough votes to see noticable differences between members.
I wasn't talking about the current system, but about the "NIFTY" (;)) bars someone posted as an example for a new system.

quote:
but you'll agree with me that the more post a user has the more known he/she is in the community. If a spammer spams, he/she'll be given more reputations (negative, of course) than the reputations given to someone who posts less. As I said before, even if the person who doesn't post so often (or so much) doesn't spam and is a better member than the spamer, he/she isn't so known so he/she has less reputation (i mean less, not worse).
Agreed.
04-27-2004 04:25 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
there's a small issue in this rating system.. lets say some dodgy member post a dodgy post.
Ill read the post and say "oh, dodgy post, dodgy guy, ill rate this post :P".
Then Choli comes, read the post and rates "negative"
Then WDZ, Tochjo, Mippo, Cookie....
One post = lots of bad ratings :S

we are more likely to vote negative than positive, thats the truth :P im pretty sure that there will be more negative ratings than positive ratings..
Its a bit dodgy but oh well..
i still like Guido's idea posted in the other thread, about rating users, positive neutral or negative, and to be able to change our vote :P

This post was edited on 04-27-2004 at 04:52 PM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
04-27-2004 04:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Reputation: users or posts?
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
and there's no need in adding an option to make public (to the person who is receiving the reputation) who is giving it.
So no "anonymous" option? I might add a "public" option... don't confuse the 2 though... "public" reputation votes would be shown in profiles.

quote:
Well, the vote was dodgy, but you can't expect the reputation system to prevent stuff like that...

quote:
Double posts should be reported, not rated
I agree, though there are times when rating spammy posts is good... if someone spams the forums with anti-MsgPlus threads, and they eventually get deleted, the spammer should still get a bad reputation.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Ok, still the question remains do we really need a ratingsystem?
Of course not... we don't need post counts, avatars, or signatures, but we have those... :p I thought people would like having a reputation system, and we might benefit from it... I'm not so sure anymore...
04-27-2004 04:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I'm not so sure anymore...
* Guido gives WDZ a cookie :P
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
there's a small issue in this rating system.. lets say some dodgy member post a dodgy post.
Ill read the post and say "oh, dodgy post, dodgy guy, ill rate this post ".
Yeah, that's why I'm not sure of per-post rating...

I like the public idea, WDZ

This post was edited on 04-27-2004 at 05:03 PM by Guido.
04-27-2004 04:58 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Ill read the post and say "oh, dodgy post, dodgy guy, ill rate this post ".
Then WDZ, Tochjo, Mippo, Cookie....
One post = lots of bad ratings
owww :P that's true... mmm... what about a limit in the points a post can reveive?
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
So no "anonymous" option? I might add a "public" option... don't confuse the 2 though... "public" reputation votes would be shown in profiles.
:O
What would be shown in profiles? the comment or the comment and the person who give the reputation?

now i'm a bit confused... i dunno what i think about what would be the best system :rolleyes:
04-27-2004 05:15 PM
Pages: (12): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites