What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
"Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update
Author: Message:
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
It's just odd that so many people post about this problem... makes me wonder if there's a really obscure bug... :-/
Yeah, many people reported that to me per Messenger... althou I already had warned the the first time they installed they had to read carefully the sponsor agreement :-/
04-26-2004 06:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
They always see the sponsor screen, but many wont read it or even look at it (as we all know) and they all just click yes (bad EULA-habit), hence they all say they didn't had a warning/choice... They expect to have a screen with 1 sentence and 2 choices, or to get listbox/checkbox thingie like you see in many installations where you have to choose your components, or they expect a popup/msgbox....

If they knew how the sponsoragreement looked liked (read: "how it looked", not "that there is one"), then there will be far less complaints about "(auto)-update installed the sponsor behind my back"....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-26-2004 06:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Smithy123

i am extreamly dissapointed with all this :( its took me ages just to get rid of this spywire and get back on msn. msn plus is now removed for good. i swear my computer is running slower now and my anti virus has been flashing like made with programs trying to access the net. what is the best way to make sure all the junks gone? dont tell me i have to format lol :(((
04-26-2004 08:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
BooGhost
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Smithy123
its took me ages just to get rid of this spywire
mmm whta soyare? i just know Adware :P
quote:
Originally posted by Smithy123
what is the best way to make sure all the junks gone? dont tell me i have to format lol
if you installed Plus!'s sponsor, just reboot computer uninstall Plus!, reboot again, install withOUT sponsor

if you remoder the adware with another way (Ad-Aware or that kind of programs), i recomend you to re-install Plus! WITH THE SPONSOR then reboot computer uninstall Plus!, reboot again, install withOUT sponsor

:D
04-27-2004 01:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: "Sponsor" installed, virus dropped during auto update
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
So you're completely sure? It's just odd that so many people post about this problem... makes me wonder if there's a really obscure bug... :-/

As I said in another post, I didn't change one character in the setup code for this update. You should be used to all this, it's always the same  thing everytime I enable an auto-update... some people just don't want to admit that they missed the option. You can try the auto-update yourself as much as you want, you will enver have a problem with the sponsor if you select "I refuse".

And once again, I understand that some of you may have installed the sponsor by error. That's exactly why I provide a perfectly working uninstaller. Do NOT use adaware or another program like this, they don't work for a lot of adaware program simply because they delete files without caring about the consequences. No serious program can be uninstalled that way. Just go in Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Messenger Plus!.

And... please..... try to be more honest. If there was really a problem with the setup of Messenger Plus!, this forum would have already died under the complains... I'm updating about 200,000 users every day, and as the welcome page is displayed at the end of the setup, they all know where to find me to complain :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
04-27-2004 02:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: