What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Suggestion: Non-English T&T threads allowance

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Poll: Non-English [i]controlled[/i] spamming allowed in T&T, what do you think?
No, don't like idea, leave the rules as they are now
Yes, but only for some important minority languages in these forums  (e.g. Dutch, French and Spanish)
Yeah, do it for any language!
Errm... I don't really give a f**k :refuck:
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Suggestion: Non-English T&T threads allowance
Author: Message:
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
O.P. Suggestion: Non-English T&T threads allowance
Before some people start to :blah: @ me and other members, I want to point out that I'm just posting this as a suggestion and asking for people's opinion (since it's about the Forums it's in F&W and not in GCC) about this controverted issue.

Some days ago, Chrono, a forum mod, felt like to spam in his own language: Spanish.

Some of us (Spaniards and Latins) felt engaged by this and kept the thread alive spamming around in Spanish.  Chrono, Guido, Choli, Omaaar, me, leito.gt and some others speak Spanish, and they use to like these threads.

Well, this is just an example. (Other languages had formerly its own T&T thread, too)

My suggestion is to allow threads (not single posts) in a foreign language in T&T forums.

Conditions would be:
-Stating the language in English in the thread title.
-Attached trustable translation to English might go in the report comment. (If any post gets enough hard to be reported, although being in T&T :-/)

I can't think of anything else... It's just that simple. :)

If you think it would become a mess, let's allow only the most spoken languages: Dutch, Spanish and French (since there are admins,  mods and elites who could control abuses) (Well, we could add Esperanto and Interlingua :P).

Well, that's my point of view. As said, a rather controverted issue, so please, just don't start blaming anyone for anything ;)

This post was edited on 05-05-2004 at 06:51 PM by KeyStorm.
05-05-2004 06:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestion: Non-English T&T threads allowance
The suggestion is appreciated, but I just don't think it's a good idea. No matter whether you have mods and people to control it (which is good, that certainly), people will still wonder what is being said. This will cause diversity, and I don't think that's a good idea :-/

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Well, we could add Esperanto and Interlingua :P
Like there are enough people to keep such a thread going :p
05-05-2004 06:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I'm not with the idea, why can't dz or sum1 press 'admin cp' go to forums > add forum/subforum > Multi T&T

just do that, rather than a large confusing thing in t&t, its confusing nuff wiv all the wierd split thread names like:

Requested !?!?!? wtf!!!
05-05-2004 07:00 PM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
I like the suggestion *-) but perhaps another condition could be that when you add a forum member his/her name in a post you translate the post into English?
quote:
Conditions would be:
-Stating the language in English in the thread title.
how do you mean? Something like "Nederlands - Dutch"? :-/.

Perhaps an elite could have moderator options in T&T to control the language threads? :s
05-05-2004 07:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Suggestion: Non-English T&T threads allowance
I'm just posting back to point out some things that should be clear, too, in response to Tochjo:

People want to spam, not insult other people. That's why I encourage he limited language option, to have that minimal control.

And we are not going to be spamming always in our language. So few people aren't funny enough to keep 5 Spanish threads a day. There would be probably 1 per week, if any. People usually like to spam with all the rest, too ;)

This post was edited on 05-05-2004 at 07:04 PM by KeyStorm.
05-05-2004 07:01 PM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I'm not with the idea, why can't dz or sum1 press 'admin cp' go to forums > add forum/subforum > Multi T&T

just do that, rather than a large confusing thing in t&t, its confusing nuff wiv all the wierd split thread names like:

Requested !?!?!? wtf!!!
and adding subforums to T&T isn't confusing? :-/. T&T is just T&T, it doesn't need any subs.
05-05-2004 07:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Hmm the idea is nice..but i think it will become a mess cuz ppl will start posting questions about messenger plus inthere too in their own language (if they have trouble posting in english).

Why not make a seperate help area where ppl can ask questions (about messenger plus) in their own language (hoping someone who speaks same language reads it). With this more ppl can be helped sorting messenger plus probs (not everybody in this world speaks english). Ofcourse it has ta go with the advice to post in the english section if they can cuz the chance of the problem gettin solved inthere stays highest.
IMPORTANT: that section should only be for help, not for spamming!
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-05-2004 07:04 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
not everybody in this world speaks english
But the entire forum is in English, how would they even be able to navigate to that forum?

quote:
People want to spam, not insult other people. That's why I encourage he limited language option, to have that minimal control.
Me doubts... But isn't changing his vote yet...
05-05-2004 07:05 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
and adding subforums to T&T isn't confusing? :-/. T&T is just T&T, it doesn't need any subs.

i don't mean add a subforum to t&t, add a sub forum to general chat....

i found the idea quite elementary!
05-05-2004 07:10 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Suggestion: Non-English T&T threads allowance
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
not everybody in this world speaks english
But the entire forum is in English, how would they even be able to navigate to that forum?

Multilingual topic (i know it can't be translated into all languages in the world, just stick to the major ones that are mentioned in this thread before)

Example:

Messenger plus help for non english (only post here if u can't translate to english)
Messenger plus hulp voor niet engelstaligen (post hier alleen als u niet naar het engels kunt vertalen)
...same in french...
...same in spanish...

This post was edited on 05-05-2004 at 07:21 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-05-2004 07:20 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: