What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » For gamers only - E3

Pages: (11): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 » Last »
For gamers only - E3
Author: Message:
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: For gamers only - E3
Blade obviously doesn't know real gaming. Gaming isn't about having the best Graphics or the best CPU Card. The Mario games had 24 bit graphics and you tell me that wasn't one of the best damn games of all time.

If you want to play multiplayer you don't need "online capabilities" either ,  go find some freinds then they can hook up a controller. Nintendo still knows how to make a lean game like Zelda and until I see your Playstation 2 make a game that great then I am sticking with Nintendo. Zelda took thinking , and lots of logic. If you made one mistake it took a whole lot to un-do it. Its not just some game where you shoot peoples heads off.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, in my point of view, the GameCube is the only original video game system out there.

Thank you! Nintendo is the only company who kept their consoles too actuall gaming and not playing DVDs and browsing the web and linux and all that garbage.

This post was edited on 05-18-2004 at 01:13 AM by dotNorma.
05-18-2004 01:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by NoName
Blade obviously doesn't know real gaming. Gaming isn't about having the best Graphics or the best CPU Card. The Mario games had 24 bit graphics and you tell me that wasn't one of the best damn games of all time.

If you want to play multiplayer you don't need "online capabilities" either ,  go find some freinds then they can hook up a controller. Nintendo still knows how to make a lean game like Zelda and until I see your Playstation 2 make a game that great then I am sticking with Nintendo. Zelda took thinking , and lots of logic. If you made one mistake it took a whole lot to un-do it. Its not just some game where you shoot peoples heads off.

quote:
Well, in my point of view, the GameCube is the only original video game system out there.

Thank you! Nintendo is the only company who kept their consoles too actuall gaming and not playing DVDs and browsing the web and linux and all that garbage.

Well then the Gamecube is comming out with "Gamecube Live", Halo 2 and Half-Life 2....oh wait...it isn't! :lol:

XBOX forever!

I agree that sSOME games don't need good graphics, like Tribes 1 - which I still play, but it's a MMOG. I'm in games for Multiplayer capability, goood controllers, decent graphics, and a good storyline. None of GC's new games have good storylines, GC has a bad controller, and there are few good games for 1 player, let alone multiplayer.

I'm not going to fight for the PS2, bcz frankly I don't like it too much, but it's better than the Crapcube

This post was edited on 05-18-2004 at 01:19 AM by .blade//.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
05-18-2004 01:16 AM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
:O
I don't know GameCube is beeter than PS2 is.

[offtopic]
But I still have a darn old Nintendo that I bought in 1991. And it still works perfectly :p.
[/ooftopic]
Registered 7646 days, 4 hours, 13 minutes, 45 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

05-18-2004 01:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: For gamers only - E3
quote:
Well then the Gamecube is comming out with "Gamecube Live", Halo 2 and Half-Life 2....oh wait...it isn't!
Yeah, thanks god it isn't.... those games have not changed since Doom 2, they are boring as hell and server no purpose. You wanted my opinion, you have it :refuck: :gfdrin:
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-18-2004 02:13 AM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Yeah, thanks god it isn't.... those games have not changed since Doom 2, they are boring as hell and server no purpose. You wanted my opinion, you have it :refuck: :gfdrin:

Have you ever played missions in Halo? :S
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
05-18-2004 02:19 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: For gamers only - E3
I have to admit that I didn't :). My point was: there's something else in video games than killing people.
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-18-2004 07:28 AM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
My point was: there's something else in video games than killing people.

Racing Cars round tracks?

Games are games theres onlysomany real format.  Most are so similar anyways
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
05-18-2004 12:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
sparkymcg

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Racing Cars round tracks?
I hate they games there so boring
i think one of the best games ever  is vice city for ps2 and metal gear solid i had for the original playstation
05-18-2004 12:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user2319
Disabled Account

RE: RE: For gamers only - E3
quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
but it is for little kids :lol: Everyone else who plays video games and has a current gen. console has a PS2 or XBOX....:lol: Gamecube.....:lol:! They have no CPU power and their graphics card sucks, good games are few and far between, and the controller SUCKS! Not to mention it has "awesome" online capibilities and all the extra features...or the fact that it has none! :lol:

The GC produces better gfx than the PS2, you know... It depends on what you call "good games", I think the NGC has good games, and the X-box has few and really hypes them. The controller is the BEST! I know someone who has an x-box and I was at his place for a few days, and we have played a lot of Halo. After, we played at my house, with the gamecube, and we really enjoyed the NGC controller more, we just had some problems, because we were now used to the big x-box controller. We both agreed that the X-box controller was too heavy, and the NGC's one was better. It's online capabilities suck, yes (not capibilities btw), but I enjoy offline playing very much. What extra features does the  X-box have? The NGC has the connectivity with the GBA. It's a very nice feature, you know :)

quote:
None of GC's new games have good storylines
You have no idea, do you? X-box's games don't have storylines. It's "win the boring race and score kudos" or "Kill that motherf###. Takes this! Aargghhh... [respawning] takakakakakakakaa waaaaahh... Bwaammmm......". I really enjoyed the Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime and The Legend of Zelda: The wind Waker storylines. A lot of unexpected surprises, and some fun here and there.

I think shooters and racing games (the realistic ones) are boring. And these are the only games for X-box that are "good". I don't really hate shooters, they can be fun, but are boring after a while, because of lack of storyline and have no variety (don't know if that's correct said; used a wordbook). It's just shooting, shooting, shooting. If you want real good gfx, buy yourself the newest PC. The x-box is like and older PC. Most shooters are for PC.
05-20-2004 08:16 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
I have to admit that I didn't :). My point was: there's something else in video games than killing people.
yes there are, but u have to admit, killing ppl is quite amusing to do.

I like all type of games, but reacing around a track bores me sometimes, i like games like need for speed where you can react a bit more with the environment!!! Its gr8 2 play.
05-20-2004 08:29 AM
Pages: (11): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: