What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25)

Pages: (24): « First « 10 11 12 13 [ 14 ] 15 16 17 18 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   [CBC] Chameleon Board Companion (formerly KSMAS) Community board release (2005-04-25)
Author: Message:
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23)
Hmmm i have a question:
In the setup, i selected an administator account.
I added users and all fine..
Now my question:
How can these users login with their password? :-/
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
09-02-2004 06:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23)
quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
Hmmmm ok...
I succesfully installed RC1 from another computer in the same host and i was able to upload images and the random script was working too...
Now i should test RC2...

Edit: I tested RC2 and it looks fine...
The only thing that i dont like is the buttons on RC2:

How they look:
[Image: HowTheyLook.PNG]

How they should look:
[Image: HowTheyShouldLook.PNG]

Well, this happens because of the following reason: the input-file shown either by MSIE or FF form element does not seem to accept proper CSS styling, I haven't found out the way to customize them properly to the global layout. Additionally, MSIE renders the buttons using Window's style, so it's rather difficult to make it match any design, as it dependds 100% on the client and not on the software, atm.
In RC2 I added some CSS to the image slots list, so now you can see the text inside the file-inputs is Verdana and not MS sans serif (default) and so on. But many other thinks can't be changed yet (at least I don't really know how, hope someone helps me out with this).

Ipab: assistant.php is just a setup assistant, or setup-bot in order to fix some permission issues. If that gets deleted, there's no problem in using setup.php again (it creates the assistant.php script back and deletes it afterwards).
The weird thing is that it SHOULD delete setu.php, but it doesn't, for onemisterious reason. Are all permissions around properly set to 777 or 766?
Anyway, does everything fail? are folders created?

quote:
Hmmm i have a question:
In the setup, i selected an administator account.
I added users and all fine..
Now my question:
How can these users login with their password?

Lol ;), easy. When you add an user you see in your admin panel a notice with the activation URL for that user. You must pass that URL to the end-user for him or her to activate it setting a password for their account. Once it is activated, the notice disappears from the adminCP and the user can log in normally.
But mind the activation time. When that time passes and the account has not been activated yet, it expires and gets deleted. So you have to create that account again in order to have it activated.
I added yesterday an option to disable expiration for those who want to have activation open undefinitely (what is not really recommended, btw, but nvm).

Now back to the main issue: Is the setup fixed now in RC2 for everyone who downloaded it? (except for Ipab) :^)

This post was edited on 09-02-2004 at 02:47 PM by KeyStorm.
09-02-2004 02:44 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23)
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Lol ;) , easy. When you add an user you see in your admin panel a notice with the activation URL for that user. You must pass that URL to the end-user for him or her to activate it setting a password for their account. Once it is activated, the notice disappears from the adminCP and the user can log in normally.
But mind the activation time. When that time passes and the account has not been activated yet, it expires and gets deleted. So you have to create that account again in order to have it activated.
I added yesterday an option to disable expiration for those who want to have activation open undefinitely (what is not really recommended, btw, but nvm).
This is what i did:
When the KSMAS setup finished I added an account for myself named "Mike"
I clicked the activation link and typed my password.
I added some pictures and then logged off.
Now if i want to add more pictures, what do i do?
I cant see any login button... :-/
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
09-02-2004 02:57 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC1 Released! (2004-08-23)
quote:
I cant see any login button...

There is no login button. Please, read the texts and I'm sure you will understand it. ;)
Edit: I'm still not sure what you mean, but I think following all advises given in KSMAS, you should be able to relog without any difficulties :-/

I just uploaded RC2 to SF.
You may download it here: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?gro...&release_id=266355

The changelog is:
v1.0 RC2:
- FIXED Settings apply immediately after saving them
- FIXED Free Slots and Close Gaps for single user
- IMPROVED Evil POST streams protection and outside access to KSMAS
- IMPROVED Texts
- ADDED Upgrader to setup script
- FIXED 404 on single user image showing
- ADDED Footer
- FIXED Compatibility issue that blocked usage and prompted 'Not Found' errors on PHP<5 (misdocumentation

of PHP)
- PHP version requirement changed to PHP v4.20
09-07-2004 10:47 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08)
Keystorm i downloaded your script and deleted my old KSMAS installation, but it won't let me install RC2 version :(
I says "next step 2 of 3" and when i click on it, it just refreshes the page :(!! can you help me please as i really want to get this to work seeing as i just deleted my old installation :P
Chestah

EDIT: btw it doesn't even start on step 1, as soon as i run the php file on my server then it is on step 2 :(

This post was edited on 09-11-2004 at 09:42 AM by Chestah.
Segosa is newb.
09-11-2004 09:30 AM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: [KSMAS] KeyStorm Multi Avatar Script - RC2 Released! (2004-09-08)
Oh, jesus, why does this suddently keep from working, it's not a very complicated setup script... :-/

This post was edited on 09-11-2004 at 02:18 PM by KeyStorm.
09-11-2004 02:17 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
yeah lol sorry to ruin it for you keystorm :P
EDIT: I also moved the file into a different directory to see if it would work but the same thing occurs. I thought it might have affected it sumhow cause i just deleted the KSMAS 0.3 i had before, but nope :(
EDIT 2: lol forget about the starting on step 2, it is actually on step 1, i am just unbelievably stupid, i even amaze myself :| but hey it was like 9.30 at night

This post was edited on 09-11-2004 at 11:00 PM by Chestah.
Segosa is newb.
09-11-2004 10:51 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah007
yeah lol sorry to ruin it for you keystorm :P

Trust me, debugging is one of the most depresing tasks of a programmer :(.

I seemed to find some potential bugs in the code that would avoid, for example, to get to step 2 or to get to assistant.php once the setup script is ready to work. But I've experienced some issues using subdomains, as I posted in PHP and subdomains.

However, on my server safe mode is enabled, so it's kindof expectable that things don't work how they should. By now, RC3 should be released soon, although that problem might not be solved. I want you to test it and report any problems with it. And, btw, I prefer you post here than PMing me. Don't do it unless you have some sensible information to provide.

And again, sincerely thanks for reporting malfunctions.

Again, I'll probably post a preRC3 later like last time to see if it works. Lemme do some debug-tests first.

This post was edited on 09-11-2004 at 11:02 PM by KeyStorm.
09-11-2004 10:59 PM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
thanks Keystorm :) damn, i'm actually going to start programming next year, learning mainly .net languages. Debugging sounds really long and tedious :|!! Oh well i'm sure the finished debugged end result will be worth it :D esp. KSMAS :)!! I hope you get it finished soon! BTW yeah i am on a subdomain, but 0.3 worked for me :S!
take your time on RC3 keystorm to make sure its the best :P
Chestah
Segosa is newb.
09-11-2004 11:06 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

38 / Male / –
If 0.3 worked, It's very likely that RC3 also works. I had added a couple of security protections that seemed to avoid instalating in some conditions. And that's maybe what is happening to you.

And thanks for your encouragement :)

Er, well, this is preRC3. As you know some things tha I have added may be incomplete or not work at all.

This is not recommended for people currently using RC2, although you should be able to upgrade KSMAS using this setup script. This is just a preview to test that the fixes in the setup script work.

You will notice the new memory limiter, use it at your own risk and, what's more important, do not relay on it. It's not finished yet. It won't ruin your server, but it could ruin your configuration file and your rotating avatar, so don't touch it, for the moment.

Just another little thing. This version is supposed to be only for testing. Its is not recommended to keep it and you should upgrade to RC3 as soon as it appears.

All further blablabla is rather irrelevant: Use it at your own risk ;)

.php File Attachment: setup.php (384.54 KB)
This file has been downloaded 358 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-11-2004 at 11:25 PM by KeyStorm.
09-11-2004 11:23 PM
Pages: (24): « First « 10 11 12 13 [ 14 ] 15 16 17 18 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: