What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Stairway to Heaven...scary

Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
Stairway to Heaven...scary
Author: Message:
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
RE: Stairway to Heaven...scary
found a mother load
http://www.reversespeech.com/music_reversals.htm
most of them are satanicaly creepy
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
11-28-2004 07:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
rubbish tbh...

There are thousand of songs that, if you play them backwards you will "hear things" (that is if you have a very very rich imagination)

If someone didn't put the reverse lyrics there, nobody would hear anything apart from the occasional "satan" and "666"...

It is said that The Beatles also did this to some songs...

complete rubbish....
i agree with you when you said that you dont hear it without the lyrics.. But for some of the songs like you said you can here Satan and 666.. Also for brittney spears song u can hear young.  In another song you can hear marijuana and the beatles one was freaky.. you can hear the miss him miss him miss him.

But all the other words were heard because of the lyrics
11-28-2004 01:21 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
Wow thats scary I heard soemthing about 'The Lord' clearly without expecting to hear anything as normally I think this kinda things rubbish.:|

Edit : The britney one 'extremley young' thats more scary!

This post was edited on 11-28-2004 at 03:45 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
11-28-2004 03:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I never wanted to revive this subject, but since other people have done it already:

Like I said in my previous post, all those reversed lyrics are complete rubbish! If you look things up in trusted, unbiassed sources, you'll quickly see that all this is complete rubbish and that everything has to do with mind suggestion.

In fact, many many years ago (when rock-'n-roll, punk, etc. was born) there have been many investigations (yes, real investigations by goverments, courts, etc.) to this stuff and to the very same groups and songs which are listed in this thread. These investigation came after some youngster killed himself and left a note saying that he had to do it because the song X from group Y (can't remember and cba to look it up) told him todo so when you played the song backwards.

This group had been brought to court and it was quickly decided that there was nothing to worry about and that it was only the rich imagination of the youngster that killed him.

How was this determined? After many rediculus words, flames and comments fired to eachother (rockgroup vs concearned parents), the judge had enough and demanded to listen to that particular song. What happend? The singer of the rockgroup gave the judge the reversed lyrics of a part of the song, read it outloud and then everybody listened to that song in reverse, 30 secs afterwards the judge ruled that all this was pure crap and dismissed the whole case. What did the singer gave to the judge? Simply the reversed lines: "Bake an egg on a stove, etc... etc..." (Can't remember exactly, but it was something realy rediculus and harmless), it was VERY clear that the judge, and everybody else in the court, only heared what they were told to hear and thus these reverse song-stuff is complete "suggestive".

Like I said, without knowing WHAT you SHOULD hear, you'll hear nothing!!!

This goes for every possible song and case!!! Except for 1 band and  a few songs of this band which did it on purpose after this ruling, to "go against the flow".

In other words, don't be so paranoid people, and do some research before believing everything you'll see and hear on the net.....

Also this, record your own voice for a day, when doing all the useuall stuff. Then play it backwards, and keep in mind that you want to hear devilish stuff, you'll be spooked by yourself as you will hear yourself saying things which you never would imagined.

This post was edited on 11-28-2004 at 05:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-28-2004 05:14 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
In fact, many many years ago (when rock-'n-roll, punk, etc. was born) there have been many investigations (yes, real investigations by goverments, courts, etc.) to this stuff and to the very same groups and songs which are listed in this thread. These investigation came after some youngster killed himself and left a note saying that he had to do it because the song X from group Y (can't remember exactly) told him todo so when you played the song backwards.

This group had been brought to court and it was quickly decided that there was nothing to worry about and that it was only the rich imagination of the youngster that killed him.

How was this determined? After many rediculus words and comments fired to eachother (rockgroup vs concearned parents), the judge had enough and demanded to listen to that particular song. What happend? The singer of the rockgroup gave the judge the reversed lyrics of a part of the song, the judge listenend and 30 secs afterwards he ruled that all this was pure crap. What did the singer gave to the judge? Simply the reversed lines: "Bake an egg, etc... etc..." Can't remember exactly, but it was VERY clear that the judge, and everybody else in the court, only heared what they were told to hear and thus these reverse song-stuff is complete "suggestive".

Yes I saw this on a recent rock n' roll documentary/history program on BBC2 (in the U.K.) The singer made reverse lyrics up for a different song he had made before hand and you could hear what he ment for you to hear. So the judge knew that this kinda thing could easily be suggested to be there but it's not if it wasn't suggested.

quote:
Like I said, without knowing WHAT you SHOULD hear, you'll hear nothing!!!

It's still scary that certain things can make your mind hear things you wouldn't if you weren't thinking about that certain thing.:S
AC3
11-28-2004 05:21 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
It's still scary that certain things can make your mind hear things you wouldn't if you weren't thinking about that certain thing.
The things is, subconscence you are thinking about such things. The sole act of listening to a song backwards to test this, gives you subconscence thoughts about what you will be hearing...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-28-2004 05:39 PM
genocid

Karn Evil

36 / Male / –
Hm, let's think about it this way: the song makes sense both ways, if we were to believe the backward version. I think it would take a billion years for someone to find the lyrics that would make sense both ways... So, the only way to do this, is by satanic influence... But my God, if Satan himslef wanted to transmit something through a backwards song, I think he would have chosen something more interesting and to the point, to say. I don't know if u get what I'm saying, but it's clearly garbage! The backwards version doesn't say nothing, they're juse sentences with little meaning, and virtually NO meaning in the big picture... so, the only thing is the occasional Satan, and that weird 666... that's not enough to go on... And another thing, I received a mail a few weeks ago, with a written phrase in which all the letters in the words were missplaced, only the first and last were correctly placed... but you could still make out everything, perfectly, because the brain does all the work... The brain does the same thing when it hears words that it doesn't understand, or doesn't recognize. it's the same thing, you're hearing something that SOUNDS like satan, and you translate it INTO satan...
11-28-2004 07:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by genocid
uence... But my God, if Satan himslef wanted to transmit something through a backwards song, I think he would have chosen something more interesting and to the point, to say. I don't know if u get what I'm saying, but it's clearly garbage! The backwards version doesn't say nothing, they're juse sentences with little meaning, and virtually NO meaning in the big picture... so, the only thing is the occasional Satan, and that weird 666... that's not enough to go on... And another thing, I received a mail a few weeks ago, with a written phrase in which all the letters in the words were missplaced, only the first and last were correctly placed... but you could still make out everything, perfectly, because the brain does all the work... The brain does the same thing when it hears words that it doesn't understand, or doesn't recognize. it's the same thing, you're hearing something that SOUNDS like satan, and you translate it INTO satan...

I agree completly..

If you see lyrics then you hear it 2.. Its all in the brain :-P
11-28-2004 08:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
genocid

Karn Evil

36 / Male / –
about that reverse speach site... I checked it out, very stupid. Very stupid in 2 ways: there is no such thing as reverse speach, it's a stupid idea, even in theory, and the second thing... none of those "satanic" messages were clear, without the lyrics, I couldn't make out anything, except the word "bannish" in one of the examples, that was more clear. Just complete rubbish, I think it's time to drop this subject, it's clear it's all just the power of sugestion, and people searching for misteries and hidden symbols where there's nothing. In Romania, we have an expression that can't be translated, but the idea is they creat a "storm in the piss bowl" :) Make a big fuss about nothing...
We never learn even deserts burn/and all politicians lie/they won't do nothing till we reach high noon  - Black moon
11-29-2004 05:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
* lopardo remembers a guy who spoke backwards in a TV show... :lol:
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
11-30-2004 01:08 AM
Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »