What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » 'Contact Info and Last Seen Online'

'Contact Info and Last Seen Online'
Author: Message:
lalabelle

O.P. 'Contact Info and Last Seen Online'
Hi

I just installed Mess Plus and am eager to try out all its features but I do need some clarification on something.  What is the difference between 'Last seen Online' and 'Last new chat'?  They seem to be the same for my contacts.  Also, it appears that my computer has just accumulated the time from when my contacts came online and just keeps adding time to it even though they have been 'offline' for hours.  So, for some of them it says for both categories 10 hours or more even though they have been 'offline'...could that just mean that they are 'appearing as offline'?

Thx for your help
L
05-17-2004 08:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: 'Contact Info and Last Seen Online'
Last seen online indicates the time they were last seen online. Last new chat indicates the time you had a conversation with them.

Logically, a contact can be online without you having a conversation with him/her, but not the other way around.
quote:
Originally posted by lalabelle
it appears that my computer has just accumulated the time from when my contacts came online and just keeps adding time to it even though they have been 'offline' for hours
You should think "ago" after it; they were seen that long ago.

quote:
Originally posted by lalabelle
for some of them it says for both categories 10 hours or more even though they have been 'offline'...could that just mean that they are 'appearing as offline'
No, see above :)

This post was edited on 05-17-2004 at 08:37 PM by Tochjo.
05-17-2004 08:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: