What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » So many languages

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
2 votes - 4 average   So many languages
Author: Message:
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: So many languages
quote:
Originally posted by jpg050
the ones I pointed out seem out of place for a nationalism
I agree, I would personally call som of the signs nationdemagogy :P

I'm sorry I misunderstood you, hope you can accept my apologies :$.
I thought you were talking about Catalan, because we were discussing the cultural differences.

Anyway I heard once language files are compressed a lot and that it's not a matter of size. So I don't see the point of language packs, which would maybe confuse people who are not used to computers.

This post was edited on 05-23-2004 at 02:48 PM by KeyStorm.
05-23-2004 02:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Anyway I heard once language files are compressed a lot and that it's not a matter of size.
language files (the same as any other files of the plus installation) are compressed in zip format inside the setup program so they take about 10 kb or so each ... however what patchou doesn't want is to include lots translations that only would be used by very few people (because those very many ones multiplied by 10 Kb could be something to care about it).
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-23-2004 02:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
yonki

RE: RE: So many languages
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Anyway I heard once language files are compressed a lot and that it's not a matter of size.
language files (the same as any other files of the plus installation) are compressed in zip format inside the setup program so they take about 10 kb or so each ... however what patchou doesn't want is to include lots translations that only would be used by very few people (because those very many ones multiplied by 10 Kb could be something to care about it).

Juas, parece mentira que esteis discutiendo en ingles. De todos modos si de verdad fuera un problema de tamaño solo se incluiria un español, porque todos lo entendemos(los de america, los catalanes, los valencianos, etc). Pero como ese no es el caso no se pa ke discutir, de todos modos muy divertido :D Lo que me extraña es que no este el euskera *-) pk el galego ya lo vi.

Los guiris deben de estar flipando, 4 idiomas solo pa los españoles, y todavia falta otro, que orgullo ser español:banana:

Keep up the good work!!
05-24-2004 10:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
We are discussing in English because we want anyone to understand what we are talking about (si no fuera así ya estaríamos hablando en otro idioma, collons :P).
Dragonball started this thread. He doesn't understand Spanish nor Catalan, but he's interested in these languages. We're replying in Esnglish because it is the best way to get him to understand us :grin:.

Anyway... maybe you're right about that Spanish would be enough, but Patchou is looking for full internationalization, not slim packages. Most people have broad-band connection, it's almost not a matter of size anymore. And if it is... you will enjoy having waited one hour to download such an excellent bit of software! ;)

This post was edited on 05-24-2004 at 10:55 PM by KeyStorm.
05-24-2004 10:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: