What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Dell,Gateway, Or Mac?

Pages: (11): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 » Last »
Poll: Mach,Dell, Or gateway?
Mac
Dell
Gateway
VooDoo
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
2 votes - 3 average   Dell,Gateway, Or Mac?
Author: Message:
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Dell,Gateway, Or Mac?
Looks like im gettin a dell! lol...I will close da poll in 3 days..So vote guys!
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
06-14-2004 11:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user2319
Disabled Account

RE: Dell,Gateway, Or Mac?
quote:
I want a gaming comp, but not for like java script games..I wanna play 3D and 4D games...

Then don't even consider Dell. The best is that you let the local computerstore build it. You said you had $950, right? A system like this might be nice then (I got it from the Tweakers.net Best buy Guide May 2004, but slightly modified it.)

This is a ~1000 Euro budget gaming PC.

• Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2800+
  • Motherboard: Asus A7N8X Deluxe
  • 2x Memory: TwinMos 256MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
  • Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
  • Sound & Ethernet: Onboard
  • Hard disk: Maxtor 120GB DiamondMax Plus 9
  • DVD-burner: NEC ND-2500 (Black)
  • DVD-player: LG 16x48x (Black)
  • USB Pendrive: PenDrive 64MB USB2.0
  • Case: AOpen QF50A Black 300W
  • Monitor: Philips 109P40
  • Speakers: Logitech Z-640
  • Headset: Labtec Headset 331 Stereo
  • Keyboard: Logitech Internet Keyboard Black
  • Mouse: Logitech MX510 Optical Mouse

As you can see, it's very complete (DVD-burner, USB Pendrive, nice gaming speakers, headset, gaming mouse, ...) set.

Look at the pictures+story why component x is chosen here: http://www.tweakers.net/reviews/494/3

If you buy a Dell, you'll probably need to buy a headset, you won't have a gaming mouse, no USB-Pendrive, you won't have a system for gaming but for Internet+Office use, so you'll need a better grafical card, ...

Oh, btw, the system doesn't have a floppy drive. The persons who made the Guide prefer USB Pendrives. But ofcourse, you could ask the local computerstore to put a floppy drive in it (they are ~6 euros)

So what you do is this: You print out the list, go to the local computer store and ask the person overthere how much money he will need to build a system with these components. Then you write it down, walk to 2 other computer stores, and also write the prices down. Then you look for a comparable Dell/HP/... system, and also write these prices down. Then ask for opinions here :P
06-15-2004 06:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
I dont really mind what you get, most PC are pretty good deals now anyway.:D. But I would go for Alienware http://www.alienware.co.uk
I must pled with you to not buy a mac. You can probaly tell why from whats under my avatar. I had one for quite a while but would never get another, they're just plain bad.
What Blade said was correct, its hard to use or understand and the file navigation is unbeliveable. It really eye scratchingly terrible.:@
If you need evidence just take Calebj14 as an example. He, like all other mac users, tries too hard in promoting the products of apple. It makes him sound desperate for you to buy a mac which I think is a big sign of denial of the truth. You dont see Windows© users going to far to promote the product because they know its good.
In conclusion
Microsoft©, Windows©,Messenger and Plus!(Y)
apple, mac, ipod an OSX(N)
[Image: vistasig9ys.jpg]
06-15-2004 07:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user2319
Disabled Account

:rofl: Microsfot rules? OMG! Act normally! Pul-lease! MS is about the worst company I know. Their misuse of their monopoly is so !@#$*!(%&()%   ! And they are not innovative. They just rip idease, do some bad coding, and sell it as if it's the best OS ever. Microsoft's marketing rules, but it's OS certainly does not.

Do you have any affilition with MS? Do you work for MS? I know only one person who likes MS, and that's Patchou. Well, I don't know if he likes MS, but he hates Linux :P

sorry for my typos, I'm typing this very quickly.

edit: Aha! Found it! :dodgy: You promote MS Windows, ppl will use Windows, their computer gets infected with a *lot* of viri, your brother is happy.

quote:
PS my brothers a windows xp technician and hhe couldnt fix it but any help would be great.

Click the quote to view the topic in which he posted it

edit2: This is also :dodgy:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=27019 The way he asks some questions is like he works for MS and wants to know why linux users use linux, and how MS can avoid (more) people using linux. :dodgy:

quote:
please could you tell me where to download longhorn4074?
Thanks

He must know that that's illegal. Windows is paid software, you can't d/l it legally :P If he works for MS, he would like to stop the spreading of Longhorn. <_<

Sure, I don't *really* think he works for MS, but I don't trust the guy!

This post was edited on 06-15-2004 at 08:20 PM by user2319.
06-15-2004 08:03 PM
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
best sites I have found to "build your own" PC:

well for those in the US:

www.newegg.com

those in the UK:

http://www.pcindex.co.uk
http://uk.pricerunner.com

AND

to add my oar into the M$ debate.

As soon as Linux can come up with a COMPATIBLE with lots of software old & new for the DESKTOP PC I will consider using it for more than the occasional tinker.  I use Windows because it will run exactly what I want without loading some problematic "emulator" which increases the load on the CPU in the first case.

M$ may not be the best company in the world but at least they know where people put their money.

Disclaimer: I do use Linux & I am not anti-linux perse, but until they learn that the big world outdoors is a vicious place I think they are in la-la land.

This post was edited on 06-15-2004 at 08:20 PM by Garndell.
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
06-15-2004 08:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
ok then, well Patchou and me have quite a lot in common i also hate linux. I wont go into why now because this isnt really the place but I would like to speak to Patchou, we would probaly have a lot to talk about.:D
I believe that Microsoft© Windows©XP is a superior OS and that everyone should use it.
I wouldn't like to comment about any possible affiliations with Microsoft© or its Windows© products.
06-15-2004 08:18 PM
user2319
Disabled Account

RE: RE: Dell,Gateway, Or Mac?
quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion
ok then, well Patchou and me have quite a lot in common i also hate linux. I wont go into why now because this isnt really the place but I would like to speak to Patchou, we would probaly have a lot to talk about.:D
I believe that Microsoft© Windows©XP is a superior OS and that everyone should use it.
I wouldn't like to comment about any possible affiliations with Microsoft© or its Windows© products.

The "c"'s are not commonly used, and he refuses to speak about any affiliation with Microsoft. I think this is not normal. mad_onion, I would like to contact you privately, and discuss about this further. You can PM me.

Garndell: la-la land rules :D

just joking, Windows compatability is getting better. What compatability do you exactly mean, btw? Word compatability, or [insert something here] compatability?

edit: his sig!!
quote:
Microsoft© Windows©XP
As I said before, these Cs aren't commonly used, and there's no reason to use them, unless you are afraid people will not know that Microsoft and Windows are protected names. Even more offtopic: I thinkWindows shouldn't even be protected anyway :) I also have "windows", in LInux. My browsers is a "window". I use a windowing system, to create 'windows'.

Edit2: I apologise for going this far off-topic. I will not discuss about this in this thread anymore, and hope that if anyone wants to add something, he/she will start a new topic.

This post was edited on 06-15-2004 at 08:30 PM by user2319.
06-15-2004 08:23 PM
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
If Patchou worked for M$ wouldn't Plus! be integrated into Windows by now?  It is that good ;)
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
06-15-2004 08:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
What do you mean "Windows© compatibility is getting better"
Microsoft© Windows©XP is far superior to any other OS as it is. I agree it will improve but but you make it sound as though the OS has poor compatibility. This is obvious not true. Please explain yourself further.
Longhorn is an early development product that should not be distributed to the general public. This was made extremely clear when it was given out to a chosen few developers. Download or purchase of this beta software is illegal. It is not safe for any other users than those who were given express permission to use it for development purposes. Other users could endanger the safety and stability of their systems.
Again, I wouldn't like to comment about any possible affiliations with Microsoft© or its Windows© products.

This post was edited on 06-15-2004 at 08:49 PM by mad_onion.
06-15-2004 08:32 PM
user2319
Disabled Account

I will not discuss this in this thread, as this thread has an other topic title. Please, PM me or start a new topic.

[offtopic]Raceprouk, PM me[/offtopic]
06-15-2004 08:39 PM
Pages: (11): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: