What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » See who has Plus! - The Easier Way

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
See who has Plus! - The Easier Way
Author: Message:
rompom7

O.P. See who has Plus! - The Easier Way
Heres my idea:

MSN Plus! puts a unique character or code at the end of your MSN name (hopefully an invisible character)

So when you look at your MSN list it Plus! will give everyone with that code / character a special icon on your list.

See Attached Image for an idea on how it might look.

Thanks all
rompom

.jpg File Attachment: msgplus idea.jpg (120.45 KB)
This file has been downloaded 825 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-24-2004 at 11:15 AM by rompom7.
05-24-2004 11:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: See who has Plus! - The Easier Way
that has been discussed before and Patchou, the creator of plus, decided that the best way is add the /ping command. Using it you'll know which contacts have plus installed.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-24-2004 11:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tntnnbltn

– / Male / –
When you view the Contact Information you can check if the other person has Plus! by using the /ping command then saves the result.

When I first saw the previews for Plus! 3 I thought that the Plus! icon in the conversation windows was only present when you confirmed the other user had Plus!. However, it's just in everyone's conversations... but I would still like a feature like that implemented.

From there it might be possible for example to filter out Plus! commands for certain groups of individuals (say, those who do not have Plus!). That way if you format the text or play a sound it just appears as normal text on the computer of the non-Plus! user.

Hehe, sorry for ranting a bit there.
05-24-2004 11:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rompom7

O.P. RE: See who has Plus! - The Easier Way
Just a question. Why was this moved? I posted it in the plugins forum.

Also 3 problems with the /ping function

1) The llamas that don't have MSN Plus! Installed will get confused and eat excessive amouts of fish.

2) If you have a big contact list it will be a pain in the ass pinging everyone.

3) You will probably forget who has Plus! and who doesn't, therefore have to ping people almost MSN session. This will get annoying for you and them.

If the character / code in their MSN name wont work then how about when you sign in it sends a popup to everyone saying that you have signed in and that you run Plus! then Plus! remembers whos got it and who doesn't.

the only problem i see with the above is that it might create 2 popups... one sent by the MSN service, and one sent by Plus!
05-24-2004 11:35 AM
rompom7

O.P. RE: RE: See who has Plus! - The Easier Way
quote:
Originally posted by tntnnbltn

From there it might be possible for example to filter out Plus! commands for certain groups of individuals (say, those who do not have Plus!). That way if you format the text or play a sound it just appears as normal text on the computer of the non-Plus! user.

Hehe, sorry for ranting a bit there.

Yes that is a good idea also.
05-24-2004 11:39 AM
whYeNQue

thats me (",)

41 / Male / –
yeh and another problem with the ping thing is that even if it does tell you in the MESSENGER (not MSN) plus! contact information if they log on at another computer that doesnt have plus, you will start doing plus! things and it can get messy!
05-24-2004 01:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
rompom7

I get MSN and msg mixed up all the time :P
05-25-2004 06:43 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
After you've done a /ping with a contact, the information is stored. You can quickly get it by typing /info.

I'm sorry I won't change it, if I did, some people wouldn't like it. I suggest you to suppose everyone on y6our lsit has plus!, and if they don't have it, send it to them ;) (I know, it's easy for me to answer that :p)
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-25-2004 06:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
rompom7

There has to be a discrete way that Plus! can recognise who has it and who doesnt.

I just brainstormed this idea.

How about when you start typing, not only does it say your typing a message, but that you have Plus! running. Is that possible?
05-25-2004 06:56 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rompom7
There has to be a discrete way that Plus! can recognise who has it and who doesnt.

I just brainstormed this idea.

How about when you start typing, not only does it say your typing a message, but that you have Plus! running. Is that possible?

There is, using the protocol to transfer data over, BUT I have spoke to Patchou about it, and this is a no way! He wont use any type of internet protocol to transfer data.
05-25-2004 11:45 AM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: