What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » See who has Plus! - The Easier Way

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
See who has Plus! - The Easier Way
Author: Message:
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: See who has Plus! - The Easier Way
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
(which would be OFF by default)
I would rather prompt a confirmation at the first messenger sign in. Because most people won't know about that feature and will leave it off... :-/
05-26-2004 08:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
quote:
I would rather prompt a confirmation at the first messenger sign in. Because most people won't know about that feature and will leave it off... :-/
That goes for many features then... Should they all have a prompt at the very first sign in then?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-26-2004 10:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Well, people should be able to choose whether of not they want this plugin. Someone should create a poll.
[Image: 7.png]
05-26-2004 10:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
This would be the most relevant concerning privacy. MP! could rely in automatically detect other contacts having MP! to interact with them in other ways. So it would be an important feature. Everyone should be sure they checked unchecked it since many features would be used or not depending on it.

Question answered?

Anyway, this is not going to be added, so why are we discussing? :grin:
05-26-2004 10:48 PM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rompom7
Just a question. Why was this moved? I posted it in the plugins forum.

Because it's not going to be a plug in, it'll be incroperated into Msg. Plus! (Patch said no, but you know what I mean). (I personally think that the should be a sector named "Idea's and Suggestions." :P)

quote:

1) The llamas that don't have MSN Plus! Installed will get confused and eat excessive amouts of fish.

WTF?!?!?!?!? :S

quote:
2) If you have a big contact list it will be a pain in the ass pinging everyone.

True......

quote:
3) You will probably forget who has Plus! and who doesn't, therefore have to ping people almost MSN session. This will get annoying for you and them.

A Word Profile reminding you? Put it in their custom names? The Contact Infomation box provided by Msg. Plus!? :S

quote:
That has been suggested so many times before (this one with the nick was mine :@ :P). He said noway and noway it will stay until he changes his mind.
Requesting it constantly won't help. I think it's a good idea, too. But he won't.
That's it, I'm afraid...

Said it in one.

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
What about a plugin? That way you can pass it around to everyone and your name will change when you log in which tells everyone that you have plus. Something like I have Messenger Plus! 3!, then change back to your real name.

Unless they want to know, most ppl wont care......

quote:
Originally posted by Kilomil
Okay I see what you mean, but then I have an addition more you can add Patchou..
You can make it possible to block sounds from people you think are annoying and are flooding!

Best Regards
Kilomil

Off-topic!

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
That goes for many features then... Should they all have a prompt at the very first sign in then?

Both good points. at first, I agreed with KeyStorm, but I guess i'm on cookie's side now. If you install Msg. Plus! you should go through the options, thats what you downloaded it for :P

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Well, people should be able to choose whether of not they want this plugin. Someone should create a poll.

If Patch isn't gonna do it, whats the point?

quote:
This would be the most relevant concerning privacy. MP! could rely in automatically detect other contacts having MP! to interact with them in other ways. So it would be an important feature. Everyone should be sure they checked unchecked it since many features would be used or not depending on it.

Question answered?

Anyway, this is not going to be added, so why are we discussing?

Yep :P That was probably my longest post ever..... I hardly did anything, hahahaha!

This post was edited on 05-26-2004 at 11:23 PM by MC Inferno.
05-26-2004 11:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lylesback2
Veteran Member

[lylesback2]

38 / Male / –
P-R-I-V-A-C-Y....

top issue, and bottom issue...

it's a good idea, but it's also a bad idea... modifying MSN is not questionable
<skanky>lylesback2</lanky>
3 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes, 56 seconds till the end of the world

05-26-2004 11:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kilomil

RE: RE: See who has Plus! - The Easier Way
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
quote:
Originally posted by Kilomil
Okay I see what you mean, but then I have an addition more you can add Patchou..
You can make it possible to block sounds from people you think are annoying and are flooding!

Best Regards
Kilomil

Off-topic!

I do not think it is off topic since he was concerned that if everyon in his list knew he had plus! he would get flooded with sound commands from individuals who cannot control their lust!
I just came with a solution for a problem concerning this topic, therefore not off topic in my oppinion
It's directly related :P

Best Regards
Kilomil
05-26-2004 11:31 PM
jordanspringer

jjordann

– / Male / –
someone develop a plugin, (since patchou wont... )for plus that shows a "plus logo icon" in a conversation window, indicating that someone has plus installed.(kinda like the webcam icon). have the script do an invisible ping or something... who knows
[Image: name4ld.png]
05-27-2004 01:40 AM
bnevets27

– / Male / –
well i don't see how its a privacy issue really b/c if u use some of the features in plus! it makes it obvious that u have it, like auto msg, auto accept, come back msg etc..... so u obviousily don't care if ppl know.

now the ping issue, alot of my friends have multiple comps in there house. ie. family comp and there own comp, now if there on there family comp and aren't supossed to download or install anything on it then they won't have plus! on it, but when they switch over to there own comp that has plus!........i won't know that now they have plus unless i do another ping request. How do i know which one there on? so everytime they come online i have to do a ping request?
thats anoyin for me AND them.

also i would have to say the average user doesn't understand when Ping shows up on there screen, everyone i do a ping request to r like what??? if they have plus it makes sence to them, if not i have to expalin to them what it was etc, kinda a pain....

Also what the heck is the point of the ping request its just as easy to ask if they have plus!..

just my 2 cents
05-27-2004 02:33 AM
rompom7

O.P. RE: See who has Plus! - The Easier Way
Thank you all for the replies, here is what should be done. In my opion: -

- In the Preferences of Plus! there is the option "Reveal Plus! to other users" or maybe in the install wizard. (I personally think that it should be default ON, who is going to want to hide such a great tool? But I dont mind default OFF either.)

- You sign into Messenger and for about 1 second Plus! changes your name to include a certain code, Then it changes it back.

- Plus! sees contacts sign in, change their name to include a certain code, then change it back. Now Plus! knows that they have Plus! aswell. It then displays a custom icon for the users running Plus!.

I cannot see how this will invade privacy, infact it would INCREASE the privacy of showing Plus!. If I were to /ping someone that was trying to hide Plus! then I would see that they have it. BUT if on my list I see that the person doesn't have Plus! (they disabled "Reveal Plus! to other users") then I am not going to bother to /ping them.

Please Patchou, this would be a really great addition to Plus!

I would like to hear you opion.

Regards
James

This post was edited on 05-27-2004 at 12:37 PM by rompom7.
05-27-2004 12:35 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: