What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!!
Author: Message:
PegHorse

O.P. RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!!
if u got cleaners, there is no reason to keeping traces.
THe parasites take only 120 Ko lol
05-26-2004 12:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Derwan

51 / Male / –
RE: MessengerPlus 3.0 Contain Parasits!!
I have to admit, I nearly get caught every time I install MP!.  With EULA's appearing at the start of installations for most programs, it's an automatic action to hit the "I agree" and "Next".  It's very easy to get "caught out" with the Sponsor Program.

Here are a few suggestions:

1.  As someone else suggested, make the options clearer.  Remove "I agree", etc and leave it as "Install Sponsor", etc, or rearrange it to something like "Install Sponsor (I agree....)".
2.  Default to not installing the sponsor.  (This may not be an option for Patchou under his agreement with the sponsor.)
3.  When performing an upgrade and the sponsor was not previously installed, either do not show the option or have it default to not installing the sponsor.  (The user had already chosen not to install the sponsor.)

We don't want MP! to be known as one of those programs that "trick" you into installing spamware.
05-26-2004 02:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Islander

48 / Male / Flag
Actually I installed the sponsor software too while upgrading, knowing it was there, not wanting to, I went on pressing and looking for the option...
Then I eventually realized MP3 was already running and... oops... the firewall....
Fortunately I know the procedure, deinstalled it again right away and then checked the right option.
It's like Derwan said... you get too used to pressing "Yes" and "I am blind"... :^)
05-26-2004 03:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
I do not see the need to change the text as it is now. It is clear enough if you just at least take the time to read to the end of the line of the two options.

In my opinion, Patchou should not have to encourage your habit of not reading EULAs. Of course, they are really, really long sometimes, and most of it is legal talk, but a quick glance never hurts. I have never read the entire sponsor agreement, but it took me about 10 seconds to decide whether or not I wanted it by skimming the text.

I'd advise you from now on to read what you're installing. I take it you also read contracts in real life before signing them? ;)
05-26-2004 02:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: