What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Animating DP's, not abandoned yet.

Pages: (17): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Animating DP's, not abandoned yet.
Author: Message:
whowho

44 / Other / –
RE: Animating DP's, not abandoned yet.
lol in the mean while can you make a plugin with 100 > animated pictures  in it ,and a option to ad your own animated things ?  same like auditor but then for pictures :P
just a suggestion
yeah i am a noob :P
06-04-2004 03:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

36 / Male / –
Not really a good idea, because you will need another way to send a message to tell the user what D/P you are using.

Its better to wait and do it properly :)
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
06-04-2004 04:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Hah

Im in a good mood - take advantage!

37 / Male / –
Well, i think this is an excellent idea, but I can see this taking a considerable amount of time without a programmer with advanced asm knowledge, or somebody with an easy, but effective method.

Perhaps in the mean time a plug in isnt out of the question. It can render the display picture easy enough over the current display picture (hell, you could do it as simple as hard coding into the plugin some coordinates where the current display picture is.). Although primitive this method could be a quick release so people get used to the idea and the idea gets spread and support for a proper version may grow:

[list=1]
[*]When in conversation user enters plugin command.
[*]Plugin requests file details i.e. the picture to send to this contact.
[*]User selects file.
[*]Plugin temperory renames (or copies) the image to the CRC of the image, or a further unique detail. It then drops the file, along with a recievenotify and the crc to tell the remote plugin the image is on the way.
[*]The remote plugin detects a new file in Recieved Files and checks against our crc, if correct, it renders the image, and sends a confirmation to remote plugin (recieve notify) that transfer was successful.
[*].....etc
[/list]

You can see that this method will work and is very simple. It will also allow for the user to have a seperate image for every1! and if they dont have the plugin or plus...who cares, they still only get sent the file and a few funky characters!

But like i say, ofcource, this could only be a quick fix up just for the time been.

Tah,

Hah

This post was edited on 06-04-2004 at 05:27 PM by Hah.
This post was brought to you by Hah!
(and he takes no responsibility for it :p)

[Image: signatures.jpg]

{Current Web Site}
06-04-2004 05:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
whowho

44 / Other / –
YEAH ! Thats what i think :) would be nice if someone could make it :)

This post was edited on 06-11-2004 at 01:01 AM by whowho.
06-07-2004 05:06 PM
whowho

44 / Other / –
who is gonna make it :)
06-12-2004 07:08 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
ok, i got bored (and confused) with reading all this on page 5.

So ill just throw in this - i saw somewhere that someone said they could change the headers that are sent with msn messenger. And that anything extra is ignored by the client.

Well you could add a bit to the end of the header that will just say

adp: [location]

and leave it up to the user to upload the animated dp to a server.

Then in the same way the korean one does it, display the animated DP.

This way people without the plugin can still use it, and there is none of this msn messenger changing to RAW mumbo-jumbo.

Or you could proxy msn and change the display pic that is sent out, so its sent with the comments.

Sorry if what im saying is complete nonsense to you coding experts.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-12-2004 09:26 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Saralk:
We don't want it to be an externel program that shows the DP in an external window... if U want it like that, then it is very easy to make, very very easy to make... but doesn't give make any sense... that's not the point of it... that is just to make a connection between the 2 computers and then send the animated gif, and then in the other end show the animated gif in a window.. that is just so... crappy...
I think that they have already found a way to compile the animated GIF into the PNG's so that U can use them as ordinary PNG images which Messenger use.. the next thing is to find a way to take the recieved "Animated PNG" out and then make a fake window that puts on top of the DP area or a method to control the Object where the  DP's are shown(but this is very complicated or maybe impossible...)...
The best solution would be if we could this working as plugin, if that is not possible then I guess it would have to be a standalone program, or maybe even a patch(but we would rather not do that...)...
I'm currently experimenting a bit with this, the part on how to show the Animated DP.. but I can't seem to find a solution...

Enough Information???
06-13-2004 12:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Is there a way to create a protocol and then attach it to messenger so that the plugin will understand it but if there is no plugin then messenger just silently discard the information?
[Image: 7.png]
06-13-2004 01:51 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
i'm really looking forward to this project being released.... lol look out for microsoft on this they will be like :dodgy: lets beat him to it
06-13-2004 03:43 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
Why doesn't someone just get the Korean Plus! steal the code from there and put in MSN MEssenger?
Never Hope. Always Wish.
06-13-2004 03:48 AM
Pages: (17): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: