What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Animating DP's, not abandoned yet.

Pages: (17): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Animating DP's, not abandoned yet.
Author: Message:
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Animating DP's, not abandoned yet.
The number is based on your email address. If you enter the email address in the program I linked to ("this file" was a link), it will give you the number. Therefore, it's not completely random :)
09-12-2004 02:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ElectroSoft

Back to the future

38 / Male / –
anyway out of the subject!! I think we can find the number of each account in the registery
09-12-2004 03:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
ElectroSoft, sorry to be so harsh, but drop it. It is NOT random. period. It is a calculated number, like said before, nothing needs to be looked up in the registry and because it is a know calculated formula, it isn't even there to look up. (old thread that covers this: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=15519)

This post was edited on 09-12-2004 at 04:59 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-12-2004 04:56 PM
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
Are you guys trying to figure out a way so that its "not Illegal"? because if someone if it is, this will be more hard then i though, but if you guys aren't why not just open tha map file and delete that part of the script?, or just trying and configure it so it disable that feature?
Never Hope. Always Wish.
09-12-2004 05:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
No, they are trying to figure out how to SEND the animated DP....

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
but if you guys aren't why not just open tha map file and delete that part of the script?, or just trying and configure it so it disable that feature?
This makes no sense....
the map.dat file is an encrypted list of the stored DP's (simply put); there is no coding in it to be disabled....

Furthermore, this is not the issue. Again, the issue is "HOW TO SEND THE DP"... Once that is figured out, methods of storing and showing can be discussed.
09-12-2004 05:20 PM
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
this may sound complicated, but im not sure if this makes sense but look how,
http://www.msn2go.com/
http://webmessenger.msn.com/
http://www.piglet-im.com/
http://www.wbmsn.net/
are put together, they run on a server now i know they have no DP but wouldn't you be able to run a server that connects to then MSN server then send the DP from there, or just directly to the MSN Messenger server.
Never Hope. Always Wish.
09-12-2004 05:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
are put together, they run on a server now i know they have no DP but wouldn't you be able to run a server that connects to then MSN server then send the DP from there, or just directly to the MSN Messenger server.
And what has this to do with animated DP's?
09-12-2004 06:44 PM
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Animating DP's, not abandoned yet.
* lhunath sighs.

Ok, thanks for trying to help here, people, but really; all we need to do, and read it once more and don't divert from it, is :
Find a method to make MSN Messenger use the PNG containing the animation data (hidden data), and not rip it out.

Possible directions to solve this are:
1. Bypassing the algorithm of MSN Messenger which converts images to RAW image data (only the actual pixels you see), then converting the RAW data to PNG. (This way, all hidden data in our original PNG disappears, because it's not in the visible pixels - RAW data.)
2. Adding our PNGs with hidden data directly to the Display Pictures directory and customising the map.dat (and index file) to add the entry of our display picture, so that it appears in the list.

Problems currently keeping us from using any of these solutions:
1. This requires an ASM hack, in the form of a patch or memhack, kind of like Stuffplug NG does very often. I don't know any ASM so I can't do this. I need an ASM programmer to bypass the MSN Messenger algorythm.
2. Decrypting the map.dat file has been successfully done before, the problem is Encrypting it again. Appearantly that isn't very easy. I will try to get in touch with the person that decrypted it. He's at MSNFanatic's board.

I appreciate your input, but people, please stay on topic, and try to keep the thread clean and to the point so we don't get lost in confusion.

Thank you,
~lhun
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
09-12-2004 07:24 PM
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
O.P. Wink  Hidden Data; post your Feature Requests
Excuse me in advance for the double post, but I required your attention and input on the following.

The development of this plugin has progressed to such a phase that I am able to add custom chunks of data into a PNG, which will then be used as your Display Picture, allowing for more hidden data to be transmitted. This hidden data was to then contain an Animating GIF image, which would be overlayed over a PNG image, resulting in an Animating Display Picture.

I have recently decided that with this knowledge and the fact that this plugin will be required for both sides to function, I have the ability to add a whole lot more of features, and thus I thought of turning to you to see what kind of requests you would make, ideas on what kind of features I could integrate using this method.

To give you better idea on what kind of ideas I'm looking for, I'll write down some of my own, things I've thought of up to now.

- Animating Display Picture (of course)
- Linked Display Picture (your display picture will link to for example your homepage)
- About Me (some information conscearning yourself, call it, a mini-profile)
- Your Public PGP/GPG Encryption key, maybe further research could result in encrypted conversations over MSN Messenger this way.

As a last note, I want to state that you people shouldn't expect too much of this as of yet, since there still is no way of actually adding the PNG with the hidden data to the Display Pictures (see the above post of mine). Therefore, I'm still looking for ideas on figuring a way to bypass that problem.

~lhun

(Admins, if you believe that this should be a seperate thread, just split it, I'm not sure what to do with it.)
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
09-14-2004 02:57 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Congrats on the progress (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)...
wait, I'm not certain... Are you saying that you solved the problem of the stripped data (only RAW image data) begin sent (and thus the added hidden data isn't stripped out anymore)?

As for the additional added info, it seems great also...
As for the adding of the DP, I think ASM must come into play and since few people know about it, I suggest to turn to wtbw or TB for that...

Keep up the good work....

This post was edited on 09-14-2004 at 08:32 PM by CookieRevised.
09-14-2004 03:08 PM
Pages: (17): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: