What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Spell Check plugin??

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
Spell Check plugin??
Author: Message:
djkoe

O.P. RE: Spell Check plugin??
OK but this has some bugs,
1. it wont install on my pc (odd...)
2. it isnt like you type /spell on or /spell off
3. you can't download word files and implant that becouse im dutch :P
4. it also replaces like if you have: ilf replaced by if then when you have a word that contains ilf like the word milf or some than it replaces it also so it becomes mif.
5. no installation or some.
6. no expansion possibilities.

i can make some wordfiles (maybe get it from some ppl) but the main thing is that the plugin should be created and i don't think that that should be so hard for a plugin creator? who makes that plugin stuff, stand up and call!
05-30-2004 10:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
RE: Spell Check plugin??
quote:
Originally posted by djkoe
2. it isnt like you type /spell on or /spell off
Its not a plugin, its a Word Filter list, so you can send the text and if you misspelled something it should get corrected..
quote:
4. it also replaces like if you have: ilf replaced by if then when you have a word that contains ilf like the word milf or some than it replaces it also so it becomes mif.
Then, edit that word out ;)
quote:
5. no installation or some.
Actually, it is an installation in itself :P This is not a plugin or program, and that is not a 'bug' :P
quote:
6. no expansion possibilities.
...isn't a bug either :P.. and you can 'expand' the list all you like :)

If you want more info, contact WDZ via PM :P.. or post here of course..
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

PHP is more powerful and flexible than some people think... you can use it for things that have nothing to do with the web. :p
(Y)

This post was edited on 05-30-2004 at 11:02 PM by Sk3tch.
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
05-30-2004 11:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Excellent work WDZ...although I really wish there were some way to turn it on or off...maybe a plugin would be good.
[Image: 7.png]
05-31-2004 12:29 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
Of course a customizable plug-in would be much better... you'll have to find someone else to make that though. :p

This "spell checking" system is extremely simple and limited... don't expect much from it.
05-31-2004 03:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Willtard

Pour moi, la meilleure solution consisterait à développer un correcteur d'orthographe à partir de Aspell. C'est un produit Linux utilisé gratuitement pour faire ce genre d'exercice, comme par exemple avec Gaim, qui est un équivalent de Msn sous Linux. Cela fonctionne à merveille avec ce dernier produit, je vous assure. Je suis sur et certain qu'avec Msn cela peut aussi fonctionner. Je vous laisse les adresses de Gaim et de Aspell afin que vous puissiez constater que ça fonctionne bien ailleurs. La solution d'utiliser le correcteur Word de Microsoft me paraît bien compliqué vu la que le code source n'est pas accessible, contrairement au code source de Linux.

Developpement :
Une fois Aspell installé, reportez vous dans le manuel à la section 6 pour savoir comment implémenter les fonctionnalités du correcteur orthographique dans un plug-in msn plus.
De ce coté là aussi, j'ai l'impression qu'il serait plus facile de pouvoir directement aller dans msn pour pouvoir corriger en cours de frappe. A bon enttendeur salut.

http://aspellfr.free.fr/aspell/index.html.fr
http://aspell.net/win32/
http://gaim.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

Cordialement,
Roger-Jean Silvestre

This post was edited on 05-31-2004 at 09:07 AM by Willtard.
05-31-2004 07:53 AM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
translation please?

'dz, can u post the php script or upload it, so people can use it to make one in their own language.

also in messenger
code:
(c)
becomes (c) but in word it becomes a copyright symbol, wot gets priority?
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-01-2004 01:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Phrive

...!Phrive!...

35 / Male / –
cheers WDZ its absolutley brilliant thanx ever so much didnt really trhink soemthing like that was nessesarry but knowi know its exellent that you amde it
[Image: 1thing5hk.gif]

06-01-2004 02:07 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
'dz, can u post the php script or upload it, so people can use it to make one in their own language.
:^)

There's still manual work involved, and the script isn't very "polished." I'd have to write up instructions, worry about problems that people might have with it, etc. :-/

So, no. :p Maybe someday I'll do more work on the script then host it here so you can just upload a Word file, and the script will spit out a reg file. I wasn't planning on supporting this "project" for much longer though... it was just a little experiment. :p
06-01-2004 06:13 PM
Mushroom_Man

That crazy guy

Maybe we could add a space to the beginning and end of each word to stop 'milf' becoming 'mif'?

I know that wouldn't work for the first and last words in your message, as well as anything followed by a comma, but it might be better...
06-01-2004 06:26 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom_Man
Maybe we could add a space to the beginning and end of each word to stop 'milf' becoming 'mif'?
In the reg file? I don't see "ilf"... :-/ :p

I'm not even sure how the Plus! word filter works... does it simply do a string replace, or is there some logic behind it? :dodgy: The change log doesn't help much... this is interesting though...
quote:
You can add a star at the beginning or at the end of a filter. For example, "uni*" will filter "uni", "university", ...
I know none of the autocorrect strings contain stars though. :-/

Even more interesting is this...
quote:
A separate option has been added in the Import/Export wizard for word filters. This allows you to share your filters with other people.
Doh! :p I should have made a *.pld file instead of a *.reg file... :-/
06-01-2004 07:01 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: