What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » RiverFest 2004!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
RiverFest 2004!
Author: Message:
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
O.P. RiverFest 2004!
Hey guys  & gurls,
  Well today was the first day of The RiverFest music festival in Somerset, Wisconsin. It's a huge rock concert with a bunch of sweet bands.  Over 8,000 people.  The bands that played today (friday) were:
  • L.T.D.
  • Fighting Tongs
  • Atomship
  • Apartment 26
  • Soil
  • Cold
  • Sevendust
  • and DamagePlan

Here's a poster with all the bands playing today and tomarrow.  Although the friday Concert last year was better, the one this year was still bad ass.  I'll post some more news on Sunday or Monday.  Post if you like any of these bands.  No negative posts please. 

-peace

05-29-2004 05:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
RE: RiverFest 2004!
Are all those bands American or am I just being thick, I've never heard of any of them?
06-06-2004 10:38 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Have fun dude (Y)(Y)(Y)

PS: huge rock concert? 8000 people is considered a very small concert here... heck, we (with our youthmovent) always organise each summer a big open-air party. That takes 8000 people alone :D

Ever heared of Rock Werchter, a 4-day festival held in Belgium on 1st-4th of June? The biggest international artists are always queueing up to play there. The concert is known for it's quality, fun and atmosphere all over the world :D

The current playlist:
Admiral Freebee, Air, Arsenal, Basement Jaxx, The Bees, The Black Eyed Pees, David Bowie, Black Rebel Motorcylce Club, Broken Social Scene, The Cure, Cypress Hill, Daan, Danko Jones, The Darkness, Dropkick Murphys, El Tattoo del Tigre, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Franz Ferdinand, Nelly Furtado, Girls in Hawaii, Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals, PJ Harvey, Heideroosjes, Korn, Kosheen, Flip Kowlier, Lenny Kravitz, Lamb,  Lostprophets, Magnus, Metallica,  Moloko, Monster Magnet, Muse, N*E*R*D, Novastar, Roy Paci & Arestuka, P!NK, Pixies, Placebo, The Rapture, The Rasmus, Sean Paul, Sioen, Sophia, Starsailor, Jasper Steverlinck, Joss Stone, Sugababes, Thou, Tortoise, T.Raumschmiere, Triggerfinger, The Von Bondies, Wilco, Within Temptation, Wu-Tang Clan, Youngblood Brass Band, Zero 7, Zornik, and maybe more...
(and that's without the supported bands; like Slipknot will support Mettalica)

(and then some people here even say this line-up isn't that good :D, it was better other years... go figure :D)

It is already sold out though (took only a few weeks), so that's the pitty. The 70000 people will have a great festival... (btw, the little town Werchter has normaly a small 15000 habitants, so during those days it will be a bit more :P)

During the summer-months there are always several festivals going on all over Belgium (and Netherlands also) each week. It's like a wet dream for party people :D

This post was edited on 06-06-2004 at 11:59 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-06-2004 11:45 AM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RiverFest 2004!
quote:
Originally posted by deej
Are all those bands American or am I just being thick, I've never heard of any of them?
All American, I think. 

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Have fun dude (Y)(Y)(Y)
I already went, last weekend. 

quote:
PS: huge rock concert? 8000 people is considered a very small concert here... heck, we (with our youthmovent) always organise each summer a big open-air party. That takes 8000 people alone :D
yeah, no shit.... you guys know how to rock over there.  Some day I'll fly over there and go to one. 
quote:
The current playlist:
Admiral Freebee, Air, Arsenal, Basement Jaxx, The Bees, The Black Eyed Pees, David Bowie, Black Rebel Motorcylce Club, Broken Social Scene, The Cure, Cypress Hill, Daan, Danko Jones, The Darkness, Dropkick Murphys, El Tattoo del Tigre, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Franz Ferdinand, Nelly Furtado, Girls in Hawaii, Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals, PJ Harvey, Heideroosjes, Korn, Kosheen, Flip Kowlier, Lenny Kravitz, Lamb,  Lostprophets, Magnus, Metallica,  Moloko, Monster Magnet, Muse, N*E*R*D, Novastar, Roy Paci & Arestuka, P!NK, Pixies, Placebo, The Rapture, The Rasmus, Sean Paul, Sioen, Sophia, Starsailor, Jasper Steverlinck, Joss Stone, Sugababes, Thou, Tortoise, T.Raumschmiere, Triggerfinger, The Von Bondies, Wilco, Within Temptation, Wu-Tang Clan, Youngblood Brass Band, Zero 7, Zornik, and maybe more...
(and that's without the supported bands; like Slipknot will support Metalica)

(and then some people here even say this line-up isn't that good :D , it was better other years... go figure:D )

That would be the most beautiful thing I would ever see in my life.  I love rock concerts.  I'm going to one called "Project Revolution" at the end of August.  Its a 2 day music festival with Linkin Park, The Core, KoRn, and snoop dog (plus more...).  That will be awesome.  I also want to go to a Fish concert, those are kool, to say the least. 

Well I'm glad accouple people actually responded, it took a while but ohwell.   :refuck:

06-06-2004 06:39 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
in britain the biggest rock/indie concert is probably the reading/leeds festival, that seriously rocks.

its over 3 days, and features loads of bands, this year the line up is.

[Image: Leeds-Line-Up(1).gif]

This post was edited on 06-06-2004 at 07:02 PM by saralk.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-06-2004 07:01 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

dude thats a sweet line up, i've heard of half of them... twisted sister lmao, eighties style!!

reading is fucking gr8, leeds looks wicked, i may have to go, but i may go 2 the ozzfest, if not, i can save my ass up, and go 2 all three days!!! lol
06-06-2004 08:02 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
i may go 2 the ozzfest
DO IT, DO IT.... It will be the best time of your life.  I went last year and it was so fun. 
06-15-2004 04:38 AM
azn angel

rawr

– / Female / –
man i wish we had dis kinda shit in australia!
da closest we have to that iz rhumba an thatz kinda shit...
da Blink 182 concert iz commin up soon but i cant go :(:( ahh well, some ov those line ups loox fkn great! sooo jealous!
TREKIE IS MY HOMEBOY <3
06-15-2004 05:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
da Blink 182 concert iz commin up soon but i cant go
lol, blink-182, there a kool band, but someone I'd go see in concert EVER AGAIN.  I went with a friend and it was boring. 

yeaaa  All the...small things.... w00t...  NOT
06-23-2004 09:12 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Ever heared of Rock Werchter, a 4-day festival held in Belgium on 1st-4th of June? The biggest international artists are always queueing up to play there. The concert is known for it's quality, fun and atmosphere all over the world

The current playlist:
Admiral Freebee, Air, Arsenal, Basement Jaxx, The Bees, The Black Eyed Pees, David Bowiedoesnt come, he's ill :/, Black Rebel Motorcylce Club, Broken Social Scene, The Cure, Cypress Hill, Daan, Danko Jones, The Darkness, Dropkick Murphys, El Tattoo del Tigre, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Franz Ferdinand, Nelly Furtado, Girls in Hawaii, Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals, PJ Harvey, Heideroosjes, Korn, Kosheen, Flip Kowlier, Lenny Kravitz, Lamb,  Lostprophets, Magnus, Metallica,  Moloko, Monster Magnet, Muse, N*E*R*D, Novastar, Roy Paci & Arestuka, P!NK, Pixies, Placebo, The Rapture, The Rasmus, Sean Paul, Sioen, Sophia, Starsailor, Jasper Steverlinck, Joss Stone, Sugababes, Thou, Tortoise, T.Raumschmiere, Triggerfinger, The Von Bondies, Wilco, Within Temptation, Wu-Tang Clan, Youngblood Brass Band, Zero 7, Zornik, and maybe more...
(and that's without the supported bands; like Slipknot will support Mettalica)

(and then some people here even say this line-up isn't that good , it was better other years... go figure )

It is already sold out though (took only a few weeks), so that's the pitty. The 70000 people will have a great festival... (btw, the little town Werchter has normaly a small 15000 habitants, so during those days it will be a bit more )

You can follow the 4-day festival live on:
mms://wm.streampower.be/werchter_live

the website: http://www.rockwerchter.be/

VIVA BELGIUM :p every weekend all summer, numerous festivals all over the country wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

This post was edited on 07-02-2004 at 03:28 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-02-2004 03:26 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: