What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Searching Bug

Searching Bug
Author: Message:
Viper6

O.P. Searching Bug
Hi guys

Love the new MP3 version... just have 1 gripe

Press control+f to search a conversation and find a word that you know is there, then press escape (so you can copy this text). You will find that the stupid thing scrolls all the way down to the bottom of the conversation and it loses its place...

Hope this can be fixed
06-01-2004 02:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Searching Bug
quote:
Originally posted by Viper6
Hi guys

Love the new MP3 version... just have 1 gripe

Press control+f to search a conversation and find a word that you know is there, then press escape (so you can copy this text). You will find that the stupid thing scrolls all the way down to the bottom of the conversation and it loses its place...

Hope this can be fixed

i think its supposed to do that:o
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
06-01-2004 05:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
yes, its supposed to do that. However, you may have not noticed that the search windoiw is modeless, which means that you can access the chat window even when the search is opened (to copy the text or send a message for example).
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-01-2004 05:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Viper6

O.P. RE: Searching Bug
OK great thanx patchou i will give it a try :P

One more thing, I don't know if this is possible but say you are in a conversation with 4-5 other people and everyone is talking and u miss something and want to scroll up, but everytime you do it goes to the bottom of the conversation because someone has typed something new! This is also very annoying (i know its not a feature of MP3 but is there a way to disable it).
06-02-2004 04:29 AM
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
The auto scroll feature is what ur experiencing, tho I've seen some things with auto scroll turned off so u can scoll an read, problem is that once off it would need u 2 manually scroll, so having it temp disabled while in search would be good enough i'd think, and add a lil thing in the plus! menu 2 turn it on/off.
06-02-2004 01:31 PM
Viper6

O.P. RE: Searching Bug
I have seriously been thinking about this issue for the last 2 days non stop and came up with this...

Patchou i am sure u have used mIRC before... Is there any way of making MSN scrolling work like in mIRC.

You know with mIRC once u scroll up the position is kept there, until you move right down to the bottom again, then it continues to auto scroll...

This post was edited on 06-03-2004 at 10:11 AM by Viper6.
06-03-2004 10:11 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: