What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import
Author: Message:
jasonsn16

O.P. Cool  How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import
Hey Everyone!  How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import them onto a new computer/laptop?  I just bought a new one and want to transfer all of this stuff over.  BTW I downloaded MSN 6 Backup/Restore from Sherv.net and am wondering where it saves the backup of MSN Messenger settings.  I really hope someone can help me out here. 

Thanks for your time.
Jason Neskar

This post was edited on 06-03-2004 at 03:38 PM by jasonsn16.
06-03-2004 03:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import
You can backup, but you wont be able to restore on another comp, because its encrypted for that user on that PC
06-03-2004 05:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jasonsn16

O.P. Grin  RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import
That sucks.  Can you not copy the files over the ones it creates?  There has to be a way to do it.
06-04-2004 03:44 PM
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import
get c/e dp stealer and make a new user get on msn on both comps use the  the emoticons you wont run the ce dp stealer to get the emotcions on the new comp and save them to that comp go  under the name u stole them from and add them the will be on the new comp  at least it should cause i have done it before. so if it helps your welcome
06-04-2004 04:36 PM
jasonsn16

O.P. RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import
quote:
Originally posted by wu_tang
get c/e dp stealer and make a new user get on msn on both comps use the  the emoticons you wont run the ce dp stealer to get the emotcions on the new comp and save them to that comp go  under the name u stole them from and add them the will be on the new comp  at least it should cause i have done it before. so if it helps your welcome

Yeah your idea sort of helps me out.  I'll try it later on when I get home.  What c/e dp stealer do you recommend for me to use?

This post was edited on 06-04-2004 at 05:04 PM by jasonsn16.
06-04-2004 04:57 PM
weirdal27

Mostly Harmless

– / Male / –
try mess.be in the downloads section, they got a good one
[Image: weirdal27.png?t=1091467250]
06-04-2004 06:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
goto mess.be and get the first one cause i think that one does not of that adware/spyware on it
06-04-2004 06:25 PM
jasonsn16

O.P. RE: RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then
quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
try mess.be in the downloads section, they got a good one

quote:
goto mess.be and get the first one cause i think that one does not of that adware/spyware on it

OK guys thanks for your help once again.

This post was edited on 06-04-2004 at 08:20 PM by jasonsn16.
06-04-2004 08:19 PM
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
did it work
06-05-2004 02:10 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then imp
quote:
That's a very complicated and useless way tbh....
All the emoticons/display pictures/backgrounds are saved in the cache directory of MSN Messenger as TFR<number>.tmp or TFR<number>.dat:

for XP, Win2k, NT:
\Documents and Settings\<windows accountname>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<your_msn_id_number>\
for 9x (with profiles):
\WINDOWS\Profiles\<windows accountname>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
for 9x (without profiles):
\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger

So all you need to do is to copy, save and rename those files to .PNG and you can add them again with MSN Messenger.

So instead of:
Saved CE/DP/BG's => Open another messenger => send to original account => Use CE/DP stealer => copy and add them again to MSN

Just do:
saved CE/DP/BG's => copy and add them again to MSN

for more info, see:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18...d=163605#pid163605

edit: updated url to new host link

This post was edited on 06-10-2008 at 12:12 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-05-2004 10:34 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: