What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import
Author: Message:
jasonsn16

O.P. RE: RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by wu_tang
get c/e dp stealer and make a new user get on msn on both comps use the  the emoticons you wont run the ce dp stealer to get the emotcions on the new comp and save them to that comp go  under the name u stole them from and add them the will be on the new comp  at least it should cause i have done it before. so if it helps your welcome
That's a very complicated and useless way tbh....
All the emoticons/display pictures/backgrounds are saved in the cache directory of MSN Messenger as TFR<number>.tmp or TFR<number>.dat:

for XP, Win2k, NT:
\Documents and Settings\<windows accountname>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<your_msn_id_number>\
for 9x (with profiles):
\WINDOWS\Profiles\<windows accountname>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger
for 9x (without profiles):
\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger

So all you need to do is to copy, save and rename those files to .PNG and you can add them again with MSN Messenger.

So instead of:
Saved CE/DP/BG's => Open another messenger => send to original account => Use CE/DP stealer => copy and add them again to MSN

Just do:
saved CE/DP/BG's => copy and add them again to MSN

for more info, see:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18...d=163605#pid163605

If I copy the files to another pc.  How would I import them?  They are going into the same MSN Messenger as they were in the first place.  Would that would or is there a way to import TFR<number>.tmp or TFR<number>.dat, etc into MSN Messenger 6.2 using an display picture, background, emoticon adder?
06-05-2004 11:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import
I didn't say you need to copy them in the exact same directory. I said copy them, rename them to *.png, and add them again...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-05-2004 11:20 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jasonsn16

O.P. Roll Eyes  RE: RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I didn't say you need to copy them in the exact same directory. I said copy them, rename them to *.png, and add them again...

Oh OK Thanks again for your help.
06-05-2004 11:58 PM
shamis

RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then imp
Hey emoticon lovers!

Take all the great information you learned on this forum and drag your emoticons into emotty's free emoticon backup tool

Its free, fun and 100% SAFE. Plus you can then submit your emoticons to emotty's social network and download new ones.

Have fun!!!!

This post was edited on 10-03-2007 at 11:05 PM by shamis.
10-03-2007 11:04 PM
exbox

RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import
WOW!!!

Thanks for spamming this topic from 3 years ago!
GOOGLE is your friend.
10-03-2007 11:39 PM
Bigsteve30

– / Male / –
Dodgy  RE: How do I backup emoticons/display pictures/background from MSN Messenger then import
if you wanna backup your live messenger use MSN BackUp 1.3.2 you can backup wink/emoticons/display pictures/background yjust need your id from your account and email its backups and restore's its a cool program and its free too its work i use it my self i have lots of wink/emoticons/display pictures/background now and all backup on cd so i don't lost them have fun

http://www.baisoft.it/msnbackup_download.asp

This post was edited on 10-06-2007 at 04:46 PM by Bigsteve30.
10-06-2007 03:31 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: