What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Switch nicknames...

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Switch nicknames...
Author: Message:
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Switch nicknames...
Messenger Plus! is a professional addition to MSN Messenger, please don't make it a spammers toy or a lamers tool box =\...

If you want to add any of this, I believe you should make a seperate program. I think it's time for Patchou to filter out all the annoyance plugins...
06-05-2004 07:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Switch nicknames...
quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Messenger Plus! is a professional addition to MSN Messenger, please don't make it a spammers toy or a lamers tool box =\...

If you want to add any of this, I believe you should make a seperate program. I think it's time for Patchou to filter out all the annoyance plugins...

I agree with Evilseph, Keep it just  Plus!
Never Hope. Always Wish.
06-05-2004 07:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc3
Banned for ban evasion

O.P. RE: Switch nicknames...
its not to annoy. i mainly want this just to show lyrics and stuff. worked great with MySweetNix! noone complained because it changed and didnt lag.

so lets say i wanna change it to "how r u doing im doing fine thank you" but in different parts example:

how r u says:
hey

(second later)

doing im doing fine says:
hey??

(second later)

thank you says:
are you there??

some of you say that this is already possible in Plus! but i didnt quite understand the instructions so if someone could reexplain please.
06-06-2004 08:30 AM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
ok, I just set that up and it worked for a while, but then i got loads of error messages and it crashed my msn
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-06-2004 02:42 PM
crank

Failed to come back here :(

34 / Male / Flag
Posseidon is trying to make a plug for that I think.
Check over here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26760
He's stuck or something tough...
I haven't been active here in ages.
If you're wondering who i am, read my reputations. I used to make plugins, skins and spam the IRC channels here back in the good old days before Windows Live.
06-06-2004 03:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by riahc3
its not to annoy. i mainly want this just to show lyrics and stuff. worked great with MySweetNix! noone complained because it changed and didnt lag.

so lets say i wanna change it to "how r u doing im doing fine thank you" but in different parts example:

how r u says:
hey

(second later)

hey??

(second later)

thank you says:
are you there??

some of you say that this is already possible in Plus! but i didnt quite understand the instructions so if someone could reexplain please.

It does annoy people, it flashes your contact list every bloody time you change your name. Apart from that, people that are using Messenger Plus! to it's full extent will get flooded with popups, as it notifies you when people change their nicks. Furthermore, Microsoft has set a limit as to how many time you can change your name within a set amount of time.
06-06-2004 06:39 PM
riahc3
Banned for ban evasion

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by riahc3

how r u says:
hey

(second later)

hey??

(second later)

thank you says:
are you there??

It does annoy people, it flashes your contact list every bloody time you change your name. Apart from that, people that are using Messenger Plus! to it's full extent will get flooded with popups, as it notifies you when people change their nicks. Furthermore, Microsoft has set a limit as to how many time you can change your name within a set amount of time.

Ok if they're using the change name thing thats not exactly my problem....and since when does when someone changes their name it flashes the contact list?? something wrong wit your MSN then because never happens here
06-06-2004 07:36 PM
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Well then, it's not exactly our problem if you want to constantly annoy your contacts with nickname changes :)?
06-06-2004 08:39 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
I'm doing this at the moment... my first test plugin.. :D.. just testing some stuff... and I've made my plugin do scrolling nicks... :D... and the next thing i'm adding is to change nickname from a text file... to do the exact same thing as U want it to.. to show lyrics from songs... and other stuff..
I'm currently using the #6# pause to do it... it has to be at least 6, coz a limitation in MSN is that U can max change ur nick 10 times a minut... so...

Now my problem is that I want to have more power over my plugin.. so I'm trying to add some API at the moment... I might release this on this forum when I have completed this plugin...
06-06-2004 09:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc3
Banned for ban evasion

quote:
Well then, it's not exactly our problem if you want to constantly annoy your contacts with nickname changes :)?

Im not gonna get into a argument but i dont see how i would personally be annoyed if im talking to someone and his nickname changes every second. But everyone has their point of view...

quote:
I'm doing this at the moment... my first test plugin.. .. just testing some stuff... and I've made my plugin do scrolling nicks... ... and the next thing i'm adding is to change nickname from a text file... to do the exact same thing as U want it to.. to show lyrics from songs... and other stuff..
I'm currently using the #6# pause to do it... it has to be at least 6, coz a limitation in MSN is that U can max change ur nick 10 times a minut... so...

Now my problem is that I want to have more power over my plugin.. so I'm trying to add some API at the moment... I might release this on this forum when I have completed this plugin... 

Sounds nice! Even though its not finished you might wanna make a thread for improvments, help, and just a nice buzz
06-07-2004 03:22 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: