What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do you use themes?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Do you use themes?
This poll is closed.
Yes, a modified uxtheme.dll (Styler XP) 18 50%
Yes, a third party program 6 16.67%
No, just the defaults windows gives me 12 33.33%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Do you use themes?
Author: Message:
M-Head

.:|DaBomb|:.

35 / Male / –
RE: Do you use themes?
I've gone from WindowBlinds to uxtheme.dll patch to WindowBlinds again.

There are an absolute multitude of skins for uxtheme, which is both a good and a bad thing.

I'm currently using WindowBlinds. This is however only because of the DogmaX skin, which is lovely. Tripled with the fact that WindowBlinds is becoming more resource-friendly than the Themes service in XP (which is what allows Visual Styles) and the extra things you can do in WindowBlinds (rollup windows, minimise to system tray, skin MSDos windows, blah blah blah) it makes it better for me.

Oh, and I just remembered that with WindowBlinds 4.3 and a skin that provides (or a mixture of everything) you can skin the logoff prompt (XP), Explorer toolbars, file animations (delete to recycle bin, hard delete, move, copy, download in IE).

I recommend to anyone who has had not-so-good experiences with WindowBlinds in the past to try 4.3 - it's improving all the time!
6898 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes, 35 seconds ago Until I am 17.
6986 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes, 35 seconds ago Until I am playing Resident Evil 4 (PAL, GameCube).
07-15-2004 10:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
i used style xp but i redid my windows and just havnt bothered to get it again:P
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
07-15-2004 11:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
I use a patched uxtheme.dll, and although I like a lot the default Luna styles (I'm using that right now in fact), I have like 40 themes installed and switch very frequently.
07-15-2004 02:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
I use a patched uxtheme.dll and I have a lot of visual styles, but right now I'm using the classic theme while I reorganize my files and delete crap. :)
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
07-15-2004 04:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
JaymachRalTir

Star Wars Freak

38 / Male / –
Personally I'm very fond of my DarkTemple theme for WindowBlinds :) I've actually noticed that my PC goes faster when I'm using WindowBlinds, which at first I thought was odd, but learned to just accept, and thank the program for it :). Not that I'm saying WindowBlinds is faster than anything else, I'm sure I coulda messed around with a lot of settings in the default XP look and made it a lot faster but, well, I'm laxy ;). Anyway, as someone requested that we link to our themes....here's an example of mine, though that's not a shot of my desktop, just the example your given before you download it :)
07-15-2004 05:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: